will you ditch your DSLR for LX3?

will you ditch your DSLR for a good compact?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm a new lx3 user, i still use my dslr for serious applications, where it demand higher iq photos in harsher environment, like low light, fast pace sports, events that require printing bigger photos wedding, company functions. generally i will go out and shoot once a week with my dslr.

as for other days i cant be lugging dslr everyday with me, therefore i got myself the lx3.
it is always in my office bag, snapshot anything on the way i want to capture, take photos with friends over unplanned dinner, great camera for its IQ vs compactness, but there is no way i gona ditch my dslr for it.

I've the LX3, the LX3 you're unable to zoom, cannot even see the photos when you shoot in RAW to upload to your computer, noise at high ISO.

I'll take a DSLR anyday.

:thumbsup: s3pro maybe slow but its no push over :D

anyway a friend sold his s5pro to get an LX3. +1 for compact here lol
The S*Pro series is perhaps the only DSLR where the user have to work faster than the camera. :sweat:

The S*Pro series is perhaps the only DSLR where the user have to work faster than the camera. :sweat:

:bsmilie: but the results are so pleasing you just forgive her for her slow writting speed. 5 shots one after another and the buffer takes 10sec to clear for jpeg and x3 the time for RAW

:bsmilie: but the results are so pleasing you just forgive her for her slow writting speed. 5 shots one after another and the buffer takes 10sec to clear for jpeg and x3 the time for RAW
Pretty true. In regular standard mode, a little post processing gets the desired results. In film simulation mode, I probably wun have to get anything done in Photoshop.

And DR's so wonderful that I was able to actually recover 2 photos that were severely underexposed. :thumbsup:

Probably will be hard to find another camera that matches up to the S*Pro series. :(

I will need certain lenses for certain shots, so the LX3 or any PnS will not be able to do what I want the DSLR to do ....;p

I dunno about some of the responses here, but I simply love the size of my LX3 and its low light capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.