Which Nikkor Lenses are you buying in 2006?

Which Nikkor Lenses are you buying in 2006?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting....

Well neither bothered asking Yodobashi, their price is skyhigh compared to other camera stores. Got any literature to read about the bubbles/optic imperfections? Curious about those as I intend to get the 28-70 sometime later.

Sorry for the late reply TMC, I just read your post.

I don't really understand your what you asking for? Are you seeking documentary proof?

Bubbles in lenses aren't really a bad thing but the contrary, the presence of bubbles show that the glass was cooled correctly and in the early days of photography, people would look out for bubbles as an indication of good glass. However, it is no longer acceptable in our day and age to have these imperfections.

My buying experience with these High end Nikon AFS zoom lenses hasn't been all that great (flocking flakes, dust, bubbles, grinding swirls) - I thought that paying a premium for expensive glass means that there would be less imperfections but I found the opposite to be true. It seems there are less imperfections in cheaper glass.

If you going to get the 28-70 - I suggest you check the one you are purchasing out thoroughly.

Ohyabashi Camera in Umeda was pretty good about allowing me to check out their lenses before purchase (the large stores like Yodobashi don't allow this), plus Ohyabashi was the only store I bought from that doesn't fill out the warranty card like the rest do. And they are willing to discount and eager to match the prices in Tokyo.

wow... this thread last one WHOLE year......

let's keep it up... ah... sorry... OT liao... :)

anyway, just spent a big sum 1 week ago and got what i wanted to get this year.....
have been able to resist getting the lens for about 11 months.... that's very good i think...

:)

:bsmilie: Will there be another new thread in 2007???

:bsmilie: Will there be another new thread in 2007???

Why not?

Good idea... probably have some more lenses on the shopping list

Had all of u bought what you had targeted?;p :bsmilie:

I didn't :cry:

Still got one more day.

Got and buy now. :lovegrin:

12001700groupview.jpg

U guys know which store can i find the bottom right FE lens?

Time flies fast, one year already.

The beautiful of this thread finally came to an end with the coming of 2007.

Wishing all Nikonian a very Happy New Year.
May 2007 be not your "BBB" year.

But the year you discover new skills, new ideas, encouragement and advancement to photography. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.