AF 20mm 2.8D lens misalignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"a good 2nd hand copy" :)

hehe i get your point... if it proves elusive then maybe a DD electronics grey for $730+

then again, my objective is to have a mostly prime budget FX set up (and a tamron 28-75 for obligatory event shoots for work events)

sorry i so ngeow. guess it shows in my avatar

avsquare said:
I believe that it's the property of the lens. The 20mm f/2.8D lens have poor performance at the corner/borders. It will be worse if it's on a FX camera. It only gets slightly better when stopped down to f/5.6 and narrower. Like bro Kit advised, if you're not comfortable and need better corner performance, look for something else.

Come on the lens is not so bad that one eighth of the frame is out of focus and its the property of the lens. I use this on D700, D300 and D800 and the lens never did that to me. This is likely a misaligned lens.

My main complain on the lens is the light fall out and somewhat soft wide open. Compared it against the 20-35 AFD, but sometimes it is not fair, 62mm filter vs, 77mm, tiny lens vs very large lens and less than half the price.

Last edited:
in any case TCW's technician can't get it fixed till 2013, and 85 1.8G is not in stock till 2013.

:dunno:

in any case TCW's technician can't get it fixed till 2013, and 85 1.8G is not in stock till 2013.

:dunno:

oh dear, they can't offer you a refund? no other options?

oh dear, they can't offer you a refund? no other options?

can't refund because i paid through visa, however they managed to magically source for 85 1.8G, supposed to go pick up a copy today this afternoon

can't refund because i paid through visa, however they managed to magically source for 85 1.8G, supposed to go pick up a copy today this afternoon

Good luck with it! ;)

thanks!

just got back... they managed to rush the 20mm repair... still not in optimal optical condition although the original problem is alleviated... so i took the 85 1.8 G instead :)

case closed. maybe someday I'll get another copy of the 20mm...

Status
Not open for further replies.