Which Nikkor Lenses are you buying in 2006?

Which Nikkor Lenses are you buying in 2006?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spectrum said:
If I'm not wrong, this DX lens doesn't cost that much at retail price. Maybe between 2,150 to 2,300 S$.

PS: Just for your reference only.;p

Thanks. The lens is AFS Nikkor DX 17-55 f/2.8G IF-ED to be exact.
I was in Lucky plaza, but forgot the complte code. :embrass:
Tomorrow again.:sweat:

All fellow Nikonians,

Need your help...what is the latest price on Nikon 12-24mm f4 and SB-800 speedlight with GST included? Where can I get them from?

I was quoted $1605 (12-24) and $620 (SB800) from Lords, GST included.

Thanks a lot for your help.

John200x

john200x said:
All fellow Nikonians,

Need your help...what is the latest price on Nikon 12-24mm f4 and SB-800 speedlight with GST included? Where can I get them from?

John200x

Price guide

AF-S 12-24mm f/4 G DX IF-ED - $1600 (CP-M, May06 - seanlim) *Updated 21/05*

Nikon SB-800 - $570 (Grey, TCW, Sept05 - MotoNik); $619 (AP-F, Nov05 - xxxger)
Nikon SB-800 - $620 (MS, Sept05 - Francis247) free panasonic oxyride battery worth $6.90 (for equote only)

Taken from the price guide...

john200x said:
All fellow Nikonians,

John200x

go down and try the lens at Lords if you like the lens.... the service there is :thumbsup:
look for james.....

me going to buy 2nd hand nikkor 80-200 AF-S by year's end :D

clubgrit said:
Me too, just bought it, still to try tonight. But the review is so fantastic that it looks like a no-brainer.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18200.htm

You have to take his reviews with more than just a pinch of salt...

just read this line and tell me if you can agree with it :

If you're on a budget I'd suggest the cheap and excellent 18 - 55 instead. If you need to go longer, add the 70 - 300 G. You'll lose convenience, but the pair combined probably weighs less then the 18 - 200 VR and costs only a fraction as much. Picture quality will be the same most of the time.

Nikon 12-24mm f4 (real soon)
Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR (before end of this year)
Nikon 200-400mm f4 (I saw an ad here)

Gotten all that I wanted for this year. ;p

AF DX Fisheye 10.5mm f/2.8G ED
AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED
AF-S DX 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED

Francis247 said:

Rich man... how much are these investments already?? :bigeyes:

Francis, not enough leh, you still need the following :-
14f2.8
17-35 or 17-55
105 VR
85PC
85 f1.4 or 105DC or 135DC
200-400
500 or 600

No need to listen to all the BBB just the above is enough, no need to buy the whole Nikon range. ;p

Francis247 said:

Dennis said:
14f2.8
17-35 or 17-55
105 VR
85PC
200-400
500 or 600

No need to listen to all the BBB just the above is enough, no need to buy the whole Nikon range. ;p

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Can save some of those for my next year plan.

Dennis said:
14f2.8
17-35 or 17-55
105 VR
85PC
200-400
500 or 600

Dennis, you very lax.. like that only ah? :bsmilie:

If you are shooting entirely digital nowadays, buy those AF-S DX G lenses. This lenses are best performance for Nikon DSLR camera body.
If you are still shooting film entirely, AF-D; AF-S or AI-S lenses will still be OK.:)
Just what I think.:sweat:

PS: The newer DX G lenses coating & elements/glass used to minimise color fringing/abberations while capturing the wide range/spectrum of light is far better incorporate than those older lenses design. So you know what I mean.:rolleyes:

Spectrum said:
If you are shooting entirely digital nowadays, buy those AF-S DX G lenses. This lenses are best performance for Nikon DSLR camera body.
If you are still shooting film entirely, AF-D; AF-S or AI-S lenses will still be OK.:)
Just what I think.:sweat:

PS: The newer DX G lenses coating & elements/glass used to minimise color fringing/abberations while capturing the wide range/spectrum of light is far better incorporate than those older lenses design. So you know what I mean.:rolleyes:

In my opinion I'm a little wary of the AF-S DX lenses. Not to say they aren't good but because of the reduced size of the image circle projected on the image sensor, and the fact that it can only used on DX format DSLRs means that the lens people at Nikon can really forget about correcting edge sharpness because only the centre portion gets of the image circle gets covered.

To me the advantage of the AF-S DX lenses lie in a more compact size and ultra-wideangle focal range. Unfortunately you can't use teleconverters for DX Nikkors and for some lenses in the range the build quality and quality is...uh...questionable.

The lens coating for non-DX lenses aren't necessarily inferior to the DX, so when you say that it reduces colour fringing, I'm not so sure. To me it all boils down to the individual lens design, DX or otherwise. When you say that the "lenses are best performance for Nikon DSLR camera body" that's a given because they CAN ONLY be used on on DX DSLR camera bodies! :bsmilie:

creampuff said:
In my opinion I'm a little wary of the AF-S DX lenses. Not to say they aren't good but because of the reduced size of the image circle projected on the image sensor, and the fact that it can only used on DX format DSLRs means that the lens people at Nikon can really forget about correcting edge sharpness because only the centre portion gets of the image circle gets covered.

To me the advantage of the AF-S DX lenses lie in a more compact size and ultra-wideangle focal range. Unfortunately you can't use teleconverters for DX Nikkors and for some lenses in the range the build quality and quality is...uh...questionable.

The lens coating for non-DX lenses aren't necessarily inferior to the DX, so when you say that it reduces colour fringing, I'm not so sure. To me it all boils down to the individual lens design, DX or otherwise. When you say that the "lenses are best performance for Nikon DSLR camera body" that's a given because they CAN ONLY be used on on DX DSLR camera bodies!
So we should all get the 17-35mm f/2.8 & 28-70mm f/2.8? :think:
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK! :devil: :sweatsm: :sweatsm: :thumbsup:
MTL!!

ipin said:
So we should all get the 17-35mm f/2.8 & 28-70mm f/2.8? :think:
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK! :devil: :sweatsm: :sweatsm: :thumbsup:
MTL!!

you forget the legendary 70-200 f2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.