WHATS NEXT FOR M43, after Olympus, what future is left?

Some one ask questions regarding JIP and OMDS.

JIP & OMDS

In my opinion, JIP is not the white knight savior of broken companies.
JIP exists to circumvent strict labour laws in Japan that make it costly for parent companies to wind up their money losing subsidiaries.
They are bean counters.

JIP & OMDS

JIP exists to circumvent strict labour laws in Japan that make it costly for parent companies to wind up their money losing subsidiaries.
They are bean counters.

@ricohflex, I wonder if you read the thread. You just use the title but it does not back your claim that omds is in trouble. Why waste your valuable time with this obsession of yours'. Happy new year to all CSnappers regardless of the brand of gear you use. 🥰

@ricohflex And actually you just contradicted yourself. JIP are bean counters and they definitely will not let any investment to continue if it is not making money. And JIP will not permit OMDS to employ more than 1800 employees if they are not generating enough revenue.

JIP & OMDS

They are bean counters.

@ricohflex and for those of you who think or keep saying OM Ambassadors are paid handsomely to say only good things about OM Systems,
check out this video.....

The rewards he has gotten are exactly what I have heard from an ex Olympus Employee and another ambassador a few years back.

@ricohflex and for those of you who think or keep saying OM Ambassadors are paid handsomely to say only good things about OM Systems,
check out this video.....

The rewards he has gotten are exactly what I have heard from an ex Olympus Employee and another ambassador a few years back.

In forums men's goli are bigger. 😄 So they can say what they cannot say in public. The saying put the money where the mouth is. Lee Hoy can do both. Such is human nature. There are 12 more days to chap go meh. ✌️

Edit: In just 14 days thread views have crossed 85k from 83k jan.31st. that shows M43 is alive and well. 😄🥳👍

Last edited:
I agree :eek: with @ricohflex . Olympus is o_O "dead". I will ;) hold on to my expired Olympus for as long as possible and switch to OM-Systems when the time comes.

Back to the thread title "

WHATS NEXT FOR M43, after Olympus, what future is left?​

Since Olympus has transferred its imaging division to JIP to become OM-Systems in Jan 2021
1) M43 has seen the release of 8 lenses (latest not in the list is the OM Systems 150-600mm).
2) M43 has seen the release of OM-1, OM-5, OM-1 Mk2, OM Systems TG-7
3) M43 has seen the release Panasonic released the GH6 and G9mk2

There is a total of 5 M43 bodies and 8 lenses. Not sure other manufacturers with much larger market share have achieve this.
What's M43 future? Why did both JIP and Panasonic continue to pump in money to release new products?
Panasonic could have just pulled the plug since it as already developed a full frame system.
JIP could have just pulled the plug too. Why did Panasonic and JIP did NOT pull the plug?
The most obvious reason is obviously the products can sell and there is money to be made!

1707925825153.png

2024 not a good year for camera sales overall.

Japan and UK recession.

China economy in trouble...tech companies retrenchments. Consumers will tighten belts and buy less.

IMHO, the general consumer is no longer buying Mirrorless DLSRs. Sales has dropped 80%.
The remaining 20% of the market (professionals and serious hobbyists) will probably still continue their purchase.
So I dont think the coming recession is going to have a very large impact on camera sales.

Will American consumers still be a strong market for Japanese cameras?

IMHO, the general consumer is no longer buying Mirrorless DLSRs. Sales has dropped 80%.
The remaining 20% of the market (professionals and serious hobbyists) will probably still continue their purchase.
So I dont think the coming recession is going to have a very large impact on camera sales.

Recession affects everyone. Professionals will have less jobs and serious hobbyists will need to tighten belts. It will translate to poor sales and revenue overall.

Thom Hogan's 2024 predictions.

Last edited:
Sg not only place facing unfavourable economic times although camera sales are nothing to talk about.🤪

At least Robin Wong does not have to depend on photo shoots and can get by doing camera tips and video podcasts and his over 75k subscribers. 😁 He is not complaining about OM1 autofocus anymore?

Last edited:
I guess a lot of users like me wrote to him and tell him what are the things we like to see in his channel.
I also told him I love his above video and hope to see more videos on how he stretched OM- Systems cameras to their limits.

Sg not only place facing unfavourable economic times although camera sales are nothing to talk about.🤪

At least Robin Wong does not have to depend on photo shoots and can get by doing camera tips and video podcasts and his over 75k subscribers. 😁 He is not complaining about OM1 autofocus anymore?

All companies and especially camera companies that thinks what is good for us. Warren Buffet...delight the customer, give them an experience they remember you ( product ) for.

Yes, camera companies that delight us will definitely succeed.
I have shared earlier that 48.4% of Sony sales actually came from its new ZV series well suited for vloggers.
Sony did the market research, listened to these vloggers and came out with cameras that delight these vloggers.

OM Systems, given its limited resources is trying to delight its customers too, improving on what it can.

All companies and especially camera companies that thinks what is good for us. Warren Buffet...delight the customer, give them an experience they remember you ( product ) for.

Anyone got that new OM-1ii yet?

OM-Systems are really pissing their users. The OM-1 didn't come with a desktop cradle charger. They charge extortion prices for it. Hearing around the world, then have now with the OM-1ii removed even that USB-C charger. SO I would like to clarify if that USB-C charger is now included or excluded in our Asian sets.

Seems that all manufacturers are cutting out chargers and even cables to cut costs.
The Sony A7CR (most costly then the OM1-ii) don't come with a USB Charger never mind, it does not even come with a USB cable!!!!

Anyone got that new OM-1ii yet?

OM-Systems are really pissing their users. The OM-1 didn't come with a desktop cradle charger. They charge extortion prices for it. Hearing around the world, then have now with the OM-1ii removed even that USB-C charger. SO I would like to clarify if that USB-C charger is now included or excluded in our Asian sets.

All because Apple started it . But OM-Systems wants to market share. Why follow those greedy big players?

The reason manufacturers don't supply charger or cable is because of the EU directive. So if a manufacturer wants to sell to EU which is a big market then no choice but to comply. It's going green and saving resources and cutting waste. You can say it's kind of a safety feature that charging in camera provides as you don't know how safe and reliable a charging circuit is with cheap third party chargers.

Edit: Remember the 30 minute video shooting limit for digital cameras, now it's not necessary anymore by EU. 🤪

Last edited: