Best prices for epl2

BH Photo having a USD50 discount for the single len kit s and USD100 discount for the dual lens kit.

Just bought EPL-2 & 37mm filter for USD560. Shipping is USD44. Total cost is USD 604. Based on exchange rate of 1.3 (usually credit card company charge higher rates), the local price is about S$785 for cam and filter. Shipping is 4 business days.

What about 7% GST?

$560 x 1.3 x 1.07 = $778 + (44 x 1.3 = $57) = $835

BH Photo having a USD50 discount for the single len kit s and USD100 discount for the dual lens kit.

Just bought EPL-2 & 37mm filter for USD560. Shipping is USD44. Total cost is USD 604. Based on exchange rate of 1.3 (usually credit card company charge higher rates), the local price is about S$785 for cam and filter. Shipping is 4 business days.

What about 7% GST?

I previously bought GF1 from BH Photo. The courier did not bill me for the GST unlike some other site.

I previously bought GF1 from BH Photo. The courier did not bill me for the GST unlike some other site.

If the value of your goods is declare value exceeds $400, the entire sum would be subject to GST.

You can check what is the declare value from B&H, in the event if the value is at the full price, prepare to pay for GST.

Goods and Services Tax

There is a 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) levied on all goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts, food preparations and dutiable products, imported into Singapore. GST is calculated based on the CIF value of the goods plus all duties payable. If the invoice value of goods does not include insurance and freight charges, the postage charge paid for the goods is to be taken as freight and insurance charges, and is to be added to the invoice value of such invoice for calculation of GST payable.

GST relief is granted on goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts and food preparations but excluding dutiable products, imported by post to a total value not exceeding $400. Where the value exceeds $400, the entire sum would be subject to GST.

If the value of your goods is declare value exceeds $400, the entire sum would be subject to GST.

You can check what is the declare value from B&H, in the event if the value is at the full price, prepare to pay for GST.

Goods and Services Tax

There is a 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) levied on all goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts, food preparations and dutiable products, imported into Singapore. GST is calculated based on the CIF value of the goods plus all duties payable. If the invoice value of goods does not include insurance and freight charges, the postage charge paid for the goods is to be taken as freight and insurance charges, and is to be added to the invoice value of such invoice for calculation of GST payable.

GST relief is granted on goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts and food preparations but excluding dutiable products, imported by post to a total value not exceeding $400. Where the value exceeds $400, the entire sum would be subject to GST.

I know what you are talking about as I shop a lot from online merchants on electronics & hi-fi. There are times when I have to pay GST to the courier like DHL.

I am just saying that BH Photo is one of those where I do not have to pay GST. I bought my GF-1 & Oly lens 9-18 in one shipment and I did not pay GST. You statement is correct; its just that the courier UPS do not collect GST from me.

I know what you are talking about as I shop a lot from online merchants on electronics & hi-fi. There are times when I have to pay GST to the courier like DHL.

I am just saying that BH Photo is one of those where I do not have to pay GST. I bought my GF-1 & Oly lens 9-18 in one shipment and I did not pay GST. You statement is correct; its just that the courier UPS do not collect GST from me.

It's true. The last time I bought a Pentax FA 31mm lens from B&H, it was S$1500 and I did not get taxed. I take it that it depends on luck perhaps.

perhaps the value declared is below 400?

What about 7% GST?

$850 can get in Singapore. In Hong Kong, can get around $600.

Hi arsene,

I am keen to get one from BH photo as well, but have never gotten any cameras from overseas before. May i know if the charger u received for epl2 needs any step up/down converter to be able to use in Singapore?
Thanks!

Hi arsene,

I am keen to get one from BH photo as well, but have never gotten any cameras from overseas before. May i know if the charger u received for epl2 needs any step up/down converter to be able to use in Singapore?
Thanks!

No need. Most digital cams come with universal charger for use in all countries.

esiaz said:
Hi arsene,

Thanks!
No, Universal charger. But it will be 2 flat pin so u will need to change that to fit ur plug

What I meant is you can use it on 110V to 240V. Yes you need to use use the 2 flat pin with adapter or use one that you can buy from Sim Lim (abt $5) or a spare one which comes with your printer or other equipment.

I suggest u double check the power input rating before plugging....I once fried a hair dryer I bought from US.

I am now using the charger for the E-PL2 from US without any issue.

may i know where else selling at $850 or below? still waitin for b&h to restock for white but wonder when they will have stock..

Just bought a EPL-2 SLK in HK, Mongkok Computer Center for HK$4480 (roughly S$750) with free 8GB card. Fixed price no bargaining.

If you buy in the chain stores like Broadway its $4900 but still lots cheaper than in SG

You can ship from Amazon. Abt 700 sgd. If u do vpost. U need to pay 7% gst. But u can get 20 sgd worth of free shipping if u r new to vpost and use certain credit card to pay.