Which brand of flash memory will you buy?

Which brand of flash memory will you buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sandisk for me.

Sandisk is the choice. I clumsily left my Sandisk 4G Extreme IV CF in my trousers pocket and it was then left soaked overnight. Though there was the CF protective plastic case, the CF was wet. When I found out, I took it out to dry in the open, and later place it in the dry cab for further "drying". It still worked marvelously...but I'm not sure of its lifespan after this incident though...

Interesting.
So many of the users support Sandisk (particularly) and Lexar.
I use Sandisk Extreme III. But have been recently toying with the idea of getting a Kingston Elite 133X.
Maybe not so good an idea, if I am using full RAW at 21Mp? Not fast enough? What do you all think?

kingston, it came free..haha.no problems so far

have been recently toying with the idea of getting a Kingston Elite 133X.
Maybe not so good an idea, if I am using full RAW at 21Mp? Not fast enough? What do you all think?

It's far from your Extreme III. Its speed doesn't even seem to be 133x. If you want a cheaper card, go for the Ultra IIs.

Scandisk no doubt... 8gb III...:thumbsup:

1st Choice - Scandisk..... 2nd Choice - Kingston.....

Cheers!!!

Sandisk Ducati CF, Extreme IV CF, Kingston 133x Elite CF so the choice is SANDISK.

I will stop buying from Kingston. I lost all my data in the recent Toy convention. Damn! Getting the exchange from Convergent. Never to buy a new one from them. Going for Sandisk or Lexar next.

I will stop buying from Kingston. I lost all my data in the recent Toy convention. Damn! Getting the exchange from Convergent. Never to buy a new one from them. Going for Sandisk or Lexar next.

Was the card totally undetectable by the computer or it just became unformatted?

For the latter case, you may be able to retrieve the data using data recovery software. Don't give up yet :)

Sadly, it is the former.... stupid card cannot be read at all. No point dwelling on it now. Just make sure I boycott Kingston SD card for photo shooting. Sandisk or Lexar is the choice for me from now on.

Anyone knows the speed of a standard SDHC 8gb card from Sandisk (some say 5 some say 10)...Cannot find on Sandisk website. I only know Ultra II = 15 , Extreme III = 30

sandisk is great, but pretec is good if you need high reading/writing speed.

Most of the flash drives or memory cards that I'm using are SanDisk. They have not failed me so far. :thumbsup:

Sony PSP - Sandisk
Sony PnS - Sandisk
Nikon - Lexar (Free)

Will be getting Sandisk for my Nikon.
Any Sandisk SD card ro recommend? :D

First Choice - SANDisk
Second Choice - Toshiba
Third Choice - Kingston