AHH!! Tomorrow is first Event shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the mistake many might make: trigger happy.
Anyway, I mean shoot more and get to know your camera, yourself, your subjects and your surroundings better. You can shoot anything and everything, as long as you can justify to yourself, y not?

$ is always a factor lor, just that how majpr/minor a role it plays.

That's why i say in a few years time.
IMHO, EOS 888 is simply a P&S, you'll need something more than that to better see the effects and features of shooting.

OzOn3 said:
shooting more will justify the cost meh? I don't think so ar. If i trigger happy, just shoot anything and everything, don't make sense right? Heh.. I guess more time is needed on this topic of upgrading! Cause muny is hard to come by!

I guess for me, kinda like a two sided thing.. Haa. As in, upgrading got both good and bad points, personally. heh.

Wha lau, full-frame dSLR.. maybe in a few YEARS time.. Haa.. Shooting is fun. Shooting people's expressions even more fun. Haa. but i scared ar.. Oh, thanks for your offer, but i've got a SLR at home.. Heh.. It's a EOS 888 :D

Maybe i should get my hand on some film and start seeing the effects.. Heh..

I realized something, the topic should be, "yesterday was my first event shoot".. hahaha

meng said:
that's the mistake many might make: trigger happy.
Anyway, I mean shoot more and get to know your camera, yourself, your subjects and your surroundings better. You can shoot anything and everything, as long as you can justify to yourself, y not?

Heh.. Ok, i get what you mean.. :D

meng said:
That's why i say in a few years time.
IMHO, EOS 888 is simply a P&S, you'll need something more than that to better see the effects and features of shooting.

It must have slipped past my mind.. Haa. Yeah, i read pages, they said EOS888 is P&S in a SLR clothing.. Haa.. Maybe i'll take my friend's FM10 to try.. Heh Heh..

:)
FM10 good good:)
OzOn3 said:
Heh.. Ok, i get what you mean.. :D

It must have slipped past my mind.. Haa. Yeah, i read pages, they said EOS888 is P&S in a SLR clothing.. Haa.. Maybe i'll take my friend's FM10 to try.. Heh Heh..

OzOn3 said:
Eh, i thinking of buying the D30 (even before i rented it).. Heh. But i scared too expensive.. Then later interest die after awhile.. Also on the same note, no one wants to buy my A70!! I wanna sell it to finance the next purchase!! I thought of shooting film, but i figured it'll be cheaper in the long run to use digital. Heh.. Seriously ar, i hope i can get more assignments. Was pretty fun. Except i had to go low when i run around.. Haa.. Oh, shooting straight for 4 hours, having a 30 minutes break, then another 4 hours is not easy. Haa. But i guess it was fun! :D

Nothing beats weilding the camera that you want :D
D30 is a very capable cam IMO. Did you take any test shots wif it before the event started? If so, maybe you could have noticed that the shots were underexposed/dark and adjusted the ISO accordingly. Well...I too have been guilty of such mistakes sometimes tho... :sweat: Treat it as a good learning experience. :)

It's up to you whether you wanna go for film or digital. Maybe as meng had suggested, you could borrow/rent a film slr to shoot a few rolls and see whether you like it or not, and experience the difference between handling a film slr and a DSLR, and see which format you prefer. Of course budget plays a large part too.

That's the danger of using a new equipment that you're not familiar with.... IMO, it's best to use something that you're comfortable and used to when covering events... Then you wouldn't make silly mistake like not setting the correct ISO....

HEheheheheh :D

Garion said:
D30 is a very capable cam IMO. Did you take any test shots wif it before the event started? If so, maybe you could have noticed that the shots were underexposed/dark and adjusted the ISO accordingly. Well...I too have been guilty of such mistakes sometimes tho... :sweat: Treat it as a good learning experience. :)

It's up to you whether you wanna go for film or digital. Maybe as meng had suggested, you could borrow/rent a film slr to shoot a few rolls and see whether you like it or not, and experience the difference between handling a film slr and a DSLR, and see which format you prefer. Of course budget plays a large part too.

Yeah, D30 indeed is capable. It was the system behind the camera that faltered. But the rehearsal shots turned out rather good i think. Heh. I must have overlooked the fact, or rather, was too complacent. My friend probably changed the ISO while looking at it..

Well, it was good experience. Many people stared at me while i was shooting them!! So scary! I shot them anyways! Haa.

Kira said:
That's the danger of using a new equipment that you're not familiar with.... IMO, it's best to use something that you're comfortable and used to when covering events... Then you wouldn't make silly mistake like not setting the correct ISO....

HEheheheheh :D

That's probably one factor. But the other factor is try to be confident!! When you start shooting the event, and something turns out wrong, you'll just think it's always the shutter and aperture!! Haa.. Guess that's because i'm a newbie.. Heh.

MUST REMEMBER NOW!!! :sweatsm:

OzOn3 said:
That's probably one factor. But the other factor is try to be confident!! When you start shooting the event, and something turns out wrong, you'll just think it's always the shutter and aperture!! Haa.. Guess that's because i'm a newbie.. Heh.

MUST REMEMBER NOW!!! :sweatsm:

Just remember next time that you're there to do your job. Don't be bother by those angry stares or things like that.... Remember this if you don't do your job and screw up the shoots, you'll be blame, not the guest/ppl there. So just shoot like they're not there.... Unless it's some restriction on shooting VIP or senertive items, etc, etc. Do check with the organiser if there's such restriction....

Kira said:
Just remember next time that you're there to do your job. Don't be bother by those angry stares or things like that.... Remember this if you don't do your job and screw up the shoots, you'll be blame, not the guest/ppl there. So just shoot like they're not there.... Unless it's some restriction on shooting VIP or senertive items, etc, etc. Do check with the organiser if there's such restriction....

Haa, that was what i thought too :D .. Well, i guess the day has passed. Time to get over my mistakes, and learn from them. I'll post the better ones soon, i think.. Heh.. Thanks guys for the advices!! :D

OzOn3 said:
Haa.. Just a passing remark. Cause i was planning to get a pair of sneakers.. Heh heh... Gotta put things on hold! =x

that's some VERY expensive sneakers you're talking about, or you sure sound like you're buying shoes in bulk! :D

Great to hear you rented a DSLR for the event shoot.

IMHO, A70 will be push to the limit for concert shoot.

B4 you get a D30, ask yourself how often you will be using it to justify the cost.
Becos soon you might be craving for more and 'better' lenses.

I think you can try renting / loan a DSLR/SLR/lens for now to try out various settings/different film BEFORE the next offical event shoot.

why?

1) so that you can be familiar with the settings of that specific camera.
2) see whether the lens suits your style of shooting (is it too heavy? AF speed ok, etc)

happy shooting!

Snowcrash said:
Great to hear you rented a DSLR for the event shoot.

IMHO, A70 will be push to the limit for concert shoot.

B4 you get a D30, ask yourself how often you will be using it to justify the cost.
Becos soon you might be craving for more and 'better' lenses.

I think you can try renting / loan a DSLR/SLR/lens for now to try out various settings/different film BEFORE the next offical event shoot.

why?

1) so that you can be familiar with the settings of that specific camera.
2) see whether the lens suits your style of shooting (is it too heavy? AF speed ok, etc)

happy shooting!

Hey Thanks!! That was what i have in mind too!! Maybe i should do just that. Just rent dSLRs/Lens for the time being. Should probably move on only when i feel that my time has come.. Hee hee.

Oh ya, must make a mental note to check ALL the settings before a shoot too. Cannot repeat the same mistake again.

Status
Not open for further replies.