Canon 1000D thread III! [general discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay first kopek..

For portraits, be it human or animals, the most important part is, as i said earlier are the eyes...

And of course, even if you captured the eyes sharply, ever wondered why the subject is not that appealing? in order to make it more appealing, use catchlights to make it better..

So what is catchlights?

Read on...

Last edited:
You guys list down where you guys wanna go.

Oh yeah, i did make a list a few days ago.. hahaha. go look for it lah. i lazy lah :p

i have this idea of going to the malaysian railway tracks at bukit timah to shoot.. date not yet confirmed.. preferbly a smaller grop of maybe 5-6 ppl.. anyone interested?

Okay first kopek..

For portraits, be it human or animals, the most important part is, as i said earlier are the eyes...

And of course, even if you captured the eyes sharply, ever wondered why the subject is not that appealing? in order to make it more appealing, use catchlights to make it better..

So what is catchlights?

Read on...

nice .. that was useful. if you guys have the lord of the rings DVD or VCD even .. go and take a look and check out how they always shoot the character Galadriel (the elf queen in the forest .. played by Cate Blanchett) in close up. everytime they took a close up .. the had an off camera light .. just so they can capture that effect in her eyes everytime .. cos that character is supposed to be very powerful and they wanted her eyes to glitter.

nice .. that was useful. if you guys have the lord of the rings DVD or VCD even .. go and take a look and check out how they always shoot the character Galadriel (the elf queen in the forest .. played by Cate Blanchett) in close up. everytime they took a close up .. the had an off camera light .. just so they can capture that effect in her eyes everytime .. cos that character is supposed to be very powerful and they wanted her eyes to glitter.

thats the power of catchlights bro ;)

i have this idea of going to the malaysian railway tracks at bukit timah to shoot.. date not yet confirmed.. preferbly a smaller grop of maybe 5-6 ppl.. anyone interested?

next week i ON

for the next outing, i have 3 places in mind

1. going to a football match.. using of our zoom lens.
2. Sungei Buloh, but i'm sure everyone will be LATE.
3. hort park
4. Ubin

Or you guys wanna go to the singapore flyer, and according to faizal, we can walk abit deeper behind the flyer.. The place has nice things to snapshots?

Finally found the post... I suggest Ubin cos never go b4. Hahaha... :bsmilie: After dat we can go shoot photos of the lady boy at Changi V. :sweatsm:

Okay first kopek..

So what is catchlights?

Read on...

bro.. one stupid qns.. i read the wiki abt catchlight.. but how to shoot catchlight? use flash or what?? is there a technique? i noticed ardaan's flickr has alot of potraits and this "glowing eyes" actually bring out the mood and expression of the ppl.. but i find it hard to take.. anyone got tips?

Finally found the post... I suggest Ubin cos never go b4. Hahaha... :bsmilie: After dat we can go shoot photos of the lady boy at Changi V. :sweatsm:

Yiipppeee!!! Then can go Old Changi Hospital and shoot some photos too... big groups, no so scared

Yiipppeee!!! Then can go Old Changi Hospital and shoot some photos too... big groups, no so scared

i heard old changi hospital good to shoot in the day.. very nice dramatic old skul effect.. at night.. got nothing but orbes.. and bengs howling...

come come, i give you cheat code...

left left right triangle square square r1 triangle square circle... :)

Anyway, i think if you don't want to do it in photoshop, then i guess with the help of your flash and of course, softboxes blah blah, it will create one..

Aiya, i feel that the catchlights, if you do it right, is a bonus la.. :)

Last edited:

i heard old changi hospital good to shoot in the day.. very nice dramatic old skul effect.. at night.. got nothing but orbes.. and bengs howling...

Gd, gd... Suggest 2 our chief leh... After dat can go 4 a beer session... :bsmilie:

Gd, gd... Suggest 2 our chief leh... After dat can go 4 a beer session... :bsmilie:

haha.. okok.. cooll.. you got any other bottles left at any other pubs? we can help you go finish...hope cakka dont see this.. if not tmr he cancel flight.. LOL

come come, i give you cheat code...

left left right triangle square square r1 triangle square circle... :)

Anyway, i think if you don't want to do it in photoshop, then i guess with the help of your flash and of course, softboxes blah blah, it will create one..

Aiya, i feel that the catchlights, if you do it right, is a bonus la.. :)

Wa... Photoshop really gd leh, 2 bad i dun have it! Anyone care 2 share with me? :think:

haha.. okok.. cooll.. you got any other bottles left at any other pubs? we can help you go finish...hope cakka dont see this.. if not tmr he cancel flight.. LOL

:bsmilie::sweatsm::lovegrin::sweat:

bro i have a ps2 lah.. but i forgot the code.. I think can find on the web. you want??

but first i need to find lah :p

Better then nothing ma... thank bro.. Sunday bring down, ok... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.