Will you set up a Photography studio just for private shoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is exactly the reason, if possible, to have the studio set up permanently. No need to move furnitures, no need to pack away lights, just concentrate on shooting.

i really wish i have that kind of resources.really.

if i do, i would have invited you and some other trusted csers to come shoot with me.
you guys have no idea how much i wanted to shoot/learn with you guys.

its easier to have a room for it... mine was taken down last year... sianz...

but i'm having another 1 soon... just bought white canvas to make the whole place white... and looking to make some white curtains as well... a bigger light tent...

too bad, only got space for shooting toys... no place for such jumping acts... me got space limitations unlike jeanie...

but i'm having another 1 soon... just bought white canvas to make the whole place white... and looking to make some white curtains as well... a bigger light tent...

too bad, only got space for shooting toys... no place for such jumping acts... me got space limitations unlike jeanie...

the best thing in photography is you make do with what you have, and when your shots come out the way you like/want it, you will really feel the sense of satisfaction.

btw, if shooting portraits, i reckon a good room color will be neutral gray, or black.white is not a good choice unless you intend to take loads of highkey, or make a few flags to block out the reflections.(imho):embrass:

LOL Del_CtrlnoAlt... A space limitation is better than a limitation in imagination. I'm currently having that right now. Running out of ideas for my Nov photoshoot.... :sweat:

LOL Del_CtrlnoAlt... A space limitation is better than a limitation in imagination. I'm currently having that right now. Running out of ideas for my Nov photoshoot.... :sweat:

imho, there's NO such thing for running out of ideas.
i use to have that kind of emptiness when planning for shoots but i realised when you have a theme, it's so much easier.

I have the theme. I have the Models. I even have the studio and another photographer ready. Now I have start having a brain block and started to lose confidence... :sweat:

the best thing in photography is you make do with what you have, and when your shots come out the way you like/want it, you will really feel the sense of satisfaction.

btw, if shooting portraits, i reckon a good room color will be neutral gray, or black.white is not a good choice unless you intend to take loads of highkey, or make a few flags to block out the reflections.(imho):embrass:

actually i shoot products more, hence the white layout to minimize reflections.

i got plenty of ideas... just whether u can fulfill my imagination anot... :devil:

I have two models and the theme is Modern Devil and Angel. :think: My other half was suggesting a more intimate version of the two extreme characters.

I have the theme. I have the Models. I even have the studio and another photographer ready. Now I have start having a brain block and started to lose confidence... :sweat:

lose confidence?

my friend.do you shoot for $?got deadline to meet?

you only lose confidence now because you think you dont know "HOW" about are u going to do the shoot.or the pics may not turn out the way you expect/want it to be.
trust me.been there, done that.

do it.worry about all these later.you'll be patting yourself on your back.

u got make up artist to create the look?

btw, is 2 cute girls or 2 strong men?

does it matter?:dunno:

imo, only 2 version works.

devil gal and angel gal in seductive/'lesbian'-like poses.

devil guy and angel gal in 'compromising' poses.

if i were to do the shoot, i'll work from these 2 ways.

i really wish i have that kind of resources.really.

if i do, i would have invited you and some other trusted csers to come shoot with me.
you guys have no idea how much i wanted to shoot/learn with you guys.

At the end of the day, it's priorities.

Live in the city center, small place, even if I want to, still cannot set up a studio. Live far away, much bigger place, set up studio, it becomes a chore to get hom elate at night, especially after a few pints.

It all boils down to priorities and what you want to compromise.

But, if I am staying in Singpapore, I am going to set up a studio one way or another. :)

lose confidence?

my friend.do you shoot for $?got deadline to meet?

you only lose confidence now because you think you dont know "HOW" about are u going to do the shoot.or the pics may not turn out the way you expect/want it to be.
trust me.been there, done that.

do it.worry about all these later.you'll be patting yourself on your back.

Haha... normally I oversee the whole photography shoot. meaning I get photographers to shoot for assignments. This time I will be one of the photographer. Thus getting quite nervous that the pictures might not turn out how I want it to be.

Haha... normally I oversee the whole photography shoot. meaning I get photographers to shoot for assignments. This time I will be one of the photographer. Thus getting quite nervous that the pictures might not turn out how I want it to be.

doing homework is the way to go lor.
photosig and photo.net has very very good inspirations and ideas.
you might wanna work from there.

email professionals whom you love their work.most which i do are VERY willing to share how they made the shot.

you are wrong lor... i can think of minimum 10 ways i can get each combination to work...

wanna try?

doesn't mean angel forever feminist, devil masculine... think out of the context...

Haha My other 1/2 was thinking of the seductive/"Lesbian" like poses. Hehe... That is a challenge for me.

doing homework is the way to go lor.
photosig and photo.net has very very good inspirations and ideas.
you might wanna work from there.

email professionals whom you love their work.most which i do are VERY willing to share how they made the shot.

Jeanie, thanks for your suggestion. I will definately try the sites. :thumbsup:

you are wrong lor... i can think of minimum 10 ways i can get each combination to work...

wanna try?

doesn't mean angel forever feminist, devil masculine... think out of the context...

U mean making the Angel masculine and Devil feminist? Actually I am working on that concept. I actually planned for the more feminine of the two to play the Devil role and vise versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.