A500/550 Users .... Come in!!!

can anyones show some photos shot with A550 HDR setting?

can anyones show some photos shot with A550 HDR setting?

Here is A500 HDR .. resize only no PP

ISO800
dsc00142h.jpg

ISO1600
dsc00152tm.jpg

HDR reduces noise by 1 stop :)

Hi, I wonder if anyone else noticed this in their A500/A550. I have an A500 + VG and when I half press the shutter button of the body, I don't feel any feedback that I've already half pressed it. But when using my VG, I can feel that I've half pressed the shutter button.

I'm also have an A200 so I'm used to being able to feel some feedback when half pressing the shutter button.

I checked the display in Sony Style and looks like it has the same problem. I feel it's a defect because the body and VG shutter buttons are inconsistent. Are all A500/A550 like this?

Hi, I wonder if anyone else noticed this in their A500/A550. I have an A500 + VG and when I half press the shutter button of the body, I don't feel any feedback that I've already half pressed it. But when using my VG, I can feel that I've half pressed the shutter button.

I'm also have an A200 so I'm used to being able to feel some feedback when half pressing the shutter button.

I checked the display in Sony Style and looks like it has the same problem. I feel it's a defect because the body and VG shutter buttons are inconsistent. Are all A500/A550 like this?

My A500 don't have such a problem. Both my camera body and VG are responsive when I pressed the shutter halfway, unless you have switch the lens to manual focus mode, otherwise you should bring the camera to Sony for checking.

A550:thumbsup:

My A500 don't have such a problem. Both my camera body and VG are responsive when I pressed the shutter halfway, unless you have switch the lens to manual focus mode, otherwise you should bring the camera to Sony for checking.

Hi! I think what gling is saying is that for the 500, to get half shutter, you merely need to touch the shutter button (or a very light touch) whereas on the VG, there is a clear half shutter point much like other cameras around. I don't think he's talking about whether the button works or not, but rather the feel. (correct me if i'm wrong though)

I get that too on my 500 (and also on the displays at sonystyle), was quite surprised actually, but adapted my finger to it...

For Alpha 500 users, how do you all do selective focusing.?

Yesterday, saw Sony selling A500 with a free vertical grip and a free $100 lens voucher at $1299 and A550 with a free $100 lens voucher at $1399.

Which one is better in value ? The difference between them is the LCD, Megapixel and the speed, anything else ?
i rather u gt a550 better cos i using it lol :D 3'' LCD screen 7fps,iso 12800,hdr and it's a very cool awesome camera i get firstly :)

Hai there to all;

I'm new here & recently i just bought A500 for a start as a hobby. I kinda of new in this photography. Hope u guys can give me the gurus or guidelines on what kind of factors to look for before & after taking pictures...

Cheers...:D:D:D

Hai there to all;

I'm new here & recently i just bought A500 for a start as a hobby. I kinda of new in this photography. Hope u guys can give me the gurus or guidelines on what kind of factors to look for before & after taking pictures...

welcome to Sony :) .. i am aslo consider newbie here and wanna learn frm CSers

Hai there to all;

Hello...welcome to the Alpha family.

Looking forward to see you in our outings soon. ;)