Creative .... which way u'r goin...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is psp , gambeboy.

may be creative can come up with a hand held that complements xbox360 games .

Highly doubt that they would be able to come up with something that can beat Nintendo especially since gaming is not their forte. The Psp is already dying a slow death against the the DS...what can Creative do where Sony failed?

Here's my $0.02 on Creative products.
I think their marketing and product support sucks.

Look at their products... how long do they support it?
E.g. Blaster PC - 1 yr support and they killed it...
Too many experimental products, no focus on on market positioning.
I guess it's like that when you have too many Indian Chiefs in a company.

Here's my $0.02 on Creative products.
I think their marketing and product support sucks.

Look at their products... how long do they support it?
E.g. Blaster PC - 1 yr support and they killed it...
Too many experimental products, no focus on on market positioning.
I guess it's like that when you have too many Indian Chiefs in a company.

indian chiefs?

Just shows that Apple has better marketing research and execution.
Can't agree with that, cost Apple despite being in profit this couple of years from MP3 and other etc, still losing its shrinking market percentage of PC market. The 'Switch' have not been turning much the other 90% of the PC market into embracing Mac......

Can't agree with that, cost Apple despite being in profit this couple of years from MP3 and other etc, still losing its shrinking market percentage of PC market. The 'Switch' have not been turning much the other 90% of the PC market into embracing Mac......

Although the mac is not the market leader for pcs it IS gaining ground against the pc...and if you've kept up with the Apple financial reports you'll see that Apple is healthy and profitable. so that's what matters.

Although the mac is not the market leader for pcs it IS gaining ground against the pc...and if you've kept up with the Apple financial reports you'll see that Apple is healthy and profitable. so that's what matters.
Healthy because most of the profit came from mp3 player and iTune sales. If you look at the computer sale, they have just as much growth as Dell themselves as the market grows. In percentage terms, still the same. Mac user are snapping up new Macs but they are not converting new PC users.

Healthy because most of the profit came from mp3 player and iTune sales. If you look at the computer sale, they have just as much growth as Dell themselves as the market grows. In percentage terms, still the same. Mac user are snapping up new Macs but they are not converting new PC users.

yes they are. Macs are now around more than they've been 20 years ago. Where are you basing your information from?

Your articles speaks for themselves of Apples's market share. Compare it to the golden age of Apple in the 80s. Apples's market share is less than 10%. Btw, sales improvement have little to do with converting the majority of the PC users.

Your articles speaks for themselves of Apples's market share. Compare it to the golden age of Apple in the 80s. Apples's market share is less than 10%. Btw, sales improvement have little to do with converting the majority of the PC users.

but remember one thing the base amount of pc users back then was waaay smaller than today. How about you produce some articles to back up your claims like i did and i'll take a look at them just as you did with me? Also your arguement about conversion can also be applied to what is happening the the Wii as well.

I thought the X-Fi soundcards are quite easy on the ears. Very good sound, regardless of what you plug in. I plug in the Logitech X230 and it sound good. I have the Platinum version of the card, so I have a front plate that I plug in by Sennheiser HD580. Even that sounds not too bad, with good sound staging and very smooth. It's a good product, and very easy on my ears.

But with audio products, it's a bit subjective. But low harmonic distortions, dynamic range, etc... they translate to higher fidelity... which is a good thing. The other thing would be whether they actually sound enjoyable... which really depends on what you pair the devices with... and what kind of setting you set in the media centre. It can be tweaked to your liking, which is a good thing.

