Canon EOS 450D Club - GED - III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy was telling me he said, 5D mark II was cheap....LOL...so i don't think the Raynox is much to him. Might just get a 100mm or 180mm instead of Raynox

GMAN

it is cheap.

hi guys, am back! :p

wanna ask for advice, i'm going have a photomarathon in my comp dept this friday @ botanical garden in the afternoon (2-5pm).

when you think botanical gdns, what lens do you all usually take with you? say u have a UWA, Street range lens, long tele.

not sure if my UWA can play a part here. wanna get some advice from u guys who are more experienced.

currently having the, kit, 10-22, 50mm. if i wanna take flower, plants shots, which is my better saving lens?? or would a 55-250 help more in this situtation?

thanks guys!
Typically your kit lens with 55-250mm would be more than enough.

OT: Anyone been to Marina Barrage today to SSS? ;)

10 - 22 and 55 - 250 + Raynox 250. ( if you dont have one can get from Jlkk)

need more reading up on the raynox 250 then! :thumbsup: thx!

I don't think you should regard your 10-22mm as a waste. Infact save up more and aim for a 24-105 f4L lens. These make a wonderful pair. What lenses do you have?

GMAN

Oh....she? Haha...good to have female photographers. I think Jimmy will like. Haha!!!!

Well, Xhui22, use your kit lens for the flowers. And if there's a large bunch of flowers, use your wide angle 10-22mm lens. Are you 22 and is your name Xin Hui? Haha

GMAN

yeah hi there ninja *wave* ya ya, gal here, still lots to learn from my gears and techniques! was browsing this thread and saw u guys seemed friendly enuff not to blast me for noob qns :sweat:

and nope, not 22 and not called xinhui. haa. aiyah, i need a new nick. :bsmilie:

Jimmy was telling me he said, 5D mark II was cheap....LOL...so i don't think the Raynox is much to him. Might just get a 100mm or 180mm instead of Raynox

GMAN

If possible, get EF 180mm f/3.5 L Macro. ;)

Typically your kit lens with 55-250mm would be more than enough.

OT: Anyone been to Marina Barrage today to SSS? ;)

heh interesting to see different views on types of lens and range that was recommended. good to see variety while i figure which to go with. (tho if the 55-250 i'll need to get em soon haa)

need more reading up on the raynox 250 then! :thumbsup: thx!

yeah hi there ninja *wave* ya ya, gal here, still lots to learn from my gears and techniques! was browsing this thread and saw u guys seemed friendly enuff not to blast me for noob qns :sweat:

and nope, not 22 and not called xinhui. haa. aiyah, i need a new nick. :bsmilie:
Well, i certainly won't blast at you or anyone. If you look through my threads, i'm more of a joker. Haha....you can ask anything over here. Do check out the Pictures thread too. It's a sticky! And my guess is off. How old are you. I'm 18....youngest here is 16 i believe.

GMAN

Last edited:
heh interesting to see different views on types of lens and range that was recommended. good to see variety while i figure which to go with. (tho if the 55-250 i'll need to get em soon haa)
Got alot of cash in hand? Spare me some. Haha!!!

GMAN

In terms of affordability, 55-250mm is within most people's budget. Well fitted for its price though. ;)

I tried taking shots of water lilly (@ 200mm) at SBG and it turns out to be quite good. :)

hi guys, am back! :p

wanna ask for advice, i'm going have a photomarathon in my comp dept this friday @ botanical garden in the afternoon (2-5pm).

when you think botanical gdns, what lens do you all usually take with you? say u have a UWA, Street range lens, long tele.

not sure if my UWA can play a part here. wanna get some advice from u guys who are more experienced.

currently having the, kit, 10-22, 50mm. if i wanna take flower, plants shots, which is my better saving lens?? or would a 55-250 help more in this situtation?

thanks guys!

Hi xhui,

I have been to Botanical Gardens a couple of times to take photographs. It has a lot of stuffs to take. 2-5pm is not a long time. I basically took the whole morning just to capture sun birds.

