2009 FORMULA 1 ING BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 30 August 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
S. Vettel has 1 more engine only!!! This one at Spa is his last engine.

I tink he can kiss his driver championship chances good buy liao...how to last >1/3 of the season on 1 engine? :sweat:

Hey guys i think there is some confusion. Vettel is left with 2 fresh engines for the remaining six races. But its still quite bad as Spa and Monza are circuits that brings alot of punishment to the engines.

Read from Vettel dilemma.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/08/25/red-bull-face-vettel-engine-dilemma/

Yeah, Rubens is actually an interesting character. Spent most his F1 career under shadow of Michael. Now he's getting fiesty, yeah!!

i'm all for barichello,

he's a great driver,

hopefully mclaren will not do well this weekend,

and let's hope badoer will get at least a 10th place.

wish force india best of luck for their first points

Yeah, Rubens is actually an interesting character. Spent most his F1 career under shadow of Michael. Now he's getting fiesty, yeah!!

i've always admired barichello

and since i've started watching F1 in 2004,

i could see he was really good,

just that it's unfortunate he has been overshadowed by micheal,

and now (to a certain extent) jenson.

you look at his past records, with a good car,

he has had good races and a hell lot of points.

hopefully he wins this year, or by 2011,

so he can have a championship b4 he retires.

Hey guys i think there is some confusion. Vettel is left with 2 fresh engines for the remaining six races. But its still quite bad as Spa and Monza are circuits that brings alot of punishment to the engines.

Read from Vettel dilemma.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/08/25/red-bull-face-vettel-engine-dilemma/

yes, you are right, my bad. :embrass:

Quote from http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=46685:

Vettel started last weekend’s race on the fifth of the maximum eight power units drivers are permitted to use during the whole season, but that Renault V8 failed in final practice before the replacement sixth engine then blew in the race.

and i've pushed his car to safety during the Spore F1 GP last year.

and i've watched him threw his gloves to the crowd but they landed elsewhere... i wanted to laugh but controlled myself. what a guy.

Vettel started last weekend’s race on the fifth of the maximum eight power units drivers are permitted to use during the whole season, but that Renault V8 failed in final practice before the replacement sixth engine then blew in the race.

Yeah so now he faces a big problem. Use engine 7 at Spa and engine 8 at Monza. Good luck to him. I think red bull are better off supporting Webber fully for the drivers championship.

and i've watched him threw his gloves to the crowd but they landed elsewhere... i wanted to laugh but controlled myself. what a guy.

Yes! The wind blew and it dropped into the gap between the Esplanade Bridge, into the Singapore River!! Litter bug...

Oh yeah, Rubens had a disappointing year last year. Not sure if you noticed, from upclose, the Honda cars had a very "rough" gear shifting sound.

No mishaps at the turn I was allocated last year (turn 5).

Oh, so it's 2 more engines to go.

Chanced across a webpage that showed the chassis number the drivers used for each race, as well as the mileage covered with each engine. Didn't bookmark it tho'. :(

He's one who used to quietly gets the job done. Guess he can't contain his frustration anymore! :bsmilie:

i've always admired barichello

and since i've started watching F1 in 2004,

i could see he was really good,

just that it's unfortunate he has been overshadowed by micheal,

and now (to a certain extent) jenson.

you look at his past records, with a good car,

he has had good races and a hell lot of points.

hopefully he wins this year, or by 2011,

so he can have a championship b4 he retires.

yea, the man's talented but just at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong teammate.

Any live channel, or free to air channel for qualifying and race? Now really *itchy* to watch the race action.

Can tune into NTV7, but it's delayed telecast.

Q2 of qualifying on the way now!

Surprise surprise!

Starting grid:

Pole - Fisichella
2 -Trulli
3- Heidfeld
4. Rubens
5. Kubica
6. Kimi
7. Glock
8. Vettel
9. Webber
10. Rosberg
11. Sutil
12. Ham
13. Alonso
14. Button
15. Kovalainen
16. Buemi
17. Alguersuari
18. Nakajima
19. Grosjean
20. Badoer

Force India's FIRST ever pole! :thumbsup:

Mclaren's weakness in the high speed corners were really exposed today. Although they were fast in Sectors 1 & 3, however they are approx 0.8secs off in Sector 2, which comprises mainly the 6th gear Turn 10/11 Pouhon double left hander complex to be taken almost at 260 km/h and the 4th gear Turn 12/13 Fagnes taken at 170km/h.

Tomorrow's race, expect Trulli & Barrichello to fight for the win. Fisichella i strongly believe they are lower on fuel.

Agree, it seems the lap time differences came mainly from S2.

Let's wait for the car weights to be announced later.

wah... Force India!!! :thumbsup:

i hope they will get some points after the race. may the force be with them.

and i think it's high time to replace Badoer in the next race. it's disheartening to see a Ferrari in first position from the back.

and i also hope Barrichello will continue his winning streak. maybe he can show a thing or two to his arrogant team mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.