824defa9.jpg

i have this which i bought for usd $60, as i am using a lappy

i've tried prodding my klipschs into them, but most of the time i use my IEMs on them, to my dismay that my iems pick up a certain amount of background hiss/noise? and with the crystalizer thing on, off, at different levels, i couldnt get what i want, there's just no kick from the music.. its just as flat, and balanced. and when i flick on the x-fi cmss 3d thingey, the highs get muffled, everything gets a little veiled. amd here i am spending a couple of hours experimenting with differnt levels of this and differnt levels of that.. to eventually settle down with using both functions on OFF?

i might just be happy if the soundcard alone, without the crystalizer thingey, and the 3d thingey, to sound good enough.. do consumers really want an artificial thin sounding 3d output? or a sound that resembles an oversharpened picture where little unnecessary details?

high fidelity is not about artificially enhancing the sound, but being able to replicate what's true to the recording, sonically accurate, and with a good amount of timbre.

its pretty easy for me to say yes to music, when its good, just like a friend's cheap setup, of an old discman with line-out into a ray sam's headamp, clean, darkbackgrounds, pure musical juice.

but everything is subjective i suppose? i guess some people really love the crystalizer/3d cmss function.. so.. dont kill me over my opinion

but remember one thing the base amount of pc users back then was waaay smaller than today. How about you produce some articles to back up your claims like i did and i'll take a look at them just as you did with me? Also your arguement about conversion can also be applied to what is happening the the Wii as well.
Heheheh, I can't, but neither can you. The market is a collective user gaining in numbers, thus not all gain at the same time..... ;)

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Home/D579148C-8563-4FFB-8E97-C2613215F98E.html
here's a really good one:
In 1980, Gartner reported Apple's worldwide share of the computer market at 15.8%. In 1996, they reported Apple's share as 4.6%. Last year, they reported Apple's market share at 2.2%. From those numbers, it would appear that Apple once owned vast control over in the PC world, and has been slipping ever since into a pit of irrelevance. That's the story FUD sprayers like to relate anyway. However, those numbers don't tell a very useful story without some considering their context.

In the ten years following Windows 95's release, the Mac market share appeared to wilt from 5% to 2%, but those numbers similarly betray reality without considering some context. Apple is quite obviously doing better today, and has a brighter outlook for the future than they had in 1996, when they were at their lowest point of operational, technical, and strategic failure ever. How is it possible they now have less than half of their 1996 market share?

Prior to 1996, the PC market had already grown to include many market segments that had little to do with Apple, as noted above. So while their overall share of the PC market is useful in comparing Apple's performance to IBM, Dell, or Compaq, it is not material in considering the value or utility of Apple's product or platform.

If Apple had tried to build Windows PCs, or to compete against Windows as an operating system on PC hardware, those overall PC market share numbers would be very relevant, but Apple didn't. Here's why.

Microsoft managed, with some difficulty, to migrate DOS users to Windows in the second half of the 90's by tightly bundling DOS into Windows 95. That killed off any competition from alternative versions of DOS, while also making it no more expensive to run Windows 95: it was free with every new PC.

This is another example of Microsoft using exclusive software bundling to cheat the market, by wielding price as a competitive weapon against commercial alternatives without actually lowering their own prices. This is exactly the type of monopoly the US had a history of battling, but Microsoft managed to evade the enforcement of laws against predatory pricing until their position was so absolute that no competitors could effectively enter the market.

So not only had the hardware side of the PC market grown to encompass areas far beyond the market Apple was competing in, but the software side of the PC market had entirely failed to operate as a free market. The failure of the US Department of Justice to uphold the law had served to effectively turn Windows, the software side of the PC market, into a government sponsored monopoly.

A monopoly is not just high market share, but rather an exclusive position with the ability manipulate the market to prevent the natural balance created by competition. By killing the markets for DOS and Windows alternatives, Microsoft continued to enjoy fat profits without having to lower their software prices: there were no competitors!

Low cost PC hardware tied to an expensive Windows software license created a closed market where demand for alternatives to Microsoft's software was suppressed by price dumping: potential competitors were competing against what appeared to be a free product.

The next time you hear market share numbers being thrown around, consider the context. Numbers don't speak for themselves, they require critical interpretation. Next up: more nails in the coffin of the Apple Market Share Myth: slippery numbers, quality vs. quantity, definitions of the market, and a closer look at iPod market share: Market Share Myth: Nailed!

