Creative .... which way u'r goin...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, Creative has always been up and down like a yoyo, if you follow its history.

But somehow Uncle Sim has managed to pull his company out of the doldrums, hehehe.

I think they're a good company though, just that need to be more aggressive with regards to advertising; Apple is OVERHYPED, seriously. Creative has quite a number of good products, but let down by little small things, and frankly everyone is too bought over by the Apple campaign, shouldn't have challenged it head-on.

Er, Creative has always been up and down like a yoyo, if you follow its history.

But somehow Uncle Sim has managed to pull his company out of the doldrums, hehehe.

I think they're a good company though, just that need to be more aggressive with regards to advertising; Apple is OVERHYPED, seriously. Creative has quite a number of good products, but let down by little small things, and frankly everyone is too bought over by the Apple campaign, shouldn't have challenged it head-on.

Just shows that Apple has better marketing research and execution.

apple survives on marketing products as a lifestyle, and that our generation is more prone to adopting an idealized "lifestyle" than the prev gens

creative suffers from severe marketing myopia, i.e overly focused on product, specifications. performance etc, without focusing much on the marketing.

all consumers need, is just... music to accompany one on the go, not a super high tech gadget with everything inside that's not always in use either.

there's also a problem with price and quality ratio, where higher specifications, more memory, more features go for cheaper than apple's products, in a consumer point of view, how much would the quality be then?

there's also a problem with price and quality ratio, where higher specifications, more memory, more features go for cheaper than apple's products, in a consumer point of view, how much would the quality be then?

QC wise both are equally erratic, based on what I've seen.

But then if the consumer thinks in the above manner, then the consumer is sorely mistaken, Apple's advertising antics cost money you know, which they then pass on to the consumer.

That's like me putting up 800 adverts large-scale, and selling say, a China-made digital camera with sucky sensor for $8 million. Of course that's an extreme example but you get the idea.

More Jedi mind tricks, pahhhh.

I'm anti-Apple! <3

Its not Jedi mind tricks la if that's the case then GM and Fix.Or.Repair.Daily (FORD) will still be global market leaders in the auto industry and not lose ground to Toyota. Psychobiologist provided excellent evidence against creative, they're more concerned with telling the market that it is high tech stuff that they want, not the user friendly stuff that Apple puts out.

QC wise both are equally erratic, based on what I've seen.

But then if the consumer thinks in the above manner, then the consumer is sorely mistaken, Apple's advertising antics cost money you know, which they then pass on to the consumer.

That's like me putting up 800 adverts large-scale, and selling say, a China-made digital camera with sucky sensor for $8 million. Of course that's an extreme example but you get the idea.

yes but apple's ads aren't as expensive as other corps are such as Nike. Plus Apple is good at using viral campaigns and word of mouth...just look at the the Iphone.

Its not Jedi mind tricks la if that's the case then GM and Fix.Or.Repair.Daily (FORD) will still be global market leaders in the auto industry and not lose ground to Toyota. Psychobiologist provided excellent evidence against creative, they're more concerned with telling the market that it is high tech stuff that they want, not the user friendly stuff that Apple puts out.

Well yeah, that's their downfall. Apple's overpriced to me, though. And there -are- other brands out there, heh. Sansa's MP3 players are very decent too, as are Meizu's, and they cost much less when you take tech specs into consideration.

Well yeah, that's their downfall. Apple's overpriced to me, though. And there -are- other brands out there, heh. Sansa's MP3 players are very decent too, as are Meizu's, and they cost much less when you take tech specs into consideration.

of course la most of the time the market leader is the one who can set the price because of various economy advantages...the ones you mentioned a small fry who enter the market late and try to get a piece of the pie themselves by other means.

They should continue to focus on their strong points - sound cards. But for mp3 products, if i remember correctly, they are the early adopters of manufacturing mp3 player even before Apple did. Creative has the technology, but lost to apple in terms of product design. It's quite difficult for them to compete with Apple as they have evolved into another area of business with their products - A provider of Life Style products, something that Creative is really having a tough time replicating.

