Will you set up a Photography studio just for private shoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the story is like this. My other half and me are nuts into photography. She is into macros and I'm into portraits and Sceneries.

We currently have our own place and has a spare room which is empty all the time. Since we like to shoot and we have a spare room... so we were wondering if we should set it up as a private studio. For us to practice.... Not so much for commercial purpose.

;)

Actually the story is like this. My other half and me are nuts into photography. She is into macros and I'm into portraits and Sceneries.

We currently have our own place and has a spare room which is empty all the time. Since we like to shoot and we have a spare room... so we were wondering if we should set it up as a private studio. For us to practice.... Not so much for commercial purpose.

;)
set it up. not sure why the wait or the hesitation. Only thing is, the room will probably be too small for portraitures.

set it up. not sure why the wait or the hesitation. Only thing is, the room will probably be too small for portraitures.

It is a rather big room that can allow 3 queen size beds. The room is squarish and has an attached changing room. There are no furnishing in the room yet. So it's kinda ideal.

It is a rather big room that can allow 3 queen size beds. The room is squarish and has an attached changing room. There are no furnishing in the room yet. So it's kinda ideal.

ceiling would probably be too low..:think:

i really dunno what you are waiting for since your the other half also so into photography.

just imagine the possibilities of doing macros on still life in a studio.

i had a good time shooting almost everything in my room i can grab my hands on.
watches, for eg, is one.

really fun.

DO IT!

LOL thanks for the encouragement. I think i will do it. Just need to look for the equipments now. :bsmilie: Already have two models waiting to be shot... My two dogs... if they can fit into the screen together.

i guess most people will probably assume, since 80-90% of singaporeans stay in HDB.

Do it lor :)

You will prob want something space longer, but then you will learn to work within the limitations. And don't forget, depending of the orientation, natural light can be very pleasing.

Do it lor :)

You will prob want something space longer, but then you will learn to work within the limitations. And don't forget, depending of the orientation, natural light can be very pleasing.

Yes. It will be a problem if I need the length. Worst Scenerio... Move the rig to the corridor when i need the length. ;)

Yes. It will be a problem if I need the length. Worst Scenerio... Move the rig to the corridor when i need the length. ;)

you will learn to get around the limitations ... I shoot at home alot, and it's a compromise ... but I am having a blast

you will learn to get around the limitations ... I shoot at home alot, and it's a compromise ... but I am having a blast

LOL... most of the time I'm having a blast trying to shoot the dogs which will pose so nicely and then run away the moment I wanna click on the shutter. :rolleyes:

just to share,

i did this in my room.
so a good place to start a studio is at home.
no one to laugh at you, all the privacy you want, no 10 mins per photographer limitation.
your pics are only as good as your imagination.

i'm still waiting to do my martial arts shoot in my room when i can find time one fine day.

481012502_b397a3b586.jpg

looks like your room is big enough for jumping around for kung fu etc...correct?

looks like your room is big enough for jumping around for kung fu etc...correct?

yup.
in fact, it can accomodate 5 dancers.
i wanted to do another dance shoot, but i just cant afford the time.

cos my moving of room furniture, setting up of lights and such will take me one FULL day.
and all these are with help.

yup.

cos my moving of room furniture, setting up of lights and such will take me one FULL day.
that is exactly the reason, if possible, to have the studio set up permanently. No need to move furnitures, no need to pack away lights, just concentrate on shooting.

yup.

A room for 5 dancers.... You have a studio for a room? That means... :think: Your house must be very very very big. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.