Availibility of D800 in Singapore (Part 2)

Thanks Fmeeran. Anyway, don't need to ask Best Denki, they don't sell Nikon product at all anymore as far as I observed

They still have a dedicated Nikon display case at their Taka branch.

I spent much of yesterday looking for the D800 at Funan and nada. Today I poked my head into Lucky Plaza and one store had the camera. I asked how much and with a straight face was the salesman replied $5,200.

I can wait.

Brad Jackson said:
I spent much of yesterday looking for the D800 at Funan and nada. Today I poked my head into Lucky Plaza and one store had the camera. I asked how much and with a straight face was the salesman replied $5,200.

I can wait.

Outrageous!!

I can wait.

This is madness

Zenten said:
Yes, all created by Nikon ..........

I was at One of the main shop at Funan. Asked a nice young fellow there: "D800 have?"

"No stock."

"You take preorder?"

"Difficult. Don't know when stock will come in. Wait list very long. And when we do get a set and call, most don't want. Waste time leh."

His parting advice "better to wait 2-3 months for things to settle."

I was at One of the main shop at Funan. Asked a nice young fellow there: "D800 have?"

"No stock."

"You take preorder?"

"Difficult. Don't know when stock will come in. Wait list very long. And when we do get a set and call, most don't want. Waste time leh."

His parting advice "better to wait 2-3 months for things to settle."

All retailers I spoke with said that they have to commit orders for XX sets of D3100 or XXX sets of PnS in order to be allotted x sets of D800/E ..........it's a case of Nikon 挂起来卖 ..........

Lol @ all created by Nikon.

As a further update. The guy at TK Photo at Funan said they would be getting 1 camera in today for RRP of $4,488. The guy from John 3:16 who incidentally happened to be the sole smiling and personable camera Singaporean salesperson I met said he would be getting stock in the 2nd week of May.

can try gain city, i heard that they have 1 unit (as of this afternoon)
already tell you to look at the places that is not so popular

Alan Photo Funan says preorder with deposit can get D800 2 weeks time. If this helps anyone. Price 4.4k probably before GST

can try gain city, i heard that they have 1 unit (as of this afternoon)
already tell you to look at the places that is not so popular

.... I go check out Sungei Road ...... just in case .......

The markup of the D800s locally seem extremely excessive. All because of Nikon Singapore? I mean in the USA it's just 3000usd. Even with a super bad exchange rate of 1.5 it's just 4500. And it's priced at 4900 here?!

Ok just realized that it's 4488 rrp. Still on the high side though.

just got my d800e from TK. they had 2 x d800 and 2 x d800e. I bought a d800e all at RRP.
check with them if interested.

Got mine yesterday at Courts Causeway point at rrp with 1 CF and SD card

How much they sell?