Will you spend more than $100 for a flash diffuser?

Will you spend more than $100 on a flash diffuser?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup please share DIY diffuser tips with newbies like me.

I bought the Orbis Ring Flash from Cathay at $310 recently. Quite ex.
Works well for portraits shots. Like it pretty much as the light effect is very much different from a plain bounce card.

generally, there is only 2 types of bounce card you really need.
1 type is the normal bounce card- whether if it is a white board or a circular foam paper like the one Peter Gregg is using. White will do, just avoid highly reflective materials as the whole idea is to make it soft. Generally, bounce cards are the last resort unless there are no walls and ceilings.

2nd type is the "feather light" type which is used for portraits. The shadow casted by this one is softer than any I have tried. You will not much burn outs from those oily-face subjects. Beautiful.

Generally rule of thumb, in order of preference:
Bounce from side wall, to ceiling, to subject. Softest light and does not give the butterfly shadows on noses that some might dislike.
Bounce from side walls,
Bounce from ceilings,
Featherlight bounce card (extremely power consuming)
Normal bounce card.

Gary fong and its clone products are fine except that they cost a bomb and are a pain to transport around. The stofens work well as well. If you got the $ and the space, get it lor. :p.

...Generally rule of thumb, in order of preference:
Bounce from side wall, to ceiling, to subject. Softest light and does not give the butterfly shadows on noses that some might dislike.
Bounce from side walls,
Bounce from ceilings,
Featherlight bounce card (extremely power consuming)
Normal bounce card.

You can bounce off people's shirt too. Not always recommended though. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.