Canon 5D Mark 3 Poll: Bought or Not

Canon 5D Mark III: Have you bought or not?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i felt 45 point af system is good enough. iso performance is more impt.

you must have not used a 5D2 before.. because a big big improvement to 5D2's AF is what the 5D2 users have always wanted. remove it, and you won't see the success of 5D3 :p

Agreed totally, even my previous 60D AF system is better than the 5D2..... but again.... there is ways to work around for those like me that is stingy in the upgrade :p

Having a 5dm3 is just bringing a greater pleasure in photography. i just bought it and really love the iso performance as compared to 7d. but af i felt is very similar. i would rather canon reduce the 61 af point and make the camera cheaper.

on the other hand, i am willing to pay more if canon boost further the iso performance and resolution.

on the other hand, i am willing to pay more if canon boost further the iso performance and resolution.

you probably have to wait a few years then. No current Canon camera has the ISO performance of 5D3, probably with the exception of 1DX.

what you pay is what you get :).

Hello,

Can I check, they say if you head over to Canon @vivo and produce an old canon camera you'll get 17% off for any new camera. Is that true?

Hello,

Can I check, they say if you head over to Canon @vivo and produce an old canon camera you'll get 17% off for any new camera. Is that true?

only for models up to 60D, and it's 17% off RRP if not wrong.

Oh, if only it is for 5D as well...

17% off RRP is even more than what we can get in the other camera shops....

IDK, I may have remembered wrongly too :(

Haha ok. I think it is only up to xxxD. xxD and xD not included. Anyone can verify if there's any change to this?

Ok back to topic. I have not bought the 5D3 cos still saving up. Tossing between it and the D800 at the moment. :)

Haha ok. I think it is only up to xxxD. xxD and xD not included. Anyone can verify if there's any change to this?

Ok back to topic. I have not bought the 5D3 cos still saving up. Tossing between it and the D800 at the moment. :)

5D3 can buy now, cos u don't shoot with lens cap but with a lens. But D800.. you really need to wait for Nikon to fix the AF issues :)

Just hope D800 is fixed by the time u save up :)

5D3 can buy now, cos u don't shoot with lens cap but with a lens. But D800.. you really need to wait for Nikon to fix the AF issues :)

Just hope D800 is fixed by the time u save up :)

Haha I know la bro, just still short of $$ now so gotta make do with what I can afford now first :)

The one hundred and ninety first purchaser of a Canon 5d MkIII camera has just resurrected this thread after more than two months in a coma!

Congratulations whoever you are! :)

Enjoy your camera! :thumbsup:

Bought last week but not 100% happy with it.

What I felt personally:
Pro:

I'm now able to use higher ISO thus giving me better shutter speed. My 1Dmk3 standard ISO was 400, now I can set 1250 but even at 4000, I still see very little or no noise depending on light conditions.

Fast AF. AF locks in real fast but after I tried the 1DX, I felt 5D3 is slow.. haha

Con:

Birds now seem very far away even with my 600mm and 1.4xTC.
I can no longer add a 2X tc to my 600mm lense..
(these 2 will need time for me to get used )
Need bigger/more memory cards
Not used to the body without the grip so will have to burn another hole in my pocket to get the grip.

You should have sold the 1D3 and pool your funds for a 1DX :p

Ps: how is the AF on 5D3 compared to 1D3?

What I felt personally:
Pro:

I'm now able to use higher ISO thus giving me better shutter speed. My 1Dmk3 standard ISO was 400, now I can set 1250 but even at 4000, I still see very little or no noise depending on light conditions.

Fast AF. AF locks in real fast but after I tried the 1DX, I felt 5D3 is slow.. haha

Con:

Not used to the body without the grip so will have to burn another hole in my pocket to get the grip.

1DX is very poisonous.. cannot touch one.. touch liao instant poisoned..

kekeke.... if not poisonous... they wouldnt be able to make you willingly part with your $$$...... :sweat::lovegrin:

Seems like the 1DM4 might be a better option for you? 1.3x crop factor and you can continue to use your 2x TC. Better ISO performance (or so the reviews say) than the 1DM3 too.

What I felt personally:
Pro:

Con:

Must... :sweat: not...
sweat.gif
touch...
sweat.gif
1DX...
sweat.gif
must... resist!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.