ClubSNAP Photography Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren said:
To answer both Kit and Tupi Guy's questions - submitting an image for all three themes will increase your chances of getting more points.

Eg.
Person A submits 2 images only, but he scores quite well, say 9pts and 9pts for each. Total 18 pts.
Person B submits 3 images, but he only scores above average, say, 7pts, 7pts and 6pts. Total 20pts.

Who wins? Person B - because his total # of points is more than Person A.

If Person A had submitted one more image, and even if that image had gotten average points - 3 or 4 pts - then the results are reversed.

So, its better to submit 3 images where maybe 2 are strong and 1 is so-so; rather than just 2 images.

Ermm.. i think what he is trying to ask is, if its possible to send in one particular image, which happen to fit the theme of two categories and submit it for both sections. Of course for the third theme, he gotta get another image.

Hi Admin,
Hi just curious, can the photos submitted be used for other competition in future or can photos already submitted for other competition prior to this be used for this competition?

Please start submitting the images for Theme 2 - Movement

Images from Theme 1 will be posted soon.

betazone said:
Hi Admin,
Hi just curious, can the photos submitted be used for other competition in future or can photos already submitted for other competition prior to this be used for this competition?
The photos/images are your copyright, so you can re-use them again any way you want.

If we want to use your images in ClubSNAP, we will ask for permission/rights.

Darren,
Another suggestion. Possible to set the email at contest Clubsnap to auto send a reply to those who email/submit to the contest? This is just to assure that the pic has successfully reach CS email account.

Darren said:

Has images from theme 1 been posted? Cant wait to see them. :)

bLight said:
Has images from theme 1 been posted? Cant wait to see them. :)

Me too. Actually I prefer a daily update of photos. Can dun wait till of contest then upload? Too many to digest and it will get very bored.

Darren said:

Hi Darren ,

Can we see other who send for the theme RUSH HOURS.

Regards

Sorry sorry ... received a large flurry of entries on the last day ... more than 70 ... and I am working through cataloging and renaming and downloading all the pictures.

Promise to have them up latest by this weekend.

Just a reminder. Closing date for Theme 2 is this Sunday, 25th July.

I am waaaaaaaay behind on posting the pictures but working overtime to get them up. Apologies to all who sent their entries in and expecting to see them online. Will work on an automated system for future.

so those on the page were all the entries tt was entered??? how do we know who got how many points??

Darren said:
Finally managed to update all the entries for Rush Hour and will be getting down to work on the Movement entries.

View the entries for Rush Hour here - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=81732

Hi Darren,
Really appreciate your work here, keep it up!
Don't be disheartened by remarks fr ppl who don't understand.
;)

Darren said:
Finally managed to update all the entries for Rush Hour and will be getting down to work on the Movement entries.

View the entries for Rush Hour here - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=81732

Thanks for ur effort, but you might want to put up the scoring system as well? So we might try chasing each other with the points system ;)

Thank you for the time and effort to put on the pictures.

skyline_impreza said:
Good work Darren....
btw, is it possible to add the nick of the owner of the pictures?
The entries are to be kept anonymous (only I know) during the judging process to prevent abuse.

I can update the thread with the names after the winner has been announced.

y0ngcheng said:
Thanks for ur effort, but you might want to put up the scoring system as well? So we might try chasing each other with the points system ;)
Will look into that. The judging and awarding of points has not started yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.