Best prices for epl2

just a quick question on the topic of pricing.
1) are 4/3s ever cheaper at IT fairs/PC shows? like the one coming up in june.
or like the SLR market its still much cheaper to purchase them at retail stores.
2) im wondering too why challenger sells them at prices comparable to shops like SLRR and alan photo...
3) why isnt there a body only version too? doesnt that put off people who wants to upgrade.
im considering epl2+17mm and not twin kit so that if ever epl3 arrives and i wish to upgrade and there isnt a body only version i wont be stuck with 2 kit lens

re: (3)
Odd that you'd want to upgrade b/w different versions of the body (esp consecutive versions)... the pros seem to tell me the glass is more important.

anyway, it's probably a reflection that m4/3 (for now at least) is not targetted at the "pros" (who "know better"), but at pro/con-sumers (who don't "know better").

re: (3)
Odd that you'd want to upgrade b/w different versions of the body (esp consecutive versions)... the pros seem to tell me the glass is more important.

anyway, it's probably a reflection that m4/3 (for now at least) is not targetted at the "pros" (who "know better"), but at pro/con-sumers (who don't "know better").

well you are right at deducing im not a pro, but thats not answering my q3 ...

let me put it this way. i have the canon 5Dmk2 with its kit lens now, the 24-105, if canon releases the 5Dmk3, with the 24-105 as kit lens, but offer only a body+kit bundle. if i wish to upgrade, wouldn't i, who already have the kit lens, be very pissed? and its not just me perhaps, there're tons of people owning the same setup as me who will pounce on the 5Dmk3 once its release, pro or not, despite it being a consecutive version :/ even the canon 1100D, aim at really entry-level users, has a body only configuration on sale at $799, and their target are the owners of the 1000D who just wants the marginal upgrade (ok fine im carried away ....)

but hey, i apologise if i keep talking canon cause thats what im familiar with, and i apologize if i compare the canon business model to olympus. im new to 4/3s, and i wish to purchase one to compliment and act as a backup to my SLRs. i like the pen for its design and small built (which was also why i had the 17mm in mind). as you said, glass is impt, so if i do wish to have the epl-2 + 20mm combo, i can't have that configuration w/o purchasing one of the kit lens. which was why i asked, why isn't there a body only version on sale?

as for my first two qns, Im just curious that IT fair/challenger/harveynorman has camera prices comparable to standard retail stores? (if the prices were not comparable then they would not have been brought up earlier in this thread , won't they)

Got mine in hk for hkd4350 (s$700) with 8gb sdhc, spare battery, screen protector, case, tripod.

which shop?

trd2970 said:
Got mine in hk for hkd4350 (s$700) with 8gb sdhc, spare battery, screen protector, case, tripod.

Btw comes with one year international warranty.

well you are right at deducing im not a pro, but thats not answering my q3 ...

as for my first two qns, Im just curious that IT fair/challenger/harveynorman has camera prices comparable to standard retail stores? (if the prices were not comparable then they would not have been brought up earlier in this thread , won't they)

Sry... if u came away with the idea that I seem to be slighting you, my apologies. it was a general comment only.

I newly graduated from PNS and deep dived into this m4/3 world. read tons and just ordered my 1st lens outside of kit from amazon. In no position to answer (1) or (2). I was trying to take (3), but I guess I wasn't successful ;)

Unicorn RX-0 said:
Sry... if u came away with the idea that I seem to be slighting you, my apologies. it was a general comment only.

I newly graduated from PNS and deep dived into this m4/3 world. read tons and just ordered my 1st lens outside of kit from amazon. In no position to answer (1) or (2). I was trying to take (3), but I guess I wasn't successful ;)

No issue bro. I has apologies earlier too if I sounded ignorant and a little defensive about what I was asking.

nonetheless happy shooting!

Going to town today, will update prices if there are good promos.

Dc power at mongkok :)

hi! can i ask a bit more about this? which part of mongkok is it at? is it the mongkok computer centre? if it is, which level? was there any bargaining? and what was the HKD price? sorry to ask SO SO many questions but im trying to get someone who's in hongkong to help me get it!

cameraaanoob said:
hi! can i ask a bit more about this? which part of mongkok is it at? is it the mongkok computer centre? if it is, which level? was there any bargaining? and what was the HKD price? sorry to ask SO SO many questions but im trying to get someone who's in hongkong to help me get it!

It is at sim city mall, on shantung street, diagonally opposite this Hollywood shopping centre. Level 2 or 3, very near the escalator. Hkd 4350 was the quoted price and no more bargaining...other shops selling 45**, 46**, RRP is 4990 I think. This is cash price, if pay credit card, another 2-3% more.

Hope this helps :)

It is at sim city mall, on shantung street, diagonally opposite this Hollywood shopping centre. Level 2 or 3, very near the escalator. Hkd 4350 was the quoted price and no more bargaining...other shops selling 45**, 46**, RRP is 4990 I think. This is cash price, if pay credit card, another 2-3% more.

Hope this helps :)

Hey, haaha sorry to bother you as well, but is the extra battery that is provided the original one or is it a third party brand? Also, does the case come with padding or is it just a normal canvas bag? hehe thanks for your help! :D