Any Custom Desktop Shops to recommend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my dad threw away while in process of disposing my desktop away! :cry:

OUCH!~~~~~

But you can still get a 8500GT with 512 RAM for about $70. I think that is alot better then a 6600GT. In the first place where the hell did you manage to find a 6600GT??!!! that is like older then an old fart like me hehehehheeh

Hey I am still using my 8600GT and I am happy with it. It still looks good and smoother then I play Gears Of War or even quite good in Crysis. And this on my wide screen LCD.

Last edited:
wah lao lor !

my heart broke into many pieces. 9500GT never fail me once for 4years. :cry::cry:

wah hey..can not be leh...95ooGT is very new leh! heheh you testing this old man knowledge of new boards izzit. heheh I think it is less then 1 year old or so. Especially if you got it cheap.

wah hey..can not be leh...95ooGT is very new leh! heheh you testing this old man knowledge of new boards izzit. heheh I think it is less then 1 year old or so. Especially if you got it cheap.

i dont know man, my box says one lea. 9500, 256Mb . erm but dont know why suddenly when i use its 9600GT

i also blur. dont know which one.

ASUS P4P800

Supported processors
Intel Pentium 4/Celeron (800/533/400MHz FSB, Hyper-Threading, Socket 478)

Chipset
Intel 865PE

FSB frequencies
100-400MHz (with 1MHz increment)

Overclocking friendly fucntions
Adjustable Vcore, Vmem and Vagp
Independently adjustable PCI frequency

Memory
4 DDR DIMM slots for dual-/single-channel DDR400/DDR333/DDR266 SDRAM

AGP slot
AGP 8x

Expansion slots (PCI/ACR/CNR)
5/0/0

USB 2.0 ports
8 (4 on the back panel)

IEEE1394 ports
None

ATA-100/133
2 ATA-100 channels

Serial ATA-150
2 Serial ATA-150 channels (via ICH5R, with RAID support)

Integrated IDE RAID controller
None

Integrated sound
Six-channel AC97 codec: Analog Devices AD1985

Integrated network
3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN

Additional features
ASUS WiFi slot

BIOS
AMI BIOS 2.51a

Form-factor
ATX, 305mm x 245mm

Dont know if its DDR3. . cos if can i buy Radeon 2600 Sonic Pro HD.
Anyone pls help me verify. Noob tech here

i dont know man, my box says one lea. 9500, 256Mb . erm but dont know why suddenly when i use its 9600GT

i also blur. dont know which one.

heheheh..the 9600GT is verynew in fact it is one of the fastest around and I just introduce like months ago locally.

Well if it is with you for 4 yrs..it was something else but also has 9600GT on it for some reason heheh

ASUS P4P800

Supported processors

Chipset
Intel 865PE

FSB frequencies

Overclocking friendly fucntions
Adjustable Vcore, Vmem and Vagp
Independently adjustable PCI frequency

Memory
4 DDR DIMM slots for dual-/single-channel DDR400/DDR333/DDR266 SDRAM

AGP slot
AGP 8x

5/0/0

USB 2.0 ports
8 (4 on the back panel)

IEEE1394 ports
None

ATA-100/133
2 ATA-100 channels

Serial ATA-150
2 Serial ATA-150 channels (via ICH5R, with RAID support)

Integrated IDE RAID controller
None

Integrated sound
Six-channel AC97 codec: Analog Devices AD1985

Integrated network
3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN

Additional features
ASUS WiFi slot

BIOS
AMI BIOS 2.51a

Form-factor
ATX, 305mm x 245mm

Brudder.... sorry to bring more bad news.

Your Motherboard is old. It is still using AGP. You have no PCI Express slot so majority of the boards are beyond your reach. You have to look at only ACP graphice board which means....very sad gamming speed, slower frame rate or lower resolution.

I saw one : PowerColor HD3850 512M D3 HDMI AGP........... $199

Last edited:
Brudder.... sorry to bring more bad news.

Your Motherboard is old. It is still using AGP. You have no PCI Express slot so majority of the boards are beyond your reach. You have to look at only ACP graphice board which means....very sad gamming speed, slower frame rate or lower resolution.

I saw one : PowerColor HD3850 512M D3 HDMI AGP........... $199

erm. meaning gaming frame per second wont be so smooth ?

Usually on my game i set Fps 100 to the max.

Bro...make sure anything you want to buy you check them all out to make sure they are compatible if not you bring all home to fix up and then you notice parts don't fit and some of this shops will not allow refund or exchange

erm. meaning gaming frame per second wont be so smooth ?

Usually on my game i set Fps 100 to the max.

Ya but if your motherboard don't have PCI express ...which yours you mentioned don't have...then you buy this board also no use. It will not fit inside your motherboard. heheh

YOu have to look only at AGP slot type grpahic card and to be honest..as that market is not big since most are using PCI express slot....they have kept the price high for all those looking to get another AGP slot type graphic cards.

AGP= Old tech PCI Express=NEW tech.

Also the reason why they give up on AGP is because it has reached it highest limit to allow faster data movement. So to get more data thru to improve generating visual and frame rate..etc ...PCI Express is now the new one. In fact there is already a new 2nd generation PCI Express for top end board.

In any case if your budget is tight..why are you looking at the sport car high price graphic card? heheh It will not be good also. It is not balance with the rest of your other computer parts. To run a fast graphic card you also still have to have a pretty fat CPU. RAm and NEWER MOTHERBOARD to support it.

Last edited:
Bro...make sure anything you want to buy you check them all out to make sure they are compatible if not you bring all home to fix up and then you notice parts don't fit and some of this shops will not allow refund or exchange
haha, i havent get my com yet. upon comfirmation with the seller.
Ya but if your motherboard don't have PCI express ...which yours you mentioned don't have...then you buy this board also no use. It will not fit inside your motherboard. heheh

YOu have to look only at AGP slot type grpahic card and to be honest..as that market is not big since most are using PCI express slot....they have kept the price high for all those looking to get another AGP slot type graphic cards.

Maybe i go seach for my "weird" ati radeon Gecube 9500 . :bsmilie:

haha, i havent get my com yet. upon comfirmation with the seller.

Maybe i go seach for my "weird" ati radeon Gecube 9500 . :bsmilie:

ah!!...Now I know what you talking about. Radeon series... no wonder. But it does not have "GT" lah heheh.. I also have one like that but mine is the Radeon 9550 from Gigabyte. I still have it. It is not bad in fact better then yours but it is still slow compare to what is available and it is one I only run on lower resolution as to high the frame rate drop. I usually play game at 800 x 600 at 24bit. With my new card I am playing at 1680 x 1050 at 32 bit colours heheh...

ASUS P4P800

Supported processors

FSB frequencies

AGP slot
AGP 8x

5/0/0

See your specification you mentioned: ( what I highlight)

Damm. . .

so any nvida that is APG still around, which model ? 8000 series and below ?

JUst like any old technology...they slower but surely stop production of it and this is not just because less people buy them. The REAL FACT is they are too slow to handle all the higher frame rate. data transfer....etc. So it is a dying tech that support also no use. So what you can find in the market that is still AGP...well they are all too damn slow for gamming. But are fine for normal office work and even photo editing to a great extend. Sorry but that is just the way it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.