Another area that i don't see them doing in large scale is providing sound chipset solution to OEM or ODM manufactures. Not too sure if it has something to do with the pricing of their chipsets.

Maybe Creative should consider venturing into the professional sound business with their sound cards or produce sound products for the professional arena.

It is not easy to have a product that is considered a benchmark product in a particular industry. I think we should all continue to give our support to Creative. I still have and continue to use their Soundworks 2.1 speaker and Sound Blaster live sound card even when my motherboard already comes with an onboard sound card.

Yuh, it's quite amusing that the locals do not support local products, pretty sure a lot of people would rather go for Apple, some of the threads I've seen discussing Apple versus Creative seem to always side Apple rather heavily, hehehe.

well the analysis can go even deeper into the consumers/market, on which group/population segment would have the most tendencies to buy an mp3 player, not the old men of the babyboomer period, minority gen X individuals who are more family type of people right now, but most prob the bulk would be from gen Y. individuals between '77 to '94, 13 to 30 years old.

and for Gen Y, if you check on ac nelson and other databases there are actually characteristics studied and defined on this generation itself, and their tendencies to be more concerned abt experiences, life-style, etc where by marketing, carried out correctly on them, would yield excellent results.

i dont use much of a single apple product, but i've never been pleased/delighted by creative ones either. perhaps its my ears, but when i had a creative mp3 player, and currently have a creative x-fi soundcard, i dont like the sound from them? perhaps the quality is not up to my preference. so it brings everything to a question, when a product like that is developed, do they design it in a way with the customer in mind on what they like, something easy on the ears, etc, versus designing a product technically, with low harmonic distortions, dynamic range etc?

well the analysis can go even deeper into the consumers/market, on which group/population segment would have the most tendencies to buy an mp3 player, not the old men of the babyboomer period, minority gen X individuals who are more family type of people right now, but most prob the bulk would be from gen Y. individuals between '77 to '94, 13 to 30 years old.

and for Gen Y, if you check on ac nelson and other databases there are actually characteristics studied and defined on this generation itself, and their tendencies to be more concerned abt experiences, life-style, etc where by marketing, carried out correctly on them, would yield excellent results.

i dont use much of a single apple product, but i've never been pleased/delighted by creative ones either. perhaps its my ears, but when i had a creative mp3 player, and currently have a creative x-fi soundcard, i dont like the sound from them? perhaps the quality is not up to my preference. so it brings everything to a question, when a product like that is developed, do they design it in a way with the customer in mind on what they like, something easy on the ears, etc, versus designing a product technically, with low harmonic distortions, dynamic range etc?

hey are you in marketing?

o ok you seemed quite savy in marketing that's why i asked.
hehe. but i did a course on marketing before. quite familiar with it.

sometimes i wonder if i made the wrong choice in uni, sciences was what i was always best and most competent at, but socio/psychology was what i was truly curious about, and business/marketing was what i enjoyed the most. :bigeyes:

hehe. but i did a course on marketing before. quite familiar with it.

sometimes i wonder if i made the wrong choice in uni, sciences was what i was always best and most competent at, but socio/psychology was what i was truly curious about, and business/marketing was what i enjoyed the most. :bigeyes:

same here. Cool thing about it is that it incorporates alot of knowledge of the social and even practical sciences...a fact that not many people know.

I thought the X-Fi soundcards are quite easy on the ears. Very good sound, regardless of what you plug in. I plug in the Logitech X230 and it sound good. I have the Platinum version of the card, so I have a front plate that I plug in by Sennheiser HD580. Even that sounds not too bad, with good sound staging and very smooth. It's a good product, and very easy on my ears.

But with audio products, it's a bit subjective. But low harmonic distortions, dynamic range, etc... they translate to higher fidelity... which is a good thing. The other thing would be whether they actually sound enjoyable... which really depends on what you pair the devices with... and what kind of setting you set in the media centre. It can be tweaked to your liking, which is a good thing.

there is psp , gambeboy.

may be creative can come up with a hand held that complements xbox360 games .

Status
Not open for further replies.