Wisdom Tooth Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck!

I'm going next week. All 4 plus operation on one molar. 5 teeth altogether. :cry: :cry: :sweat:

Poor thing... your cheeks will be damn puffy after a few hours after the procedure... :sweat:

I forgot to say, every morning that you wake up... your mouth will be full of blood, thick blood... :p The taste in the mouth is just :rolleyes:

:sweat:

Wah hear your guys say until so scary.I now also a bit scared. :sweat:
Does everyone also have wisdom tooth and confirm must extract one is it ?

oh, btw, i am getting my referral letter soon from the polyclinic to some hospital to get it extracted.
wouldn't it be better if i go to the hospital direct instead of having to wait for the referral letter and appointment? or is there a difference?
my tooth issnt hurting much now after the infection has gone...

oh, btw, i am getting my referral letter soon from the polyclinic to some hospital to get it extracted.
wouldn't it be better if i go to the hospital direct instead of having to wait for the referral letter and appointment? or is there a difference?
my tooth issnt hurting much now after the infection has gone...
$$$ difference. The rates you pay with and without a referral letter is different.

I forgot to say, every morning that you wake up... your mouth will be full of blood, thick blood... :p The taste in the mouth is just :rolleyes:

:sweat:
It helps to prop your pillow higher when you sleep.

Good luck!

I'm going next week. All 4 plus operation on one molar. 5 teeth altogether. :cry: :cry: :sweat:

good luck kai... i don't think it's very wise to do that many teeth at one go, unless you're going under GA.

i'd recommend undergoing 2 procedures under LA to remove 4 teeth. cos GA has too many risks and complications of its own and also you can chew on one side of your mouth if you remove just 2 each time.

finally got my 4 teeth done. :)

Wah hear your guys say until so scary.I now also a bit scared. :sweat:
Does everyone also have wisdom tooth and confirm must extract one is it ?

If you have, better extract. Depend on their position, it might cause the the healthy molar next to it to decay.

I feel x-ray is important, not sure about private clinics but at NDC, they have an x-ray machine which can take your entire set of teeth.

I opted for GA which I feel is the easy way out. Quite skeptical about LA as that largely depends on the doctor's skill. From experience I heard of others, what I figured is that, for LA, they give you one or two jabs and start working on the tooth.. if you feel pain, in goes another jab... and next, they have to "wrestle" with the stubborn tooth at the same time monitor your pain threshold. If you have more than one wisdom tooth, just imagine the number of jabs !!

With GA, just need to "wrestle" with the stubborn teeth.

Complications with GA? i.e. You don't wake up at all.

But that's life. Heh. If you die... you die. Whether its from a botched op or a piece of the sky falling on your head.

I'd recommend GA. Especially if you have to crush and extract. Then while they are at it, might as well remove all. Save the hassle, pain and cost of repeated visits.

Maybe I am kind of warped, but I thought the whole GA experience was kind of like dying. Everything going dim. And sounds growing slower and softer. Especially your heart rate BPM machine going Beep........ beep.............. beep.............................. *unconscious*

Complications with GA? i.e. You don't wake up at all.

But that's life. Heh. If you die... you die. Whether its from a botched op or a piece of the sky falling on your head.

I'd recommend GA. Especially if you have to crush and extract. Then while they are at it, might as well remove all. Save the hassle, pain and cost of repeated visits.

Maybe I am kind of warped, but I thought the whole GA experience was kind of like dying. Everything going dim. And sounds growing slower and softer. Especially your heart rate BPM machine going Beep........ beep.............. beep.............................. *unconscious*

doing it under LA would just feel like a normal dental procedure - especially if you remove just 2 teeth at a time. you'll still be able to eat a day or two after the surgery. but don't chew on the wound of course.

doing it under GA would be more like a real op. didn't you feel like **** when you get up? not only because you just got 4 teeth out of your mouth, but they've stuck smth in your throat to keep you from swallowing your tongue.

the only con i can think of going under LA is that you'll be witnessing the violence your pearlie whites are going under. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.