Beauty Portraits: Celestina Tiew @ Punggol

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice stuff.. really good. an inspiration for me. but i do however feel you should have gone a little warmer for the seaside shots.
did you use any CTO's?

Main light is always a shoot through umbrella except for a few shots I fired bare flash to get another feel. As for side lights, pure bare flashes. Wanted to diffuse the light somehow but my light stands are those cheapo tripods which cannot house any additional gadgets.

I am the Hero of the Poor. I cannot afford to buy expensive light diffusers. I always make my own (from plastic noodle cups to A4 sized white papers to translucent styrofoam). When you know how light works and have a sound understanding of how the effect will turn out, these cheap stuffs make great accessories! :D

Inspiring! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You prove that photography is really not about equipments. haha

Pic 16:

20090625-Celestina-800x536-16.jpg

same pic as mine! :cool:

Nice series!

Dun mind i ask is #19 on slow shutter?:think:

No 21 the pose (to me only la...) dun belong to this series!:embrass:

Make-Up: Yan-Ru
Model: Celestina Tiew
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Tokina 12-24
Flash: 1 x SB-900, 1 x SB-800 and 2x SB-600

Credits all goes to the above list. I just report facts through images only. :)

Thanks for your comments.

Wah….:bigeyes:! I’m using D90 also can’t get this kind of Pro result! Feel like Crying:cry:

Ha ha ha :bsmilie:… Joke a side!

This tells us entry level DSLR also can produce Professional result!

Respect you MR Chow!:thumbsup:

Nice series!

Dun mind i ask is #19 on slow shutter?:think:

No 21 the pose (to me only la...) dun belong to this series!:embrass:

All shots in this series of images were shot handhand. Evening shots were 1/15 or even slower, I could not remember. Maybe 1/10 or 1/8... :think:

As for the pose, sorry that it didn't work for you. :p

Wah….:bigeyes:! I’m using D90 also can’t get this kind of Pro result! Feel like Crying:cry:

Ha ha ha :bsmilie:… Joke a side!

This tells us entry level DSLR also can produce Professional result!

Respect you MR Chow!:thumbsup:

Cheers!

Awesome again...:thumbsup:
Lovely model too....:)

I am very happy that you like so many images. It is always very encouraging when a photographer's work is being appreciated. In this case, many of my images are being appreciated. It gives me a lot of encouragement to continue what I am doing.

I always believe in striving to produce multiple images that contains a very strong visual impact, a stunning effect and a WOW. In my opinion, there is no point getting just 1 image that is good and the rest are bin material. Getting multiple good images shows good consistent control and skills and that is where a photographer's true skills and techniques shows.

Thanks a lot for your comments. :)

can always learn from you, during shoots as well as reading your replies and comments!

new thing learned today from your reply: strive to produce multiple images that contains a strong visual impact, stunning effect, and a WOW! i had been wondering should that be just one image or should that be multiple images i aim for each shoot.

thanks & cheers,
emptyform

Pic 23:

20090625-Celestina-800x536-23.jpg

This is where full frame cameras wins over the edge... Too bad I am only holding my D80... Guess I have to live with the noise... :cry:

Hey Zeckson even with the D80 your pictures never fail to mesmerise and entrall it's the skill
and experience that counts.As I've mentioned on your Lu Tingyi set and will mentioned again
you are doing justice to Celestina too. Great works :thumbsup:

those shots were awesome! saturaterd colours and all nicely exposed. i guess u did an extra exposure for the sky and then mask the 2 pieces together?
but i find some of the skies too much details which seems kind of distracting to me.

This is my favourite shot of all cos it's less distracting, and Celestina had a wonderful pose here, clean and sweet!

20090625-Celestina-800x536-16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.