would u give up your seats for someone who needs it more than u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shared responsibility lah...

if a kid had a fall and cry on the roadside...

if there is only 1 person around, that person will either help or not...

but if 10 people around that area, might not have anyone helping, cos each will think, if i dun help... still got 9 person... 1/10 of the share of responsibility...

You sure they have this mentality?

Sometimes it's karma, what goes around comes around, I've noticed that Singapore woman rarely gives their seat to another pregnant lady.

I don't expect anything after giving up my seat but sometimes it makes me look stupid, for example a few weeks ago, I gave my seat to a pregnant lady and she didn't even say thank you. You know what she was doing in the train, she's giving herself a 100% make up of her face.

There're people who gives their seats to the needy but you don't see people clamouring to take a photo to put it up on Stomp as it's not newsworthy.

Sometimes it's karma, what goes around comes around, I've noticed that Singapore woman rarely gives their seat to another pregnant lady.

I don't expect anything after giving up my seat but sometimes it makes me look stupid, for example a few weeks ago, I gave my seat to a pregnant lady and she didn't even say thank you. You know what she was doing in the train, she's giving herself a 100% make up of her face.

There're people who gives their seats to the needy but you don't see people clamouring to take a photo to put it up on Stomp as it's not newsworthy.

Need not everything must have returns, just do what you feel it's "Right". Do with your heart.:)

Sorry OT.
seen ladies or women or whatever they being called, putting make-up even on crowded train.
Doing like nobody business as if doing it at home in front of their dressing table.
They just don't care and bothered people looking at them...rather glamorous?:confused:
No time doing at home?.Late for work? or trying to show-offs their face the difference before and after make-up...swee boh???.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

i would give up my seat to the ppl who need it more than me. i must confess that there are times i dun(usually with my gf). i never really look back after giving up the seat. some ppl (most the old) would thank then i would smile back, if i am still in the train they would ask me to sit if they get off before me(usually i dun).
there are also some who thinks the world owns them a seats. there was once i gave up my seat for a elderly a distance away. i went to call her, then this other woman sat down and played stupid. lol that is singapore for you. only found here and no where else.
I am a strong believer of Karma. all i can say is
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

if u see someone old or a pregnant lady would u give up your seat, say on the public transport, even though u're dead tired?

sadly, most ppl i see daily in the train either pretend to be asleep or pretend to be engrossed in reading something.... :sticktong

For me is that if i want to sit must prepare to give up seat if i m not williing to give up seat then just stand dun sit thats me!:bsmilie:

Sorry OT.
seen ladies or women or whatever they being called, putting make-up even on crowded train.
Doing like nobody business as if doing it at home in front of their dressing table.
They just don't care and bothered people looking at them...rather glamorous?:confused:
No time doing at home?.Late for work? or trying to show-offs their face the difference before and after make-up...swee boh???.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

its advertisement... see the brand of makeup they use, life performance.

I remembered quite some time ago, I gave up my seat for a pregnant lady. She was very upset and said she wasn't pregnant. I was awarded the laser eye after that. Everyone in the train just chuckled away. LOL!

Another recent incident, I gave up my seat for an old man, a boy rushed in to sit. I said to the boy it was for the old man. The boy's mum being very defensive calmly said to me, "First come first serve. Sorry. Go away. Don't disturb my son or will call the police." Gave me the laser eye then folded her arms. I just shook my head in disgust. Well at least I had a good chat with the old man who is also an avid photographer.

Life's like that sometimes. But I would give up my seat unconditionally.

I remembered quite some time ago, I gave up my seat for a pregnant lady. She was very upset and said she wasn't pregnant. I was awarded the laser eye after that. Everyone in the train just chuckled away. LOL!

Remember next time if in doubt give Urine Test first. :bsmilie:

Yr title said someone who needs it more than me so if I'm dead tired.. den that person must be dying liao.

I always gives up my seat to old ppl, pregnant (real or false ones) and kids. That was years ago.

Now after experiencing a few times on MRT with 2 sleeping kids, and no one give up their seats for them, I think twice. I have adapted to Singapore and live by the culture here. Only very frial old ppl and really pregnant (almost due ones) will get my seats. Sorry but its a cruel world here. Those who cannot stand on the MRT should not board the MRT during peak period.

Maybe SMRT should have reduced fare for peak period and remove all the seats to allow more passanger to board.

I always gives up my seat to old ppl, pregnant (real or false ones) and kids. That was years ago.

Now after experiencing a few times on MRT with 2 sleeping kids, and no one give up their seats for them, I think twice. I have adapted to Singapore and live by the culture here. Only very frial old ppl and really pregnant (almost due ones) will get my seats. Sorry but its a cruel world here.

Hi DeSwitch,

Hope you will be like you years ago, need not to adapted the culture or what. Just be yourself.

We should not stop it even if we know it's "impossible to be done" when we know it for good cause, right? It's never about the outcome, it about the process.

Everywhere need :heart:

Life's like that sometimes. But I would give up my seat unconditionally.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

When her son grow up, he will feel sad for the mother about this incident.

Is there any otehr answer?

YES, of course.

Have to agree that pregnant woman normally don't pay compliment after recieving the seat.

Maybe we are to used to be indifferent in our society.
We seldom say
"Please"
"Thanks"
"Welcome"

Everything is "Cuse Mee!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.