Canon EOS 450D Club - GED - III

Status
Not open for further replies.
sRGB vs Adobe RGB.

I used both and had no preferences. So I want to hear from you guys here? Any preferences?

sRGB vs Adobe RGB.

I used both and had no preferences. So I want to hear from you guys here? Any preferences?

Started off with sRGB and has always been using that. ;)

Jimmy bro is a guy packed with ideas. Without his help, I think yesterday SSS wouldn't be such fun. Anyway, thanks Jimmy for gathering the people via PM. You're one great outing organizer to have. :thumbsup:
Yupp, i agree....a good friend too......Kept teasing me on the darkside. Haha!!!!

GMAN

Any lens i should get next? The idea of getting Nikon D90 is dampening. I wonder seriously will i even get the Camera job with the current situation?

GMAN

wah...xhui22 although u're new but u're like fully geared to take the world liao wor. got flash got BG got lens liao. haiz...i can only slowly build up my gears. ya..hw he noe its a chiong one?

strobes are external flash? or are u referring to those attached to the hot shoe (its called hot shoe rite? haaa)?

seriously u guys just flash at random ppl?? no complains?

oops.. i should really stop oogling at the L idea then. :embrass: erm, i actually took half a year to slowly get these items 1 at a time.. so no hurry, and some i don't mind 3rd parties (aka BG, batteries) or cheap stuffs.. but i needed some coaxing for 3rd party lenses (tho now i think i'll shelf the tammy 17-50 liao since i shld really bring my flash out for some shots) :p

friend knew BG was a 3rd party when he saw "Made in China" and maybe the brand not canon la.

well, i guess it would be gd to have a tripod for landscape or closeup shoot even though it kinda of bulky..:bsmilie:

if u want, i can lend u my 60mm...;p but i think ur kit lens can do just fine lor.

i guess u shld look out more on the composition and lighting....

basically when u reach there, dun hurry urself to get a shot, instead walk round the place and find the swee swee spot.

Would u prefer to take 1000 pics and none of them come out swee swee or take just a few but swee swee pics leh? :) (gosh...i'm actually giving adv liao)

ok, for tripod, that's the ultimate gear to add on to all the other stuffs liao. last when i had only the kit + 50mm, it was pretty ok, but now with the 10-22 + kit + BG.. woah. shoulder ache.. tripod, yeah also encounter same thing when i needed something firm to take my flower shots w my kit last time too! ahhh. ok, photog can get as heavy as it goes!

Last edited:
Any lens i should get next? The idea of getting Nikon D90 is dampening. I wonder seriously will i even get the Camera job with the current situation?

GMAN

Jus KIV that D90 idea. Built your Canon empire. Haha! Get a fast prime or a fast tele depending on what you are shooting. For me, the next lens will be a fast tele. I think the whole of this thread knows what I want. No fun. Haha! ;p

Jus KIV that D90 idea. Built your Canon empire. Haha! Get a fast prime or a fast tele depending on what you are shooting. For me, the next lens will be a fast tele. I think the whole of this thread knows what I want. No fun. Haha! ;p

:bsmilie:

friend knew BG was a 3rd party when he saw "Made in China" and maybe the brand not canon la.

ok, for tripod, that's the ultimate gear to add on to all the other stuffs liao. last when i had only the kit + 50mm, it was pretty ok, but now with the 10-22 + kit + BG.. woah. shoulder ache.. tripod, yeah also encounter same thing when i needed something firm to take my flower shots w my kit last time too! ahhh. ok, photog can get as heavy as it goes!

:bsmilie: FYI, Canon's BG-E5 is also Made In China.

Want light weight? Get Olympus then. :bsmilie: Opps, OT.

oops.. i should really stop oogling at the L idea then. :embrass: erm, i actually took half a year to slowly get these items 1 at a time.. so no hurry, and some i don't mind 3rd parties (aka BG, batteries) or cheap stuffs.. but i needed some coaxing for 3rd party lenses (tho now i think i'll shelf the tammy 17-50 liao since i shld really bring my flash out for some shots) :p

ooh. its a china brand ar? i kinda dont trust them too haa. so chiong one got warranty? can service locally?

ic...i'm slowly building my small empire too.

but u just got ur 55-250 wor. not enuff speed or not enuff range for u?

GMAN

ninja boy...before u wanna buy any stuff..

first u got to look deep into ur pocket first lor. :bsmilie:

for me I can get the MK II if I want lor but my skill suck...

I rather build on my skill n stop thinkin abt crossin over to the darkside. :sticktong

Show us ur work pls......:)

ooh. its a china brand ar? i kinda dont trust them too haa. so chiong one got warranty? can service locally?

ic...i'm slowly building my small empire too.

but u just got ur 55-250 wor. not enuff speed or not enuff range for u?

Phottix BG - I get 6 months warranty from seller.
Original BG - I get none.

I need the range at the moment so the 55-250 is only a temporary lens for me. What I really need is speed and range combined but now not enuff money, therefore I make do with the range 1st.

I rather build on my skill n stop thinkin abt crossin over to the darkside. :sticktong

Bro, your tripod become silkpro brand alrdy ah? ;p

Exchange with me leh. Haha!

I need the range at the moment so the 55-250 is only a temporary lens for me. What I really need is speed and range combined but now not enuff money, therefore I make do with the range 1st.

Don't we all? For me, if I'm gonna replace my 55-250, I'd go straight for the 70-200 f2.8 IS USM. But for now, I want to complete the EF-S trinity so that I at least have more-or-less the complete focal length at my disposal.

OMG...maybe you can buy the 5D Mark II, then i use for you. Haha...you're quite good bro!

GMAN

Don't we all? For me, if I'm gonna replace my 55-250, I'd go straight for the 70-200 f2.8 IS USM. But for now, I want to complete the EF-S trinity so that I at least have more-or-less the complete focal length at my disposal.
When i felt the 70-200mm like no kick. Just smooth that's all. Haha.

GMAN

Phottix BG - I get 6 months warranty from seller.
Original BG - I get none.

ya same for me too. i'm using cheap lens to cover the range 1st.
but i dont intend to go for quality and range together.

i'll most likely go for prime to cover quality. of coz, if u got the bucks, there'll be no prob covering both :D

:bsmilie: FYI, Canon's BG-E5 is also Made In China.

Want light weight? Get Olympus then. :bsmilie: Opps, OT.
Every small thing is made in china. Your strap, your lens caps, maybe your box, manuals, cds, the raw material.....

Made in japan, the camera is made in japan, but the raw materials for the body, may have come from less developed countries. I don't think Japan makes a bulk of their own plastic pellets. Glass is still made in Japan though. Japanese people are extremely fussy and proud of their works. So the sand for the glass must be of best quality. Lenses are still hand made, but the grade goes for different type of lenses.

GMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.