Any Ricoh GX100 user out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh.. got any gx/grd outing anot? even tho i got my "carry everywhere" cam.. i kinda lazy to get my butt out to shoot with it.

there's a difference between chancing upon a shot, and really searching for one.

and.. wanna take a break from shooting girls. :bsmilie:

is there any auto mode in GX100? please pardon my ignorance, but what are Cont/S-Cont/M-Cont modes? Thanks in advance.

Read in Taiwan forums that GX100 bought in Taiwan has some focusing problems. Do our batch in Singapore encounter the same problem as well?

Thread links:
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=252&t=327046&p=1
http://ricoh.grfan.net/showthread.php?t=1263

Got mine only last week end. S/N 3510xxxx. updated firmware to V1.14. works perfectly. found none of the problems mentioned in the above links.
安啦!!

YOL925: that's cool! how much did you pay for it? apparently many ppl reported "white spots" (is that called dead pixels or something?) in hong kong.... Weird that I don't see any complaints here. but isn't that good :bsmilie:

YOL925: that's cool! how much did you pay for it? apparently many ppl reported "white spots" (is that called dead pixels or something?) in hong kong.... Weird that I don't see any complaints here. but isn't that good :bsmilie:

mi paid $810 for body; $45 for tube/hood; and $145 for wideangle conversion lens. dunno if good price or not. but heck, just do it lah! :cool:

mi paid $810 for body; $45 for tube/hood; and $145 for wideangle conversion lens. dunno if good price or not. but heck, just do it lah! :cool:

That is pretty good price or maybe J3:16 charges more. What I paid for each item was $10 more than you did. That was around end of May.

Heck, just BBB and shoot away :D

what then is a reasonable/market price for this cam? are VF-1 and HA-2 too included in the box as well?

Hmmm...
this cam looks good...

Anyone know how is the battery life?
And how is the ISO performance compared to the fuji F30 ?

what then is a reasonable/market price for this cam? are VF-1 and HA-2 too included in the box as well?

I am also not too sure about the price but $810-820 should get you the VF-1 kit. HA-2 has to be bought seperately. I thought the 3-years warranty is only applicable to those bought during the MSC roadshow?

I am also not too sure about the price but $810-820 should get you the VF-1 kit. HA-2 has to be bought seperately. I thought the 3-years warranty is only applicable to those bought during the MSC roadshow?

My guess is that the $999 with 3 years warranty is over. Price now is around $820 with VF-1 kit and hood included. With wide angle attachment lens is another $120 more, around $940. All with 1 year warranty.

My guess is that the $999 with 3 years warranty is over. Price now is around $820 with VF-1 kit and hood included. With wide angle attachment lens is another $120 more, around $940. All with 1 year warranty.

The 3-year warranty is a bonus here but seems to be a norm in other countries. Where do you find the conversion lens at $120?

Hmmm...
this cam looks good...

Anyone know how is the battery life?
And how is the ISO performance compared to the fuji F30 ?

not sure about F30,
however for me 1 batt could last for 4-5 days.
1 day shoot for +- 50 pics

Total 1K? if got 3 years warranty then it is ok, else kena carrot already.

1. I got these 3 items at 3 different purchases, twice at AP and once at CP. These 2 shops are known to give fair price.

2. I did not set out to hunt for the lowest possible price on earth and I said "dunno if good price or not" (cos I won't be bothered to walk around the whole SG just to save $10, say.)

3. 3 years warranty is not important to me, at all. I probably won't use this cam for more than 6 months, if my past history still counts.

4. Lastly, I am happy with this cam so far. So my advice to "thinkhardhard" (and those bargainer hunters) is: don't bother to look for the lowest price, just fair price will do. Happy, can already :angel: Enjoy the cam now rather than look here ask there, just trying to save a few $. (To me, that is a piece of real carrot.)

Hi.

Anyone know where I can get a sample RAW image from this cam off the net?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.