So you need to focus on what you want to take. Since you have a UWA, You can use it to take the landscape. Capture the afternoon mood there.

You can try walking around and taking pictures of the lakes there using 10-22mm. 50MM comes in handy when you specifically want to just to take flowers.

H

Not for me bro. I was mentioning the guy who bought the raynox. Since he could afford 5D Mark II, get a proper macro lens.

GMAN

Yeah, I know. ;p

Got alot of cash in hand? Spare me some. Haha!!!

GMAN

haa. dont likdat laaa. i'm still trying to accept i'll USE my UWA lens leh. (heart pain for the $ plonked down)

In terms of affordability, 55-250mm is within most people's budget. Well fitted for its price though. ;)

I tried taking shots of water lilly (@ 200mm) at SBG and it turns out to be quite good. :)

yeap, i can probably go with water and bread for a while for the 55-250's price! gd to hear the 200 range is gd! i was at SBG few weeks ago, haiyo, only kit on hand, other then some flower shots, can't capture anything on the waters, water ducks, plants, swans (have but i was lucky as they swam really close to the bridge i was standing on)..

decisions decisions decisions! :sweat:

GMAN

You should see Raynox and macro lens together. super imba.

Last edited:
haa. dont likdat laaa. i'm still trying to accept i'll USE my UWA lens leh. (heart pain for the $ plonked down)

yeap, i can probably go with water and bread for a while for the 55-250's price! gd to hear the 200 range is gd! i was at SBG few weeks ago, haiyo, only kit on hand, other then some flower shots, can't capture anything on the waters, water ducks, plants, swans (have but i was lucky as they swam really close to the bridge i was standing on)..

I can trade my 55-250mm with your 10-22mm...hehehehe...

GMAN

How the Phottix Battery Grip BP-450D run? I with run with what kind of battery? It could run on LP-E5 battery(how many) and 6 AA? Or actually either 1?

I just got it from ShutterCentral today. Fixed and used it over family dinner at ECP.

Great handling and gives me more grip. It works perfectly fine with one or two original or 3rd party Phottix LP-E5 or 6 AA alkaline batteries.

If fit two LP-E5 together, the power will be transmitted together in parallel. Anyway, I also gotten 2 x Phottix LP-E5. It's now double upon double of power for my 450D. ;)

Last edited:

:bsmilie: I'm using other lens though. But there shouldn't be a problem using that 55-250mm at that range to capture 'em with your camera. My lens maxed out at 200mm and hence gotta make do with it, which fitted the frame nicely. :)

Swans wise, you can always bring along bread or whatever food they like. Stay by the side of the lake and lure them with it. ;) I saw a kid feeding the swans though. :bsmilie:

I just got it from ShutterCentral today. Fixed and used it over family dinner at ECP.

Great handling and gives me more grip. It works perfectly fine with one or two original or 3rd party Phottix LP-E5 or 6 AA alkaline batteries.

If fit two LP-E5 together, the power will be transmitted together in parallel. Anyway, I also gotten 2 x Phottix LP-E5. It's now double upon double of power for my 450D. ;)
The weight is good. I've 2 original batts. Haha.

GMAN

Hi xhui,

I have been to Botanical Gardens a couple of times to take photographs. It has a lot of stuffs to take. 2-5pm is not a long time. I basically took the whole morning just to capture sun birds.

So you need to focus on what you want to take. Since you have a UWA, You can use it to take the landscape. Capture the afternoon mood there.

You can try walking around and taking pictures of the lakes there using 10-22mm. 50MM comes in handy when you specifically want to just to take flowers.

H

hey, thanks for the advices shared here! agree the time there's pretty short, initially was even hesitant to enter the competition as i keep feeling i'll not win anything anyway, w the skills i have now :bsmilie: but was encouraged by friends la, to just go and have fun using my gears.. so i thought, oh why not.

will try to play with my UWA since i just got in and only took it for a run yest. haa, i have a feeling my kit will be in my bag more so now :p

will consider e 55-250 for the shots i missed because of lack of range the last round i was there. hmmm.

thanks for the advices shared!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.