Canon 60D: Homerun or Disappointment?

60D: Home Run or Big Disappoinment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats why i hold on to my 400D like forever...and 7D came as a surprise...but then i still wait...all becos i wanted an articulating screen....its realli super useful...at least minimumly i don need to lie on the floor to shoot some macro!!!

Between the better AF in the 7D vs the articulating screen of the 60D, i'd rather go with the 7D. other than that, the 7D has magnesium body with weather sealing and it has AF micro-adjustment and a whole lot of other custom settings ;p

lack of joystick
miss of AF micro adj
i prefer 7D or keep on my fellow 450D
hehehe

By the way....which Canon DSLR delivers the best video quality? 5D MKII because of its FF sensor?

Personally, I feel the 60D is a very big disappointment. But that's just me. After seeing the specs, my next upgrade will be the 50D.

Personally, I feel the 60D is a very big disappointment. But that's just me. After seeing the specs, my next upgrade will be the 50D.

I agree, if i were to upgrade now, it would be the 50D too.

hahaha, i still remember before 60D come out many forumers predict that that 50D price will plummit so fast, well not with those 60D spec i'm sure now lol :p

haha. i'm using 50D currently, i'm i'm pretty sure that i'm not going to upgrade to 60D.!!! oh gosh. disappointment... get 7D instead.

haha. i'm using 50D currently, i'm i'm pretty sure that i'm not going to upgrade to 60D.!!! oh gosh. disappointment... get 7D instead.

i agree with this ;)
7D or FF would be the next step for me...

totally agree with majority of you.

I was holding back from buying 7d or 5dmii for a month or so, knowing major releases by many manufacturers. so far, nikon's d3100 is not what i want. I was hoping 60d will fit my 'wish-list' but unfortunately, it is not even close to 7d. fair play to canon though, as many said, they wont want 60d to kill off 7d which is only 1 year old.

guess i am back to square one...7d vs 5dmii, cropped vs ff.....
unless of course nikon releases another major player!

totally agree with majority of you.

I was holding back from buying 7d or 5dmii for a month or so, knowing major releases by many manufacturers. so far, nikon's d3100 is not what i want. I was hoping 60d will fit my 'wish-list' but unfortunately, it is not even close to 7d. fair play to canon though, as many said, they wont want 60d to kill off 7d which is only 1 year old.

guess i am back to square one...7d vs 5dmii, cropped vs ff.....
unless of course nikon releases another major player!

the next confirmed model for nikon is D7000, it might compete on the same level of 7D(from the rumored suggested release price doesn't look like same level though), and 5D MK2 it just compete on the higher level, i would certainly go FF from 50D :D

Thanks for the link, can't stop laughing watching it :bigeyes::bsmilie:

Just one question, is plastic that really bad for a camera body? We dun really bump them around the corners of the walls or against hard objects. Seen one of the youtube video that shows someone abusing 400D, and yet the camera can still shoots( okie up to the last abuse) .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1tTBncIsm8

The only disadvantage, i think, is the balance of the camera, when mounting heavy lens, which can be improved by getting a battery grip.

Anyone care to shed some light?

I would have imagined a 7D AF system with Articulated Screen as the next 60D but this is really not that great. Plus a plastic body?? And they removed the flash sync port!? Like I said, the new XXD line has now become an advanced Rebel level camera.:dunno:

Looks like I'll wait out for 7D Mk2. :)

what happened to the guy in Hong Kong, camera in Hong Kong too cheap???

i think the plastic body shouldnt be an issue. the materials they use these days are far more durable and i think its stereotypical to judge the 'plastic' as being weak. in fact, it serves as an advantage for it to be non magnesium, its lighter to carry around..

Status
Not open for further replies.