what setup would you bring oversea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from st 92...hehe...

will yall bring a dry box? and if there shdn't be a need for short stays, how long a stay do you, in ur view, warrent the use of a dry box?

will yall bring a dry box? and if there shdn't be a need for short stays, how long a stay do you, in ur view, warrent the use of a dry box?

i wouldn't bring a dry box.. period. i might as well just get disposable silica gel packets to put in my camera bag.. coz it'll be the same... if not, get a pelican case or something similar to double up as a dry box, so that i can transport my things easily..

Forget about flash - I brought the flash for my recent trip and found no use to it, instead I use high ISO for low light.... I would say leave the 15-30 as it's almost covered by your 18-70... unless you have a 12-24 or 10-20... then that would be good for landscapes....

Where are you going?

Thanks girl, for your input. :)

I think I will just bring along my D70 + 18-70, and IF I can loan a 18-200, all the better! Still contemplating whether or not I should bring a tripod though.

By the way, I will be visiting Taipei.

November Macau 350d, 24-85.
December Hong Kong 350d, 17-85is.
February Greece 400d, 10-22.
March Manila 400d, 10-22.
I realise overseas bring wide lens better. 17-85is for shooting fashion show better.

I think I will just bring along my D70 + 18-70, and IF I can loan a 18-200, all the better! Still contemplating whether or not I should bring a tripod though.

By the way, I will be visiting Taipei.

18-200mm would be the best choice... Hmm... Taipei... You might also want to try to load a ultra-wide as well... Sigma 10-22mm and Nikon 18-200mm... Best! Hehehe....

As for tripod... Unless it's a light one or you got pals to help you to carry but do note that sometimes places do not allow you to bring your tripod - like those cathedrals we see in Europe, not sure about Taipei... Never been there...

My last trip i just bring D70S + 18-200 + 50mm + SB600. 99% photo is taken by 18-200vr.

i wouldn't bring a dry box.. period. i might as well just get disposable silica gel packets to put in my camera bag.. coz it'll be the same... if not, get a pelican case or something similar to double up as a dry box, so that i can transport my things easily..

where to buy disposable silica gel packets.....so far i see is the one I have in a bottle form...can reuse again.

Actually is it really necessary to bring a tele lens for an overseas holiday? Cos i'm sure most of the time should be using wide lenses.

Last trip, I took

- Nikon F80
- Nikkor 50mm f/1.4
- MB-16 grip (Useful for being able to slide out the battery rack and keep warm, but otherwise I don't really chew through battery)
- Sony DSC-P100
- Spare batt​
- Charger​
- Transfer cable​
- Laptop (Incidentally, I was going for education purposes otherwise I wouldn't bother with a laptop on a trip)​
- Spare film
- Clamp/tabletop tripod (Rarely used but was worth its weight in gold when I saw Aurora Borealis)

Traveling light is important to me...there were times I wished I had a wide angle, or a telephoto for a bit more reach, but it's just that much less stressful not having to mess around with changing lenses etc etc. There are always work-arounds...a 50mm becomes a lot wider up in a helicopter *ahem*

Actually is it really necessary to bring a tele lens for an overseas holiday? Cos i'm sure most of the time should be using wide lenses.

i think it would depend on the photographer's shooting styles and the place itself... some areas allow u to have nice telephoto landscapes, which can have a better effect than the WA version...

or maybe some ppl feel shy about asking permission to shoot so they snipe from somewhere else... haha..

where to buy disposable silica gel packets.....so far i see is the one I have in a bottle form...can reuse again.

i'm not too sure really... that last time i brought my camera was to the US and the weather there is quite dry.. so i didn't really bother.... but i'm looking at getting some coz i'm planning to go to China sometime soon... anyone knows where we can get these stuff? or do we have to eat lots of seaweed and collect them on the way?

the other way i can think of is using little containers to store the silica gel in the bag.. then u bring a small bottle along to change the gel when needed....

Went Penang with a D100, MB-100 and a 17-55. That was all I needed.

Use your legs as your zooms.

i think it would depend on the photographer's shooting styles and the place itself... some areas allow u to have nice telephoto landscapes, which can have a better effect than the WA version...

or maybe some ppl feel shy about asking permission to shoot so they snipe from somewhere else... haha..

That's what i was thinking too. I guess i'll bring both to be safe.

1x body
1x 24-70 lens; preferrably f2.8 fixed
1x flash
optional: tripod, unless you have extra weight to spare apart from your luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.