Your camera 6 megapixels ONLY ah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no need to explain the sensor size theory. I just mirror lock up and show.
and say "you think your sensor so big? I think my sensor probably bigger than your front element (or glass)."

yanyewkay said:
no need to explain the sensor size theory. I just mirror lock up and show.
and say "you think your sensor so big? I think my sensor probably bigger than your front element (or glass)."

Well Siad :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

synapseman said:
I want to get a DSLR. Am eyeing a particular model. Someone asks me (and I have no doubt more people will ask in the future), "Why you want to buy 6 megapixels? Nowadays got 8 megapixels already what...."

Are you comparing 350D and D70s? :think:

hazmee said:
Hi Synapseman,

The digital bug has finally hit you huh? Oh well, your tokina 19-35 might feel a little weird on the 1.6 crop. Anyway, Minolta 5D seems like a great combo with your tokina.

Back to the topic, if any salesmen ask me those silly questions, I'll just I am a student so budget constraint. Not that student from CS though(no offence, just kidding!). Cheers!

Actually, I've been using the Dimage A2, and the 7Hi before that. Some people are wondering why I'm "downgrading" from "8 to 6 megapixels". Am still definitely going to keep the 19-35 for my Dynax 60. The D5D will come with an 18-70mm lens, so I guess that's quite decent.

kiwi2 said:
Oh 2nd hand!

Just show 'em your pics... If they (or u yrself) are not convinced, then time to work on your skills. ;p

Nay. It's the Dynax 5D. Just hit the market. I'm totally hyped. For the first time, I can finally own a DSLR! (Poor civil servant lah, what to do...?)

Venom81 said:
Are you comparing 350D and D70s? :think:

Laypeople comparing compact cameras with 7/8 megapixels (on 1/1.8" or 2/3" CCD) with DSLRs.

Blame it on the marketing people. I say they're really the smartest people on the planet. They can sell ANYTHING to ANYONE! :) So, they've managed to convince much of the entire human race that a camera's performance can be measured with a single number.

It's amazing that companies keep churning out "new" models that have 1 million more pixels than the previous one, and suddenly the 4mp camera is no good compared to the 5mp one.

OK, maybe going a bit off-tangent here. I guess many people have seen Ken Rockwell's site already, but I feel this particular section of his is worth mentioning again.

The Megapixel Myth - why there is little difference between camera resolutions

synapseman said:
pixels are those little imaginary creatures in fairy tales, flying around with their magic wands, spreading magic dust...

erm... dats pixies, not pixels. :bsmilie:

my 1D is only 4mp. lol :bsmilie:

those with D2H or D2Hs even more dui rite, more expensive than the 6mp DSLR & 8mp prosumer yet got lesser mp than them,... 4MP only... but can haolian... mine can make Animated GIF, den on came another joker with prosumer say, can yours record sound? mine make movie clips lor... lol...

anyway, just tell them the sensor size lah, its the quality of the sensor that counts, not the quantity of the mp...

My 6 megapixel camera is bigger than your 1D or D2h 4 megapixel can count. Ridiculous right??? Cheers!

OT a bit: What do you guys think of my new avatar?

darn! i'm still stuck with my 2.1mp :(

synapseman said:
I want to get a DSLR. Am eyeing a particular model. Someone asks me (and I have no doubt more people will ask in the future), "Why you want to buy 6 megapixels? Nowadays got 8 megapixels already what...."

Is there a convenient/easy way to explain the differences between a DSLR and a compact/prosumer camera? I'm kinda tired having to explain the concept of sensor sizes to laypeople every time they ask me the same question (which usually follows "your camera how many megapixels?").

What would you do/say?

how about "its not how big you are...its how good you are..."? :bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:
Geckorian said:
darn! i'm still stuck with my 2.1mp :(
har? so high? i only got 65k colours... :embrass:
MP has got nothing to do with colours.;p
If yours is 65k colours that means each pixel is only 16bit instead of the usual 24bit.

synapseman said:

Is there a convenient/easy way to explain the differences between a DSLR and a compact/prosumer camera? I'm kinda tired having to explain the concept of sensor sizes to laypeople every time they ask me the same question (which usually follows "your camera how many megapixels?").

What would you do/say?

Was that person Singaporean?:bsmilie:

Last year when I told people that it's 6 megapixels, they :bigeyes:
Now they can say "even the small camera has more megapixels"
Then I ask.. what for?

Status
Not open for further replies.