anyone with partime lobang?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waffle said:
fresh poly grads should be expecting a salary range within $1,200 to a realistic high of $1,500, this is fresh news from the lot of my friends who have already gotten themselves full-time jobs. (they're girls, no NS, thus can afford to go straight into full-time, if you must know)

the lucky one or two that i know got offered $1,800 a mth.
1.2K a bit on the low side lah.. probably around 1.4K average. 1.3K is also very common.

eugenep said:
Eh..i seen the gov service giving 3k for 2nd honours... so i guess 2500 for just a degree should be okei right?
which sector? engineering?

the list I gave just now came from a stat board.

yanyewkay said:
1.2K a bit on the low side lah.. probably around 1.4K average. 1.3K is also very common.
it sure sounds low, but that's the way it is now. :dunno:

you think THAT'S unreasonable? let me tell u what's unreasonable:
i just got quoted $300 for a 6-week assignment for a legit and big event. if i could, i'd spit in the fella's face. lucky for him, i'm really a nice guy. :p

Waffle said:
it sure sounds low, but that's the way it is now. :dunno:

you think THAT'S unreasonable? let me tell u what's unreasonable:
i just got quoted $300 for a 6-week assignment for a legit and big event. if i could, i'd spit in the fella's face. lucky for him, i'm really a nice guy. :p
i never say unreasonable leh...

$300 for 6weeks must depend on the commitment level also. If I only need to commit 1hr everyday for 6weeks (assume 5day week) $300 -> $10/hr decent part timer money.

yanyewkay said:
i never say unreasonable leh...

$300 for 6weeks must depend on the commitment level also. If I only need to commit 1hr everyday for 6weeks (assume 5day week) $300 -> $10/hr decent part timer money.
hahaha if it was a 1hr everyday job, do you actually think i'd be complaining? it's an event, man.

the things people do nowadays. ai pee, ai chee, ai dua liap nee. tsk tsk. :bsmilie:

A lot depend on supply and demand. If the supply is high but demand is low, company will not want to pay high. But if supply is low and demand is high, company will have no choice but to pay more.

Waffle said:
fresh poly grads should be expecting a salary range within $1,200 to a realistic high of $1,500, this is fresh news from the lot of my friends who have already gotten themselves full-time jobs. (they're girls, no NS, thus can afford to go straight into full-time, if you must know)

the lucky one or two that i know got offered $1,800 a mth.

Correct... Poly's pay should be around 1.2k to 1.6k.
Grads usually starts from 1.8k onwards but depends which field you are in.
Local U grads tends to get the job easily than oversea/distant learning.
Anyway.... working is SG is like living in HELL!!!!

yanyewkay said:
which sector? engineering?

the list I gave just now came from a stat board.
engineering. public officer

hmmm.. didnt know the market is that bad for uni grad. I tot 3 yrs ago was bad...

eugenep said:
engineering. public officer

unless u're head-hunted before u finish ur course of study...

anyway, that's another story. close friend in one of the government sector as some engineer. S$2.5k+- starting pay is realistic. it's a guy by the way.

i've a friend who graduated from my course of study and she started working for a horrendously low pay(in the arts and creative industry), but got double increment within a year. she's not local but she work real hard and her service is valued by the co. so the double increment to bring her pay to a 'competitive' level.

still very low if u were to ask me, perhaps much lower than wat a fresh grad in the banking/finance sector will be getting. but she ain't complaining and credit to her, she buckled down and soak up all the experience she can get. O.T everyday with no $$!!

her next job will definitely pay her much more as she can handle so many different softwares and is aptly experienced in most working condition/situation.

some advice for fresh grad... buckle down and work hard. gain experience first. don't believe in waiting for the perfect job. be realistic of ur own pay expectations too.

Ic... yupe i know the pay for arts and creative industry is super low... i think getting 2500 is pretty good for fresh grad. 3 yrs back i think 2200 or 2000 ppl will be very happy

skinnylatte said:
general uni degree with no honours - starting about $2550

uni degree with good honours/distinctions - > $2900-3000 (banking, finance, etc: can even start from 5K)

at least according to the recent report for the last batch.

poly: not sure.

u sure that the case ?
I am taking Bank & Finance now ..

eugenep said:
Ic... yupe i know the pay for arts and creative industry is super low... i think getting 2500 is pretty good for fresh grad. 3 yrs back i think 2200 or 2000 ppl will be very happy
alamak

wat makes u think the scenario is any different from then? :bsmilie:
slowly la... secure a job first.

Cheesecake said:
depends on what sector u're working in.
now, S$2.55k for a fresh grad is VERY HIGH.

me and my frens mux haf been grossly underpaid!:cry:
for banking/finance sector, for sure they pay well.

My collegue's nephew grad from Banking and Finance from SIM, Uni of London
2nd yr with citibank and hes paid $3K+ a month .. though no bonus

looks pretty good to me

simon80 said:
u sure that the case ?
I am taking Bank & Finance now ..
forgive him.. it's the holidays for the pri school kids now. less than half a week more before they go back to school..

Cheesecake said:
yaaaa... Citibank pays good $$. but stress level is just as high! :bsmilie:

no idea what his post ..
i suppose is related to foreign as his timing is from 3-11pm

but i heard local bank doesnt pay well ..
from my lecturer of course :)

simon80 said:
no idea what his post ..
i suppose is related to foreign as his timing is from 3-11pm

but i heard local bank doesnt pay well ..
from my lecturer of course :)

not entirely true la.
they like to use the word, 'competitive'. hahaha

they've narrowed the gap, trying to match offshore banks for fear of losing their top talents.
i'm sure there're a no. of CSers in the banking/finance industry. their insight would be more spot-on.

be happy with ur job. put meals on the table each day and haf the weekends off is what i'm after.:bsmilie:

Cheesecake said:
not entirely true la.
be happy with ur job. put meals on the table each day and haf the weekends off is what i'm after.:bsmilie:

I like this... this is wat i m after too (2 yrs ago)... but it started to fade away... sigh..

Cheesecake said:
i've a friend who graduated from my course of study and she started working for a horrendously low pay(in the arts and creative industry), but got double increment within a year. she's not local but she work real hard and her service is valued by the co. so the double increment to bring her pay to a 'competitive' level.

still very low if u were to ask me, perhaps much lower than wat a fresh grad in the banking/finance sector will be getting. but she ain't complaining and credit to her, she buckled down and soak up all the experience she can get. O.T everyday with no $$!!

her next job will definitely pay her much more as she can handle so many different softwares and is aptly experienced in most working condition/situation.

some advice for fresh grad... buckle down and work hard. gain experience first. don't believe in waiting for the perfect job. be realistic of ur own pay expectations too.

The creative industry is notorious for paying sub-human salaries even for fresh graduates. My 1st pay cheque was a princely $1400 before CPF, 2nd class honours to boot. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.