Any Photoshop Book to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlwang

Apr 9, 2002
Visit site
Hi everyone I am a newbie in Adobe Photoshop. Would like to find a book which focus on the following technique:

a) Making the photo sharper

b) Reducing Noise

c) Make complexion smoother

d) Make people look thinner :bsmilie:

Basically is there a Photoshop book which explain how to make a holiday photograph or potrait look nice, with steps by step instruction?

Alternatively is there any good Photoshop book to recommend? How much?

This topic has been discussed in this thread :
http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=83603

In the above thread, three books were mentioned during discussion :
1. The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby
2. Adobe Photoshop CS for Photographers by Martin Evening
3. Photoshop : Restoration & Retouching" by Katrin Eismann

mlwang said:
Hi everyone I am a newbie in Adobe Photoshop. Would like to find a book which focus on the following technique:

a) Making the photo sharper

b) Reducing Noise

c) Make complexion smoother

d) Make people look thinner :bsmilie:

Basically is there a Photoshop book which explain how to make a holiday photograph or potrait look nice, with steps by step instruction?

Alternatively is there any good Photoshop book to recommend? How much?

For c) and d), get a different model to solve your problem ... :bsmilie:

Dear Squid

Thanks for the useful information, think I will go for 1. The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby.

Dear Adam

c) and d) no choice, unless i dont take photo of myself hahahahaha :bsmilie:

unsharp mask, despeckle function should work. But there're TONS of photoshop books scanned into Acrobat *cough* entire book 200-600++ pages can be found in file sharing softwares if u want to save time.

i recently bought the Photoshop CS: Classroom in a Book. Good for newbies. to learn the tool. IMO. 25 only. :) first hand quality at sec hand price.

U all can go to BBC 1st floor there is 1-2 book store selling cheap PS books.... anyway PS cannot sharpen photo if your cam is lower the 3.2mp nutting is sharp and the technic on taking photo is important and also your shutter speed hee hee i'm still a newbie hmm... just wonder if you took a pic and edit in PS then consider a photo or digital art? :bsmilie:

If anyone is tempted to buy Adobe Press books, Photoshop CS: Classroom in a Book is almost strictly a guide on how to access and use the functions in PS CS.

If you are more interested in more intermediate techniques and topics, can try the Photoshop CS: Studio Techniques book by Ben Willmore.
Some of the topics in the books:
- Understanding curves
- Colour management
- Colour correction
- Advanced masking
- Retouching etc etc

In my opinion, it's a pretty good book on digital workflow and process for those who are interested in getting more out of their pictures. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.