buy online and save around S$500 for a lens..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodakero12

Dec 1, 2009
Hi Everyone, just want to ask if someone already experienced claiming warranty from NSC even if item was purchased from an online store?

Planning to buy a new Nikon lens/body online (online shop from Hong Kong - they give 2 years shop warranty). Not sure if Nikon Service Centre will honor the warranty for possible repairs during the period? I read from another thread that lenses do have 'international warranty'?

Anyone tried purchasing from an online store and later claiming warranty support from our local NSC?

Thanks!

Last edited:
y not you just call and check with NSC?
from what i know, body do not, lens with international warranty yes.

can always send it back to the HK side.

and i think it's safe to say that most of our kits never needed to be sent back for warrenty issues...

i go the online route, cheaper, why not?

when the kit fails, the savings u get from the purchase would cover the shipping, right?

bro, mind sharing with us the website?

actually, im planning to buy a pro grade lens so a bit concerned to receive a faulty one.. though shop will cover the warranty, its just such a hassle to send back to HK for repairs (the shop pays for the courier)...

here's the link: http://www.t-dimension.com/revamp/ (found them on ebay) looks like a reputable shop but if you're spending close to S$2k, you'll have second thoughts (i think they're cheaper compared to amazon/adorama)

could also be a 'gray' unit since shop covers the warranty...

Shop warranty = grey

or else why should the shop want to go thru the hassle to give their own warranty. They can just direct their customer to respective service centre for warranty issues.

i wouldn't pass thousands of dollars to people i don't know and hope that they send me something good.

remember to buy it off ebay if you are really keen as ebay/paypal covers the full cost of the product.
Just read through their terms and conditions.

If you buy it direct from the website, i do not think paypal covers the full cost of the product.

The only problem is that you have to bare the shipping costs to send the item back.

2 years shop warranty

looks like a grey set to me

i 2nd ur opinion.

if it's a grey unit, nikon will not recognise it.

international warranty only for local set bought in country of purchase

yeah..looks like its a grey set... we'll soon find out.. i asked the seller directly if their's a grey set or not..:bsmilie:

btw, if I buy online for more than S$500, i need to pay gst ryt?

Status
Not open for further replies.