A500/550 Users .... Come in!!!

hope I'm not asking in the wrong section, anyone keen to share the current price for A500? going to sell mine, but dunno the current market price :(

lets discuss more into technical Qs.. Here is my dilemma ..

Do you use DRO AUTO all the time? i find it in some situation its not that good.

lets discuss more into technical Qs.. Here is my dilemma ..

Do you use DRO AUTO all the time? i find it in some situation its not that good.

Like you mentioned, it's not the panacea for all situations. I turn it off sometimes for more contrasty feeling. Brightening everything up may do damaged to the dull mood sometimes you want to portray. This is just one example. However, you can always fine tune your jpeg during post processing. If you shoot jpeg only DRO seems to be a good choice since it's done in camera from raw data, which results in less noise than post processing with jpeg.

Hi I'm new to Sony system just got my A550. Coming from a camera with a top lcd, i thought it would be hard to familiarize w the controls and it's not, i'm so happy with this camera especially the dynamic range and the hdr mode.

Happy shooting to all 500 & 550 Sony users..

31841_121500967873308_100000402156104_175075_3267143_n.jpg

Love my A550 when it comes to zoom power; shot taken with my 70-300G on A550!

Hi I'm new to Sony system just got my A550. Coming from a camera with a top lcd, i thought it would be hard to familiarize w the controls and it's not, i'm so happy with this camera especially the dynamic range and the hdr mode.

Happy shooting to all 500 & 550 Sony users..

Congrats and welcome to the Alpha family.
Hope to see you in our outings soon. ;)

hi guys, I have a A500 with a 18 - 55mm lens kit too...

where do you guys get the lens hood and does anyone use battery grip along with it?

Hi, planning to get a550 at the end of this month. Glad to join the family soon.

Bye, a350.

Many thanks Galdor, surely I will. Will just have to fllow this thread. :)

Congrats and welcome to the Alpha family.
Hope to see you in our outings soon. ;)

Love my A550 But it got the FFB ( first Frame Black ) problem... been send once to SSC but they did not fix it, finally decided to send it again last sunday... till today no response from Sony Side.. =(

Love my A550 But it got the FFB ( first Frame Black ) problem... been send once to SSC but they did not fix it, finally decided to send it again last sunday... till today no response from Sony Side.. =(

ohh man that is bad.. hope to hear good news

No worry buddy, Sony Service had done real good service during my last two experience, and the last one, when I complaint that my SAL2875 on my A850 had back focusing issues, I had my camera body sent in for calibration as well - they changed the prism FOC for me at the end of the day. And I got Clear sharp image at both ends of the zoom lens.
Yours, probably, is still waiting for the spare parts to come in for replacement or sort of. In anyway, you can just call them up (contact is on your service receipt), they will get the technician to get back to you soon!