Crossing Bridges v3.0 2006 Sapa & Hanoi, Vietnam 27 Aug - 1 Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI http://www.captourvietnam.com/climate.htm

Although August is the hottest month in Sapa, Temperature is around 13 to 18 between a day. Raining/drizzling is expected in August.

I advice to get a rain jacket or water proof jacket and some rain cover for your beloved gear if u must shot under drizzling condition.

Hope when we are there..the sky is clear and sunshine on us.

the viets said that we will be going to a REAL market in that area and not the ones that tourists normally end up in.....

HI everyone,
It's Longpt from Vietnam.
I am very happy to be ready welcome all of you to Vietnam! Here is our last year SAPA trip at late of September 2005

You can see some photos in My Gallery of SAPA

and everyone, don't forget to make the thread of SAPA in other photo forum hot: in Vietnam photography

If you need any other infomation about Hanoi and Sapa, please email me or you can chat with me in YM longluatgiapham or in skype longpt84913553222.

Our hearts are open to friends and we are warmly welcome you in order to encourage friendships among photo forum communities in South East Asia.
Hope too see all of you in Hanoi.
longpt

after seeing mr long pics, i cant wait to go there with CB3.

BTW, is anyone going to stay in hanoi and go back two days later on sun instead?

HI Serchim,
The next 2 day after CB3 (2/9-3/9)will be our public holiday.
Most of people go out of the city so Hanoi will be very wonderful in those day.
I love our quiet Hanoi.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

what adapter we should bring to feed our battery ?

anyone can share (with pic attached)...

hmm public holidays.

so most of the attractions and landmarks will be closed?

will be hard to shoot when there are so many people around right?

is the holiday due to the Vietnam National Day?

ed9119 said:
Sapa is so cold ??? thanks for the warning, i was prepared to just pack bermudas and t-shirts!

Berms and t-shirts?? :sweat: :nono:
it will freeze ur nuts off... keke
But the weather is cooling but not cold tho. But I think night temp could be as low as 10-12 degrees but having a jacket would be good. I am not sure how to pack for rainy weather tho...

wong_se said:
what adapter we should bring to feed our battery ?

anyone can share (with pic attached)...

if i never remembered wrongly, there is no need to swop adapters. Not sure on it, had been 4 years since i went vietnam :)
But I was thinking of extending the stay by 1 more day to sat before coming back to SG

me thinking of the same since it is sat and sun. no need to take extra leave.

serchim said:
me thinking of the same since it is sat and sun. no need to take extra leave.

Lao Hu has no flight on Saturday.

Sunday flight, u will reach Singapore around 11pm. Reach home approx midnight liao.

still ok la. hope that some ppl are interested :)

through some 'accident' I had booked ONE extra plane ticket.....

I'm opening this extra slot to interested photographer from Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia .....first come first serve......sorri guys, no disc.....PM asap....i REALLY doubt if I will have trouble filling out this one slot

Slot gone ! Sorry a little 'kelong' as I gave it to a Malaysian (he called me real quick too...) as their numbers are currently only 9 pax...... this will make it a nice total of 10 pax from Malaysia.

apologies to u guys who PMed me this evening....

I'm sorry but the registration is closed because we've filled out the 40pax limit from the 3 countries.....

many have asked why not expand the intake to say 50 or 100 pax.... the reason is very simple.....

With 100 Indonesians, Malaysians and Singaporeans and possibly 20-40 more Vietnamese...... you can imagine the CROWD in rural peaceful Vietnam!!!!!

But with a group of 40 foreign photogs and plus another 20 Vietnamese, its easier to manage logistically (eg split up into 3-4 smaller groups) without disrupting the environment and the locals..... some more, all this planning is voluntary by all parties involved...... by people who also want to have the time to shoot! heh heh heh!

... said:
... 100 malaysians, singaporeans, indonesians...

i will hide if i am the residents of Sapa..
and thought to myself.. is this some military attack(all the "big guns") ..hehehehe.. ;p :sweatsm: :sweat: :bigeyes:

You guys are gonna have so much fun....

Remember to bring lots of pics back...

For those more adventurous, the trekking trip to H'mong village home-stay is a must try!

Hi
I am interested to join in the trip. Believe it is full.
Pls put me on your wait-list. Call me if you could take one more person.
Thanks

William HP 81280500

Status
Not open for further replies.