About Tianya Filter

The better is that you purchase Cokin P filters sets instead of tian ya's.. Good setup instead.. Full ND 4 & 8 / GND 4 & 8 / CPL/ Gradual sunset / Soft filter. etc.. Should be enough for you as a beginner.. Maybe you can purchase some accessories from Cokin like Filter hood, Wide angle holder, pouch for carriage. etc.. Cokin is a very good type of filter system.

p/s: I'm formerly a Tian Ya square filter user. Now switch completely to Cokin P Series. Do not waste your money to invest something that is not worth it, then at the end you may need to upgrade to a better one... I'm a good example.. Wasted almost 200 Bucks for Tian Ya's filter.

how much would it cost for a starter set of cokin P series including hood... thanks!

I've went to op and artworkfoto but their tianya gnd out of stock. Any idea where else I can get? Prefer to buy and test on the spot rather than online and deliver. I know tago has it as well but the guy says strictly delivery only.

MyMonsterCamera...

Simi soft edge?

I tot all square filters have hard edges?

He means the graduation, the edge where the dark becomes clear. There is hard edge graduation and soft edge graduation.

Tianya's GND is sort of in the middle. Cokin offers both hard and soft edge. You can also try Hitech filters, which also comes in 85mm size.

Last edited:
I'm using 15-85, not 18-55... Its on a 72mm diameter

hi

i think the wide adapter is only for uwa... so u don't need it..

Not really. 15mm is quite wide and the lens diameter also plays a part for some lenses.

You can try out both. But if I am you, I would just go for the Wide Angle holder and get it over with. Or you can buy both. Each holder is less than $20. Might as well.

I've went to op and artworkfoto but their tianya gnd out of stock. Any idea where else I can get? Prefer to buy and test on the spot rather than online and deliver. I know tago has it as well but the guy says strictly delivery only.

Or you can just forget 85mm filters and jump direct to 100mm filters (hitech and Lee). :devil:

p/s: I'm formerly a Tian Ya square filter user. Now switch completely to Cokin P Series. Do not waste your money to invest something that is not worth it, then at the end you may need to upgrade to a better one... I'm a good example.. Wasted almost 200 Bucks for Tian Ya's filter.

how many filters do you have?
I cannot imagine how you can spend 200 on Tian ya

:dunno:

He means the graduation, the edge where the dark becomes clear. There is hard edge graduation and soft edge graduation.

Tianya's GND is sort of in the middle. Cokin offers both hard and soft edge. You can also try Hitech filters, which also comes in 85mm size.

How much does Hitech filters go for roughly?

Where can I buy them from?

Thanks Daredevil123

How much does Hitech filters go for roughly?

Where can I buy them from?

Thanks Daredevil123

You can get Hitech and Lee filters at TK foto.

You can get Hitech 100mm GND set (0.3, 0.6, 0.9 - 3 pcs) for $200. Filter holder and adapter ring shoud run you around 200. If you get Lee, the foundation kit (holder) and ring adapter together will run you around 250.

Lee, Hitech 100mm and Cokin Z series, all can hold any brand's 100mm filters. Including Singh-ray's.

if you buy all the color, is possible. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I think u need to buy both the coloured and their grad versions to hit 200bucks
:bsmilie:

You can get Hitech and Lee filters at TK foto.

You can get Hitech 100mm GND set (0.3, 0.6, 0.9 - 3 pcs) for $200. Filter holder and adapter ring shoud run you around 200. If you get Lee, the foundation kit (holder) and ring adapter together will run you around 250.

Lee, Hitech 100mm and Cokin Z series, all can hold any brand's 100mm filters. Including Singh-ray's.

Ok, so 85mm x 85mm only applies to Tianya and Cokin P series, is that correct?

Meaning to say, Tianya Filter Holders/Filters will work with Cokin P Filter Holders/Filter, vice versa

yes, i have a tianya gnd.. the graduation is soft.. and it is very obvious in your pic... the whole world know u r using a gnd... i prefer the cokin hard edge... but the color cast :thumbsd:

yes, i have a tianya gnd.. the graduation is soft.. and it is very obvious in your pic... the whole world know u r using a gnd... i prefer the cokin hard edge... but the color cast :thumbsd:

Hmm.. whats wrong with letting people know ur using gnd? Haha.. Or u want people to know u using photoshop? Either way, we seek to enhance photos, so ya.. who cares :thumbsup:

Actually, if you using it properly, most of the time people can't tell a GND is used.

Both hard edge and soft edge has it uses. I use soft edges more.

Ok, so 85mm x 85mm only applies to Tianya and Cokin P series, is that correct?

Meaning to say, Tianya Filter Holders/Filters will work with Cokin P Filter Holders/Filter, vice versa

ND are mostly square (85 x 85). But GND are never square, but rectangular with a width of 85mm but length is much longer.

Hmm.. whats wrong with letting people know ur using gnd? Haha.. Or u want people to know u using photoshop? Either way, we seek to enhance photos, so ya.. who cares :thumbsup:

GND, photoshop... all do not matter. What matters is the final picture and what is presented to the viewer.

In the film days, people do a lot of manipulation in the darkroom. How different is that from photoshop today?

if u see my tianya then u will know what i meant...

i am not saying we should not let others know we are using gnd...