Bubbling Blabber...

Status
Not open for further replies.
siaoon said:
yoyo.. been a while since i posted :)
hee.. been busy w work.. too long didnt take pics...
but at last!!! now going to bali this weekend (finally a chance for me to shoot again...)
hope not too rusty.. and able to share some decent pics then..
photosmart pics and few others make me drool liao..

PRAY HARD PRAY HARD!!! ;p

i am there next week too.....Sat morning in Jimbaran, Sat-Thur in Candi Dasa, Thur - Sun in Oberio/Seminyak.....call me if u r in the above areas the same time as i am :)

siaoon said:
yoyo.. been a while since i posted :)
hee.. been busy w work.. too long didnt take pics...
but at last!!! now going to bali this weekend (finally a chance for me to shoot again...)
hope not too rusty.. and able to share some decent pics then..
photosmart pics and few others make me drool liao..

PRAY HARD PRAY HARD!!! ;p

You can kiss the mola molas & hug the manta blankets for warmth in the cool cool waters......

we certainly hope so!!!

kthan, the areas u mentioned sound unfamiliar leh. we are at sanur from fri night (tomorrow!!!) till monday morning to tulamben, and back to sanur on tue night, flying back to sg on wed afternoon. short trip only.... if u r around sanur at the same time lets meet for dinner ;)

beivied said:
we certainly hope so!!!

kthan, the areas u mentioned sound unfamiliar leh. we are at sanur from fri night (tomorrow!!!) till monday morning to tulamben, and back to sanur on tue night, flying back to sg on wed afternoon. short trip only.... if u r around sanur at the same time lets meet for dinner ;)

Quite a distance apart. But if you have 3G handphones can have dinner "Tele-Conference" style.

beivied said:
we certainly hope so!!!

sanur quite near jimbaran....i am on Qantas tom night (fri). same flight?

Hi everyone,

Was in Bali around the same time as beivied. Did the trip in reverse though - was in Tulamben, then went for Mola dives. The mola dives were awesome ... 9 molas sighted over 6 dives! Pics already up at www.flickr.com/photos/cat64fish.

Will post more pics of Tulamben when I get them sorted. Enjoy.

Jeff

flooded by D70 on my Bali trip :(

Nikon just called to say it is beyond repair.

Anyone has a good condition D70s selling cheap?

Eric

Oh dear Eric! Sorry to hear about that...hope you'll find a replacement soon.

minor leak....then as i surfaced, 1/3 filled with water......

those of those arse luck days

Wah liao.... everyone's worst nightmare come true! Sorry to hear about it Eric! Hope it didnt damage your enjoyment of your trip too much!!

(When i went to lembeh, i was soooo scared this would happen, i brought a spare Camera (rented) and o-rings. Kiasu or what?!)

Housing ok ??? Do you need to service them ??

i tested the housing again in the pool and seemed fine. not too sure about the TTL converter in the housing though. getting a D70 tonight (tks to Clubsnap Buy/Sell) to test. Will let u know if i need help.

Do you have a leak detector installed?

wonder will it help in such case.

I am using a diy version that can fix into an ikelite dslr housing.

i don't think so. most leaks happen when you are on the way up, not down (due pressure difference)

so say you are ascending from 30m. at 20m, housing starts to leak. and the shallower u get, the more water gets in....

what can you do???? :bheart:

leak detector probably useful in those opaque housing and when u do a pool test.

Hi Maxteo98. I am interested to know your DIY version. Care to share?

Hi GS9826, pm me your email..

will try to send u some pics and explaination after this wkend.

I just met Kthan last night as he got my spare D70. Thks !:thumbsup: (So if his pics turn out bad, u can blame uncle Loupisk) !:bsmilie:

After he left, I just realise that I would love to dive again.

Bevied, any trip on the way?

Cheers,

Loupisk

Yo Eric.. sorry to hear that..
wellwell.. me oso can kinda consider alternative setup now.. :( :(

well.. broke my housing sync cord connectors during the trip.. hence been shooting video or internal flash for the whole trip.

from wat i heard.. thats no replacement parts available for the connectors.. sob sob..

anyway.. still enjoyed the trip!! :)
will be sharing some photos shortly.. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.