Canon service center

Status
Not open for further replies.
find its way back right after cleaning? how unfortunate of me :(

would you pay for a service that wasn't done properly?

just pay up n need not be too anal about it lor... if there's a significantly cleaner sensor after paying 20-something bucks, it should be good enuf...

imagine the SC samula the cleaning for u for umpteenth times, how much time is wasted in waiting for them to re-do? :dunno:

anyway like wad the bros said diy cleaning is not that difficult at all, a steady pair of hands n common-sense n reading up the copperhill website shd be sufficent to give a spotless sensor. ;p

viewfinder AND picture?

then its not a sensor problem wah.

just got back from keppel bay tower, sent my camera for sensor cleaning.

before going down, i called their service hot-line and inquired about the cleaning. the person just told me to go down and take a queue number. i mentioned that i had warranty.

upon reaching there, i was told that sensor cleaning is not included in the warranty and had to pay additional charges. so i paid.

after an hour, i went back to collect my camera. i went out of the building to take a pic of the sky and found that there were still dust looking through the viewfinder as well as on the picture i took.

i went back up and showed them the picture, and they went to clean it again..

after 10 mins, i got back my camera. however, it was still not cleaned properly. i gave it back to them for 3rd cleaning.

den.. after 10 mins, they gave me back but still the dust were still there.

after the 5th cleaning, with the dust still in there, they told me the dust was stuck on the low-pass filter and the body needs to be disassembled to get rid of the dust. they would do it for free since it is still under warranty.

now, the thing is, could the dust be stuck there caused by canon staff? and if after i collect again and the dust still there, would this be considered that they did not accomplish their service and i should not have been charged..

thanks for reading the chunk of words. haha ;)

just pay up n need not be too anal about it lor... if there's a significantly cleaner sensor after paying 20-something bucks, it should be good enuf...

imagine the SC samula the cleaning for u for umpteenth times, how much time is wasted in waiting for them to re-do?

anyway like wad the bros said diy cleaning is not that difficult at all, a steady pair of hands n common-sense n reading up the copperhill website shd be sufficent to give a spotless sensor.

judging from your words, you seem to be very easily contented yea. ;)

there wasn't a significantly cleaner sensor, i'm very free so i don't considered my time wasted. :bigeyes:

if there is an option for professionals to clean the sensor, why not? :dunno::bsmilie:

I always do my sensor cleaning by myself but there was this once on a 1000D, a stubborn dust particle was on e sensor. No amount of Eclipse + Swab will work. One trip down to CSC and they got it off. :)

Anyway if there's dust when viewing from the viewfinder, it should be on the focusing screen or AF super-imposed display. You can't spot a dust on the low-pass filter from your viewfinder.

I always do my sensor cleaning by myself but there was this once on a 1000D, a stubborn dust particle was on e sensor. No amount of Eclipse + Swab will work. One trip down to CSC and they got it off. :)

Anyway if there's dust when viewing from the viewfinder, it should be on the focusing screen or AF super-imposed display. You can't spot a dust on the low-pass filter from your viewfinder.

the staff told me about the low-pass filter thing :dunno:

still waiting for the sms to collect.

Just checked the repair status at canon site.

the number of days i was told that would take to service my cam was 5 working days,sent on 7 dec 09. but i checked the canon site and it said date of completion is 21 dec 09.

woohoo.

:think:

yea they say got dust go inside the low-pass filter.

Inside the Low Pass Filter? You mean in between the Low Pass Filter and the Sensor? LMAO:bsmilie: There's absolutely no gap between the Low Pass Filter and the Sensor. If there is really a dust spec between the LPF and the Sensor, it must be there ever since the camera was assembled or disassembled :p

Just checked the repair status at canon site.

the number of days i was told that would take to service my cam was 5 working days,sent on 7 dec 09. but i checked the canon site and it said date of completion is 21 dec 09.

woohoo.

:think:
Don't be bothered with the days quoted or the online site, just give them a call and check it out as they tend not to keep their site updated. I've called them up quite a few times even before my collection date and it was ready for collection when I called.

Inside the Low Pass Filter? You mean in between the Low Pass Filter and the Sensor? LMAO:bsmilie: There's absolutely no gap between the Low Pass Filter and the Sensor. If there is really a dust spec between the LPF and the Sensor, it must be there ever since the camera was assembled or disassembled :p

:dunno: was told by the staff :bsmilie:

Don't be bothered with the days quoted or the online site, just give them a call and check it out as they tend not to keep their site updated. I've called them up quite a few times even before my collection date and it was ready for collection when I called.

ok :D will call them soon.

hey guys how much would it cost to do a sensor cleaning?

Sensor cleaning is about $21~ and its not covered under warranty. Just to be fair if you rarely shoot at F22 why check for dust at F22? doesnt make sense. 2ndly i don't think they do the cleaning in clean room environment.

Actually is VERY EASY to clean sensor DIY.

Also very fast macam can take less than 1 minute cos you don't want to prolong the process anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.