Any Ricoh GX100 user out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, I will like to ask how many of the CSers here own both the GX100 and a DSLR?

I am thinking of getting the D80 on top of the GX100 but is wondering if it will be a wise move?

Just out of curiosity, I will like to ask how many of the CSers here own both the GX100 and a DSLR?

I am thinking of getting the D80 on top of the GX100 but is wondering if it will be a wise move?

i just got the gx100.. and have owned dslrs for a long time..

i dun think getting both type of cameras is dependant on each other. they are used for totally different purposes.

of course everyone is different, i certainly "need" both types of cameras. actually i would say the dslr is a need and the gx is a want.. the gx is just great for me to bring around anywhere whereas b4 i got it, i never brought a camera out unless i was on assignment or going out to a "proper shoot". i really missed "shooting crap", which i never did without the gx, simply becos a dslr was to heavy to bring everywhere. :)

my gx resides in my cargo pants pocket permanently now. i dun even bring the pouch! ;p

i just got the gx100.. and have owned dslrs for a long time..

i dun think getting both type of cameras is dependant on each other. they are used for totally different purposes.

of course everyone is different, i certainly "need" both types of cameras. actually i would say the dslr is a need and the gx is a want.. the gx is just great for me to bring around anywhere whereas b4 i got it, i never brought a camera out unless i was on assignment or going out to a "proper shoot". i really missed "shooting crap", which i never did without the gx, simply becos a dslr was to heavy to bring everywhere. :)

my gx resides in my cargo pants pocket permanently now. i dun even bring the pouch! ;p

well said! :thumbsup:

randius - simply put; horses for courses.

please help on this issue before i get my gx100. many thanks.
when set at 24mm and attach with a 43 mm polariser filter, will it vieggnet?
is MS still having offer, if not where is the best place to get the gx100?
thanks.

Don't know about MS offer, can confirm that as long as your filter thickness is no more than 8mm, it with not cause vignetting at 24mm.

YOL

1st GX-100 IR attempt using Hoya R72 filter. Just shoot out of my window to see how the green appears in image. Any suggestion to improve the IR effect is greatly appreciated.

567160912_15ad3cca0f_o.jpg

TIA

YOL

i have a feeling 80% of the GX100 owners all own a dslr :D

No harm as they are for different usage.
I even have different compact for different occasion.

i own a nikon dslr which i bring for more "serious" shoots or for long holidays. gx100 is more for snapshots. you never know when the next opportunity will arise. have accumulated tons of "rubbish" shots since i bought my gx100 but there are some gems inside. just need to sit down and sieve through the pictures. keke ;p

Wah hahaha. Maybe I should really try and hang one on a dog and set it to interval timer than let her run loose and get some interesting shots. :bigeyes:

Wah hahaha. Maybe I should really try and hang one on a dog and set it to interval timer than let her run loose and get some interesting shots. :bigeyes:

ah... u know wat dennis? the scary thing is dat there are such cameras ard... :what:
http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/wonderful-shot-dog-camera-for-your-dog/

unless u own an Alsatian or some big dog, won't the gx100 be too heavy for it? :bsmilie:

I encounter blinking lights on the GX100 charger while charging.

It normally starts off with a solid green light, then later starts to blink some time later during charging. Off the main plug, re-sit the batt, and everything is ok. The batt is still able to charge.

Anyone encountered this also? Less than a week old only..

Status
Not open for further replies.