Canon 500d or 550d

What you focus on needs to have enough contrast for the AF to work. Try using the centre focus. If all else fails, switch to manual focus.

Well you also can use an alternate light sources (e.g. torch light) on subject with AF den switch to MF after focused den off the light source and click u are done =D....hope this help, just my two cents worth;)

However is buying at MS color save? Its a dealer shop right? Based on the price list in the forum, MS color is selling 550D dead cheap as compared to previous IT fairs and roadshows.

I think you should go down to Funan to check out. The prices es there are very competitive, not much difference. If you are looking for the Kit 1, you should expect $1290 or a Kit 2 $1650.

Just thought that this might help those people who are serious about photography and deciding on getting these consumer level camera. If you're really into photography as in not just using it as a Point and Shoot, then I suggest getting Kit 2 for the 18 - 135mm f3.5 - 5.6 Lens, the 18 - 55 Kit 1 Lens is really not reliable. Hope it helps since no one brought this up in this thread. ;)

Hmm. On the contrary, unless you are a poor student, or you have a tight budget (if you're working, spend more to spend less, please), I wouldn't suggest the 18-135mm lens. Personally with a little more budget I would have chosen something better, but I had to get the 18-135mm because I've broken the bank and nothing more to break already!

Go with something long term IMO, if you have more to spare. But I don't suggest buying "any" good lens without a proper tripod setup and a budget for flash, simply because it will not do justice to the red rings.

my 2.5 cents.

Hmm. On the contrary, unless you are a poor student, or you have a tight budget (if you're working, spend more to spend less, please), I wouldn't suggest the 18-135mm lens. Personally with a little more budget I would have chosen something better, but I had to get the 18-135mm because I've broken the bank and nothing more to break already!

Go with something long term IMO, if you have more to spare. But I don't suggest buying "any" good lens without a proper tripod setup and a budget for flash, simply because it will not do justice to the red rings.

my 2.5 cents.

hmmm... does the 18-135mm comes at quite a high price? $100+ region??
thought of getting it as a start line or something and learn from there.

18-135mm cost abt 500

Mine cost more... Cause mine is a 18-55L. ;)

I put a red rubber band around it.... :)

No lah. $120 + $2.50. $2.50 is where you buy chicken rice packet, it comes with a red rubber band.