Best prices for epl2

hi, would like to ask what is the screen size for E-PL2 as i need to buy a screen protector for it. thanks

It isn't on the box? Its 3", can go to DOML at Smith Street,Chinatown there, they will paste for you and can custom cut to even fit the black areas

It isn't on the box? Its 3", can go to DOML at Smith Street,Chinatown there, they will paste for you and can custom cut to even fit the black areas

oh! i bought one 3" screen protector from Daiso, but it only covers the display and not the black border/ sides of the whole screen.

Last edited:

Hi,

If I order online from doml does it cover the black area too?

oh! i bought one 3" screen protector from Daiso, but it only covers the display and not the black border/ sides of the whole screen.

That 3" is kinda generic, cause on the models before the E-PL2, they're all quite exposed LCD screen, on the E-PL2, there is the hard plastic which has black borders, alternatively you can buy something like hercules, but I prefer something not too thick though its strong,less likely to have your screen cracked, but if you take care of your stuff properly, should be fine with the none hercules screen protector

Hi,

If I order online from doml does it cover the black area too?

That I'm not sure, my understanding is cameras like E-P1, they have ready made ones which cover the whole screen which SHOULD cover the black area too, but if online don't have, best to go down custom make, my E-3 didn't have pre made ones so I waited for them to measure (they measure like engineerings, very precise) and then they sticked on for me. I always go down since I live like 2 mrt stops away

Can also buy iphone screen protector online and cut it, cheap and easy.

actually i feel that it's better off without a screen protector.. the EPL2 is using the Hyper Crystal which is quite tough and scratch resistant...putting a screen protector can cause unwanted glare, and I really hate seeing little air bubbles forming in the screen protector.

actually i feel that it's better off without a screen protector.. the EPL2 is using the Hyper Crystal which is quite tough and scratch resistant...putting a screen protector can cause unwanted glare, and I really hate seeing little air bubbles forming in the screen protector.

actually any one tried how tough is the screen?

Reallly? I never had any glare, and bubbles form only when I didn't put properly or someone else didn't do it for me properly, but when I go to doml, no bubbles at all, very good service

themuk, never really tested it, but it feels tough enough on its own

actually any one tried how tough is the screen?

I dunno about camera screen but my samsung galaxy S goes into my pocket all the time with no screen protector or any protection. I think camera should be subjected to less abuse than my hp.

i went to get the screen shield from DOML this afternoon. cost me 24.95 plus application but its worth it. Screen is nice & clear.

But can anyone advise where can i get a len filter for the kit lens? & roughly how much is one? went to john 3:16 today. they don't carry it.

Last edited:
genocidex said:
i went to get the screen shield from DOML this afternoon. cost me 24.95 plus application but its worth it. Screen is nice & clear.

But can anyone advise where can i get a len filter for the kit lens? & roughly how much is one? went to john 3:16 today. they don't carry it.

The filter for it is 37mm and I think you can try cathay photo. It should cost around $25?

Reallly? I never had any glare, and bubbles form only when I didn't put properly or someone else didn't do it for me properly, but when I go to doml, no bubbles at all, very good service

themuk, never really tested it, but it feels tough enough on its own

thanks... felt the screen very "exposed" and can be easily scratched...

thanks... felt the screen very "exposed" and can be easily scratched...

Well, isn't exactly a camera, but I had the misfortune of having my PSP and OM50mm lens in the same "compartment" and my screen got scratched, thank God I had some cheapo screen protector on it, my actual screen is fine, can't say the same for the screen protector but well, it served its purpose, the thing I like about doml is that if they don't have, they will measure super accurately, cut it to fit and then paste it for you, got bubbles when they paste, they'll remove and paste again until the customer is happy

Hi, just to share. Bought my e-pl2 dual lens kit (white) from sim lim's Alan Photos just yesterday at $1150.

Price includes TL kit, 8gb SD and the guy threw in a hard screen protector for me as well =D

Got 2 filters from them at $15 and $20 resepctively.

I thought this pricing is not bad =)

Hi, just to share. Bought my e-pl2 dual lens kit (white) from sim lim's Alan Photos just yesterday at $1150.

Price includes TL kit, 8gb SD and the guy threw in a hard screen protector for me as well =D

Got 2 filters from them at $15 and $20 resepctively.

I thought this pricing is not bad =)

Sounds like good price. Any idea how much they are selling for the single lens kit? The one with the 14-42 kit lens? Thanks

Hi,
Just joined and got my E-PL2 with 14-42 single lens for $900/ with Class6 SD 8GB card after much bargaining.

Yep, not too bad. Not so sure about the price for single lens. You may wanna call them at 63360922 to check? :)