What style of shooting are you adopting?

What style of photography are you adopting?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think that post-production alterations are a nono in taking pictures.
I try to include everything I need to do in the shot itself.
If I am desperate, I'll go for a digital investment shot first, revise, maybe alter stuff,
and only when things are actually really right, I switch over to my trusty SRL and "go for the kill" as someone put it. I stil prefer the quality of the negative against the pixelling of the digital camera in general.

When I just started out, I used to hold onto the mentality of, "Shoot many, shoot salah never mind, retake. Shoot until u get 1 correct. Den u choose the correct one and show others."

But after taking lessons, I'd realised how wrong this mentality was.

No matter how many times u try to retake 1 scene, if ur fundamentals are wrong, u can retake the scene 100 times and the results wun be very different frm each other. And all 100 photos will be so slightly different from each other. How in the hell are u able to say that "I got this shot!" when all other shots are so different?

Get ur fundamentals right, even if its on DSLR, get it right, get it once. When the one u took is trashed cos exposure wrong, abandon the shot and do some self-reflection and give urself a knock in the head.

A moment lost IS a moment lost. U can put continuous mode, crap = crap.

jimbok said:
To me, I've got to shoot in quantities! Cuz my settings always wrong :bigeyes: must practice more or else everytime I try to take pictures of friends and family they alway shout "weeeii, faster ler.. you know how to shoot anot" that makes me sad..:bheart:
Anyways I'm just a month old DSLR baby still got lots to learn! :sweat:
Dun think, go take lessons. It'll definitely be an eye opener for u.

I can't say that my skills went up from Level 0 to Level 999 after taking a couple of lessons, but it helped me a great deal compared to when I was just hitting the shutter blindly and hope to get 1 shot correct. U'll never truly learn to 'see the light' this way. :)

4R photo is cheap

i get 20 out of 36 frames correct..so no worry :cool:

user111 said:
4R photo is cheap

i get 20 out of 36 frames correct..so no worry :cool:

Wah! Respect!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If I am lucky, I get 1-2 out of 36 frames!:( ;p

hmm. i used to get 25 out of 36..i think digital and chimping taking its toll..hehe! ;)

main thing is to think clearly and be confident. expending more frames doesnt really matter much. get that shot, spend more frames, its still worth it

jsbn said:
Dun think, go take lessons. It'll definitely be an eye opener for u.

I can't say that my skills went up from Level 0 to Level 999 after taking a couple of lessons, but it helped me a great deal compared to when I was just hitting the shutter blindly and hope to get 1 shot correct. U'll never truly learn to 'see the light' this way. :)

Don't mind me asking, where did you take lessons from?

not a pro here so i voted the 2nd one...

Status
Not open for further replies.