ClubSNAP Photography Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyder_Web said:
Darren, what does it mean by the theme "dreamscape"....????
Me very not sure......
We do not have a set criteria of what constitutes a dreamscape - the traditional view is that of a hazy, landscape with subjects floating about, very pastelly and such - but there's nothing to stop you from making an image of a stark, desolate wasteland and labelling it as "Dreamscape - My Nightmare".

Its all open to interpretation, and the description of the image will help a lot to explain the thoughts that went into the image.

Hi everyone I am trying to e-mail to the mention address (contest@clubsnap.org) by cannot get thought.Can someone help me out?

Regards

Im confuse :dunno:

1. Contest will run for 6 weeks starting from 14th June to 8th August 2004, and will be divided into bi-weekly themes for submission purposes.
Theme 1 :: Rush Hour :: June 28th - July 11th
Theme 2 :: Movement :: July 12th - July 25th
Theme 3 :: Dreamscapes :: July 26th - August 8th

2.1 Entries for each theme must be received no later than midnight on the last day of the theme (eg. Rush Hour entries by midnight June 27th; Movement entries by midnight July 11th; Dreamscape entries by midnight July 25th) according to date/time stamp of email.

Under 2.1
It give an example stated that for theme 1. entries must be received by midnight June 27th.

But under 1
It stated the time to submit is within June 27th - July 11th. Therefore, does it mean that the due date is midnight July 11th instead of midnight June 27th?

Please answer my Qns as tonight is June 27th!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

skyline_impreza said:
Im confuse :dunno:

1. Contest will run for 6 weeks starting from 14th June to 8th August 2004, and will be divided into bi-weekly themes for submission purposes.
Theme 1 :: Rush Hour :: June 28th - July 11th
Theme 2 :: Movement :: July 12th - July 25th
Theme 3 :: Dreamscapes :: July 26th - August 8th

2.1 Entries for each theme must be received no later than midnight on the last day of the theme (eg. Rush Hour entries by midnight June 27th; Movement entries by midnight July 11th; Dreamscape entries by midnight July 25th) according to date/time stamp of email.

Under 2.1
It give an example stated that for theme 1. entries must be received by midnight June 27th.

But under 1
It stated the time to submit is within June 27th - July 11th. Therefore, does it mean that the due date is midnight July 11th instead of midnight June 27th?

Please answer my Qns as tonight is June 27th!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
My mistake.

Para 2.1 should read as follows :-

2.1 Entries for each theme must be received no later than midnight on the last day of the theme (eg. Rush Hour entries by midnight July 11th; Movement entries by midnight July 25th; Dreamscape entries by midnight August 8th) according to date/time stamp of email.

Today is the start date for entries with Rush Hour theme and closing date for this theme is July 11th.

Darren said:
We do not have a set criteria of what constitutes a dreamscape - the traditional view is that of a hazy, landscape with subjects floating about, very pastelly and such - but there's nothing to stop you from making an image of a stark, desolate wasteland and labelling it as "Dreamscape - My Nightmare".

Its all open to interpretation, and the description of the image will help a lot to explain the thoughts that went into the image.

Thanks...got what u meant.....

Darren said:
My mistake.

Para 2.1 should read as follows :-

2.1 Entries for each theme must be received no later than midnight on the last day of the theme (eg. Rush Hour entries by midnight July 11th; Movement entries by midnight July 25th; Dreamscape entries by midnight August 8th) according to date/time stamp of email.

Today is the start date for entries with Rush Hour theme and closing date for this theme is July 11th.

Must take part all the theme?

To answer both Kit and Tupi Guy's questions - submitting an image for all three themes will increase your chances of getting more points.

Eg.
Person A submits 2 images only, but he scores quite well, say 9pts and 9pts for each. Total 18 pts.
Person B submits 3 images, but he only scores above average, say, 7pts, 7pts and 6pts. Total 20pts.

Who wins? Person B - because his total # of points is more than Person A.

If Person A had submitted one more image, and even if that image had gotten average points - 3 or 4 pts - then the results are reversed.

So, its better to submit 3 images where maybe 2 are strong and 1 is so-so; rather than just 2 images.

Darren said:
To answer both Kit and Tupi Guy's questions - submitting an image for all three themes will increase your chances of getting more points.

Eg.
Person A submits 2 images only, but he scores quite well, say 9pts and 9pts for each. Total 18 pts.
Person B submits 3 images, but he only scores above average, say, 7pts, 7pts and 6pts. Total 20pts.

Who wins? Person B - because his total # of points is more than Person A.

If Person A had submitted one more image, and even if that image had gotten average points - 3 or 4 pts - then the results are reversed.

So, its better to submit 3 images where maybe 2 are strong and 1 is so-so; rather than just 2 images.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply. At first, i thought it one theme one winner. :D

So it a over all winner, rite?

Reminder to keep sending those images for Rush Hour in. Will be posting the latest batch of entries today or tomorrow.

Closing date for Rush Hour theme is this SUNDAY

Darren, Just a suggestion. All entry photos shouldn't be reviewed to the public until closing date. This is to avoid copying of idea or even same or better image at the same location, to be fair to those who submitted their photos earlier.

I second Kho King's suggestion... Else, you may just end up with similiar looking pics and that's when the catfights will start...

Cheers!

Kho King's and Iceman27 suggestions noted. I will only post the rest of the pictures once the Rush Hour theme is closed.

Hi Admin,
Hi just curious, can the photos submitted be used for other competition in future or can photos already submitted for other competition prior to this be used for this competition?

Actually I don't agree with Kho King and Iceman's idea, ideas and technique of a picture may be copy. However, in this world, we cannot capture the exact picture. Im talking about things like angle, exposure and alot more.

I wouldn't be angry of people copying my idea, I just don't like people taking my own pictures. I believe alot more people think the same.

Just wanna share my feelings. :)

hi...
opps... i just posted my entry a few minutes before 12... hope its not too late... but realise my stupid nus email account got some problems :cry: .... wondering if my picture is sent..... :confused:
how huh??? :(
sunnie

Status
Not open for further replies.