Apple Computers to rename itself to Apple Inc (Jan 2007)
- Because Steve Jobs felt that the company name no longer reflects the products it offers
- Apple Inc Has a long tradition of emphasizing user experiences than the technology delivering that experience
- Apple transcends as lifestyle brand; Retail strategy, design, PR and hip ads combine to create army of evangelists.(Special Report: Marketer of the Year) http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/summary_0199-1217969_ITM

Guardian interview Sept 22th 2005 with steve jobs

“At the centre of it all, Apple is now a lifestyle brand, rather than a technology company.”
“Jobs's targets are busy, modern consumers; "people who don't want to read manuals, people who live very busy lives".”

-------------------------------------------------------
Creative

"The MP3 war has started and I am the one who has declared war" - Sim Wong Hoo

“Today, Creative is widely recognized as a global leader for product innovation in the audio and PDE segments, offering PC users a complete, high quality digital entertainment experience through Creative's hardware, software applications and services. Finding the perfect balance between form and function, Creative strives for every product to be a sensory feast for the eyes and ears.”

“Moving forward, Creative's mission is to expand our leadership role in the lifestyle Personal Digital Entertainment market, using innovative technology, broadband and leading-edge designs for not just the technically progressive consumers, but for everyone who enjoys entertainment. With strong focus on our user friendly interface, multiple features and cool industrial designs, the Creative brand is synonymous with lifestyle Personal Digital Entertainment.”

Heheheh, I can't, but neither can you. The market is a collective user gaining in numbers, thus not all gain at the same time..... ;)

at least look for some links la its interesting to read up on this...can find out infor for stock investment ;)

Apple Computers to rename itself to Apple Inc (Jan 2007)
- Because Steve Jobs felt that the company name no longer reflects the products it offers
- Apple Inc Has a long tradition of emphasizing user experiences than the technology delivering that experience
- Apple transcends as lifestyle brand; Retail strategy, design, PR and hip ads combine to create army of evangelists.(Special Report: Marketer of the Year) http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/summary_0199-1217969_ITM

Guardian interview Sept 22th 2005 with steve jobs

“At the centre of it all, Apple is now a lifestyle brand, rather than a technology company.”
“Jobs's targets are busy, modern consumers; "people who don't want to read manuals, people who live very busy lives".”

-------------------------------------------------------
Creative

"The MP3 war has started and I am the one who has declared war" - Sim Wong Hoo

“Today, Creative is widely recognized as a global leader for product innovation in the audio and PDE segments, offering PC users a complete, high quality digital entertainment experience through Creative's hardware, software applications and services. Finding the perfect balance between form and function, Creative strives for every product to be a sensory feast for the eyes and ears.”

“Moving forward, Creative's mission is to expand our leadership role in the lifestyle Personal Digital Entertainment market, using innovative technology, broadband and leading-edge designs for not just the technically progressive consumers, but for everyone who enjoys entertainment. With strong focus on our user friendly interface, multiple features and cool industrial designs, the Creative brand is synonymous with lifestyle Personal Digital Entertainment.”

Makes sense for apple to make the name switch...let's see if Creative's direction can help with its woes.

Yuh, it's quite amusing that the locals do not support local products, pretty sure a lot of people would rather go for Apple, some of the threads I've seen discussing Apple versus Creative seem to always side Apple rather heavily, hehehe.

i suppose you buy akira tv instead of the sony, samsung, panasonic, etc ;p

Apple sells a way of life, a lifestyle. Creative sells soundcards and media players, period.

I dun have the stat but by observation, more and more people around me using Mac. Last time in school all using Windows, now got a few converting from PC to MacBook. Just go into any poly, you can easily see students using MacBook, last time very rarely do you see students using Mac notebooks.

For me, when I save enough, I am getting a MacBook Pro. I am just another PC user convert to Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.