Can someone please explain why....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro tis is my take on tis topic.

1stly, wen we'r covering an event do u hav control over the lighting? Do u hav control over ur models/subject. I'm talkin abt events like charity events or company events where u have VIPs and all those guests. Do u always have control over them? Telling them how they shd pose, how they shd smile. An instance or two maybe, but most of the time u'r tryin to capture e mood.

Basically i feel doing a shoot of the SIN for example makes u react fast to e situation, be it lighting, be it e cars being fixed at a certain location where u cant suka2 move it to a location tat u wan .. bla bla. It brings out e creativity in u. Where u try cover e subject in a different perspective or in a certain mood.

It oso teaches one to be discipline. Taking photos wen e opportunity arises. Taking only photos which are deem good enough

Of course .. tis does not include tonnes of pictures where models r not lookin at u .. or where models r smiling at someone else n yet u take tat picture n claim tat it's artistic n tryin to capture a certain mood. Tis i tink is totally crap n people just take for e sake of taking. As if to console themselves tat e more shots they take e more justification they have on e thousands of dollars tat they have spent on their equipment.

Simply put, if u go to SIN with an objective to master a certain situation i belive u'l learn something. But if u'r there just to shoot some gorgeous looking models without having any eye contact then i say e organisers did a good job in bringing those models.

I certainly agree with your post, but I was specifically referring to the countless postings of shots of girls that look absolutely terrible. Shooting the models at SIN is not like event photography as per your examples. Going to SIN and thinking like an editorial photographer is different to snapping away at pretty girls.

A number of people have mentioned it one way or another, basically it's a cheap way to get your rocks off and the camera is a method they use to attract attention to themselves - either at the event or here (usually both).

Disclaimer: The above statement does NOT apply to all, but certainly the vast majority. I have seen a few images from a handful of photogs where it is obvious an effort was made on the part of the photog to create a decent image from a situation where you have little to work with.

Bro tis is my take on tis topic.

1stly, wen we'r covering an event do u hav control over the lighting? Do u hav control over ur models/subject. I'm talkin abt events like charity events or company events where u have VIPs and all those guests. Do u always have control over them? Telling them how they shd pose, how they shd smile. An instance or two maybe, but most of the time u'r tryin to capture e mood.

Basically i feel doing a shoot of the SIN for example makes u react fast to e situation, be it lighting, be it e cars being fixed at a certain location where u cant suka2 move it to a location tat u wan .. bla bla. It brings out e creativity in u. Where u try cover e subject in a different perspective or in a certain mood.

It oso teaches one to be discipline. Taking photos wen e opportunity arises. Taking only photos which are deem good enough

Of course .. tis does not include tonnes of pictures where models r not lookin at u .. or where models r smiling at someone else n yet u take tat picture n claim tat it's artistic n tryin to capture a certain mood. Tis i tink is totally crap n people just take for e sake of taking. As if to console themselves tat e more shots they take e more justification they have on e thousands of dollars tat they have spent on their equipment.

Simply put, if u go to SIN with an objective to master a certain situation i belive u'l learn something. But if u'r there just to shoot some gorgeous looking models without having any eye contact then i say e organisers did a good job in bringing those models.

I certainly agree with your post, but I was specifically referring to the countless postings of shots of girls that look absolutely terrible. Shooting the models at SIN is not like event photography as per your examples. Going to SIN and thinking like an editorial photographer is different to snapping away at pretty girls.

A number of people have mentioned it one way or another, basically it's a cheap way to get your rocks off and the camera is a method they use to attract attention to themselves - either at the event or here (usually both).

Disclaimer: The above statement does NOT apply to all, but certainly the vast majority. I have seen a few images from a handful of photogs where it is obvious an effort was made on the part of the photog to create a decent image from a situation where you have little to work with.
every photographers have to start somewhere (so the weaker composition or lighting), some start from shooting car's models while enjoy the thrill or fun shooting ;p

Becoz its cheap? Just like everything in spore... if its cheap, there will be a whole crowd....:) Btw, i didn't go so I would not know its its good and cheap or just cheap... but judging from the security hooha... I guess its quite badly organized...

Photography is a hobby, so they are entitled to shoot anything.

every photographers have to start somewhere (so the weaker composition or lighting), some start from shooting car's models while enjoy the thrill or fun shooting ;p

But ... this does not burried the fact that, the snapshots from these "events" and posted online are not of any quality the photographers, if we will call them that, can be proud of.

Btw, snapshots are perfectly fine, they capture memories. I take lots of snapshots of friends and things. These are people and happennings around me that are dear to my heart.

without reading any of the above mentioned replies, i shall attempt a response.
there is a learning curve in photography and this typr of event pretty babes photography appeal to those at the begining of the curve. It is very healthy and it should be encourage as it help spur some into more demanding more serious photography work later on. hey i admit taking these photos too myself a few years ago! a hobby should be fun right.

another reason is the appeal of beautiful babe to admire in their own free time later on in print or on screen. it may not be a good photo but at least there eye candy!

i like the learning curve reasoning, pretty babes got nice curves where it counts.

photography in general encompass lots of things some stick to shooting babes others move on to shoot other subjects. is there even a need for others to justify their preferance? :dunno:

do we need the approval of others when we indulge in a mostly harmless (jus dun anyhow touch d model lah :devil:) hobby? :faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.