Will you be willing to talk about your camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want to find out more about cameras, it is better to go to places like DP review or here, you can find more information of what you want..

if you intend to talk to a professionals more in depth, don't start the conversation while they are at work, I'm sure many professionals will be very happy to help you when the situation is allow.

it is so funny to see people slamming others without knowing what is happening actually, anyway, I will get agitated if somebody ask me "what camera is good/best" or, "recommendation of cameras" when I on assignment too. :)

ghee i know
i didn't ask him which camera is best... read my 1st post
that qote i posted was ALL I I SAID TO HIM
i do surf dpreview, the digital picture, photozone and i read alot.. i know what i wanna a buy and i know what's good for me

i pop the question out of pure curiosity
nothing more
but i guess i wont be doing that anymore

but anyhow
thank you guys for sharing your different perspective

and to cabbySHE
i want to defend myself.. all your post seems to imply that i am inconsiderate,rude and insensitive,i feel kinda wronged with your comments
i back off after that and let me repeat... i asked him because he took a photo of us and my friends (i would obviously not approach any random people and ask them about their camera)... yes we agreed .. but i thought, out of courtesy answer my tiny question... but apparently , that is not the case.. i did not say he was wrong whatsoever, in fact i started this thread to ask about my encounter...

i wasn't trying to show off gear... i have no cameras with me other than my PHONE's
and i didn't and was'n't looking for camera recommendations or pricing or anything
i am just curious what camera he's using and that's that

and I've learned something new
thank you all for your opinions
and my conclusion ... never talk about gear to fellow photographers unless he/she is your friend

Last edited:
To ensure that this discussion is not misunderstood. In a talking point, I believe (I know) everybody is talking about the situation perspective with "injected characters" described by the initial text, since nobody knows what actually happens.

Short words are very difficult to describe, thus simplifed expressive word like rude, inconsider, illogical, busy are being repeatedly to illustrate a view (perspective requires stronger english). But these expressive words do not represent accurately bec they are simplified expression lacking degree.

For I am one who do not think a member who starts a talking point is self-reflective but rather looking at contributions as each responded. So renzokuken, you are very kind to bring up this topic and I know you were never the actual character implied. :)

Hi, Human beings are temperamental at any one time and there are all sorts of people in this world.

To ensure that this discussion is not misunderstood. In a talking point, I believe (I know) everybody is talking about the situation perspective with "injected characters" described by the initial text, since nobody knows what actually happens.

Short words are very difficult to describe, thus simplifed expressive word like rude, inconsider, illogical, busy are being repeatedly to illustrate a view (perspective requires stronger english). But these expressive words do not represent accurately bec they are simplified expression lacking degree.

For I am one who do not think a member who starts a talking point is self-reflective but rather looking at contributions as each responded. So renzokuken, you are very kind to bring up this topic and I know you were never the actual character implied. :)

:thumbsup: yes, and all or most of us just shared what it means to be in the situation.

but anyhow
thank you guys for sharing your different perspective

and to cabbySHE
i want to defend myself.. all your post seems to imply that i am inconsiderate,rude and insensitive,i feel kinda wronged with your comments
i back off after that and let me repeat... i asked him because he took a photo of us and my friends (i would obviously not approach any random people and ask them about their camera)... yes we agreed .. but i thought, out of courtesy answer my tiny question... but apparently , that is not the case.. i did not say he was wrong whatsoever, in fact i started this thread to ask about my encounter...

i wasn't trying to show off gear... i have no cameras with me other than my PHONE's
and i didn't and was'n't looking for camera recommendations or pricing or anything
i am just curious what camera he's using and that's that

and I've learned something new
thank you all for your opinions
and my conclusion ... never talk about gear to fellow photographers unless he/she is your friend

Bottom line is, everyone is different, maybe on that particular you're the 195342th asking him about his gear, and maybe he was answering all the questions and couldnt complete his job and kana upside down by the manager. Foul mood? Bad day?

Sometimes when you talked nicely, people just doesnt react the way you want, and I have learned to deal with it. Smile and just say "Thank you".

Haha TS, you'd got me all wrong, there is no implication in any of my post, just that, he asked you for a photo and you joyfully obliged, and when you asked him about his tools, he's not happy to answer your question. Basically, his manner is not good, not yours.

Remember during my childhood time, used to ask parent about this and that, most of the time I got this reply ( with a stern looking face too )...little children don't ask so much. I was thinking like, okay ,you don't tell me, I'll find out the answer one day.

I'll tell you why professional photographer have to use the most hi-end camera or model, one of the reason is to convince the client like...see, I use the most expensive camera to shoot your assignment, so what you pay me is justified.
In actual fact, some mid-range camera also can do the job, but in case some client might comment like...oh, my son's camera is more expensive than yours.

OR

Ha, you use this model of camera to shoot my job, you camera only cost 1.5k and you dare to charge me for 2k !?

The other reason might be the photographer is more comfortable working with a particular brand or model of make. Familarize with the camera is very important in professional photography. Just like being able to strip a M-16 in the dark.

The last reason is about $$$.

Last edited:
I don't really know what has been discussed in between but I shall just answer TS.

I don't mind people asking me my camera/eq model since sometimes I am curious what others are using as well. Sometimes you will realize people would stare at your camera, you get what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.