Not open for further replies.
Not a movie but old war TV series....

Baa Baa Black Sheep
Combat - starring Vic Morrow
Hogan's Heroes
Allo Allo
Tour of Duty
:)

I liked Tour of Duty... good music too, Paint it Black ~ The Rolling Stones...

Talking about music.... Surfin' Bird ~ The Trashman and Woolly Bully in Full Metal Jacket...
;)

Baa Baa Black Sheep
Hogan's Heroes
Allo Allo
Tour of Duty

Talking about music.... Surfin' Bird ~ The Trashman and Woolly Bully in Full Metal Jacket...
;)

TV series? dun forget M*A*S*H. :thumbsup:

A Bridge Too Far

The Beast - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_(1988_film)
Quite a good film apart from the inaccuracies in the armour and aircraft used.

Hey, we share the same Favourite - A Bridge Too Far
Though, I have another favourite in Leningrad

I like shows that tell the truth of war.:thumbsup:
Those american Super hero type of war shows STINK:sticktong

Baa Baa Black Sheep
Hogan's Heroes
Allo Allo
Tour of Duty

;)

The A-Team ! :thumbsup:

Baa Baa Black Sheep
Hogan's Heroes
Allo Allo
Tour of Duty

;)

Used to love "Combat" and "Twelve O'clock High" TV series when I was a kid. I remember the actors Vic Morrow, who died many years later during the filming of a movie, and Rick Jason (the LTA in the show). :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tears of the sun

behind enemy lines

Attack of the killer tomatoes :thumbsup:

War of the worlds.

Dads Army.

Schindlers Lisp.

Das Boot.

got old war film meh?:dunno: my one at jurong point area only have boring educational children DVD and crappy games CD rom!

unfair! :embrass:
Only Esplanade library.

Art library mar, must have old films for all the people who study film. It's special.

Used to love "Combat" and "Twelve O'clock High" TV series when I was a kid. I remember the actors Vic Morrow, who died many years later during the filming of a movie, and Rick Jason (the LTA in the show). :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hmmm.... think he died while filming Twilight Zone... ;p

The Dirty Dozen
Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence
Letters from Iwo Jima

Yes, I remember Combat and Vic Morrow. He died in a Helicopter crash in the filming of the 1982 movie version of the Twilight Zone.

In Combat, the new young soldier introduced into an episode was always guaranteed to get killed - just like in Classic Star Trek. And "Europe" always looked like the Hollywood hills backlot.:)

1. shining through
2. heaven on earth (vietnam)
3. empire of the sun (by steven spielberg. stars young christian bale)

4. windtalkers
5. three kings

6. OP center (mini-series)
7. patriot games
8. sum of all fears
and other tom clancys

Three Kings
(People tend to forget this movie, but looks at war from the current media-crazy angle that is quite interesting. Great visuals too.)
funny too. better than jarhead.

if you like iraq war maybe you've seen "over there" DVD set. seen one in HMV, now its gone.

not sure if this qualify as war movie, there was this foriegn film where the lead actor tries to make his kid thinks it is some kind of a game while they were being held in german concentration camp.

1. shining through
2. heaven on earth (vietnam)
3. empire of the sun (by steven spielberg. stars young christian bale)

4. windtalkers
5. three kings

6. OP center (mini-series)
7. patriot games
8. sum of all fears
and other tom clancys

funny too. better than jarhead.

if you like iraq war maybe you've seen "over there" DVD set. seen one in HMV, now its gone.

Windtalkers has got to be the one of the most overdone War films I've ever seen. It was a bit like watching a filmed version of a Commando War Comic book (does anyone remember those). It was just too stylised - very much a John Woo movie - it gets a bit stale and predictable after you have seen a couple of his movies.

Three Kings was nice.

In Empire of the Sun, they actually made R/C scale models of B29 bombers and P51 mustangs using lawnmower engines as engines. Larger than your average R/C planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.