Which Nikkor Lenses are you buying in 2006?

Which Nikkor Lenses are you buying in 2006?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
westwest1 said:
you forget the legendary 70-200 f2.8
YEAH! Was hoping that someone would catch it! :thumbsup:
The last of the trinity! ;)
:lovegrin: :devil:

Spectrum said:
Does this lens flare easily?:dunno: Pls advise.:dunno:

i read that this lens flare but so far i managed to made it flare only once in abt 2000 shots..

flare.JPG

King Tiger said:
18-200mm is gonna to be the best selling lense in 2006 and years to come.
the more common one is the kit lens,
best selling should be 50mm,since it's so cheap and almost everyone own one.

y so few people buy 18-70mm?

Coz it is a kit lens?? and normally found primarily on the second hand market more... and most often is brush-over for other lenses.

i got the 17-35... now working towards 70-200....... :confused:

TMC,r u talking about this?
other than the fact that it's white,any other reason of getting it?
quite interested in getting the 70-200 f2.8 vr from shashinki.

The 70-200 VR should be termed Unholy or Lucifer.

The original and real Nikkor lens (lens with an aperture ring and not DX optimised) it replaced was the 80-200AFS.

I was in Japan last week and to my surprise the Light Grey versions aren't revered or sought after by the locals (the Japanese). When I asked if they had any stock of the 28-70 on hand, the saleschap behind the counter at Yodabashi regretfully said that they only had grey ones in stock. When I said yes, it was a grey one that I was specifically after, he reaction was that of astonishment. This reaction was repeated in several other stores. I think the Nikonians over there see them as an abomination and won't touch them - that's my theory anyway.

Word of caution when buying the 28-70 (late s/n 407XXX), the QC on these lenses are pretty poor, I went through about five (over several stores) before getting one that was acceptable. Most had imprefections in the optics, mainly clusters of bubbles and dust particles in the inner elements. I had thought that this problem would have been solved by now but nay. I had exactly the same problems (incl noisy SWM) when I bought a 80-200AFS back in 1999, I went thru five units before returning all of them and getting my money back.

I didn't have any problems with the 17-35 I bought at the same time but.

So check carefully before plonking down your money and don't buy from a proxy unless you can get a refund or exchange.

The 70-200 VR should be termed Unholy or Lucifer.

The original and real Nikkor lens (lens with an aperture ring and not DX optimised) it replaced was the 80-200AFS.

I was in Japan last week and to my surprise the Light Grey versions aren't revered or sought after by the locals (the Japanese). When I asked if they had any stock of the 28-70 on hand, the saleschap behind the counter at Yodabashi regretfully said that they only had grey ones in stock. When I said yes, it was a grey one that I was specifically after, he reaction was that of astonishment. This reaction was repeated in several other stores. I think the Nikonians over there see them as an abomination and won't touch them - that's my theory anyway.

Word of caution when buying the 28-70 (late s/n 407XXX), the QC on these lenses are pretty poor, I went through about five (over several stores) before getting one that was acceptable. Most had imprefections in the optics, mainly clusters of bubbles and dust particles in the inner elements. I had thought that this problem would have been solved by now but nay. I had exactly the same problems (incl noisy SWM) when I bought a 80-200AFS back in 1999, I went thru five units before returning all of them and getting my money back.

I didn't have any problems with the 17-35 I bought at the same time but.

So check carefully before plonking down your money and don't buy from a proxy unless you can get a refund or exchange.
Interesting....

Well neither bothered asking Yodobashi, their price is skyhigh compared to other camera stores. Got any literature to read about the bubbles/optic imperfections? Curious about those as I intend to get the 28-70 sometime later.

For those thinking of ordering through shashinki.com there's an exchange policy..i wonder if we do a mass order,can get discount..?

"Dear syc77,

For defect or fault item, we will replace FOC within the first 7 days. After 7 days, we will either replace or repair depending on the manufacturer decision.

For warranty claim, you ship to our address in Perak, then we will do the claim and ship the product to you at our cost.

Thank you."

Status
Not open for further replies.