What is your stand on reserving seats using using Tissue in the Food Court etc.

What is your stand on reserving seats using Tissue/belonging in the Food Court etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open minded.

I will never use tissue to reserve a place nor will I accept someone using tissue to reserve a place.

You put the tissue there and tell someone that is your seat...
How about asking yourself what proof your have to say the tissue is yours? :devil:

Here's what I do. I see tissue packets on the table, I collect them all and offer them to the tables around me before settling in. The tissue packets were free to take. No name printed on them apart from Paseo. ;)

Tissue packets are not that expensive. Maybe one day I should do an experiment and place tissue on all tables before the lunch crowd comes. :).

Kindness begets kindness. If people leave their things lying around, I don't think they have a legitimate expectation that it will still be there when they return.

Tissue paper culture is a trademark of singapore. Just live with it so long as it does not hurt. Besides, sometimes we can ask the (pretty) lady beside for a free tissue to use since we respected her reservation. How is that for a win win situation?

I had seen a man who sat on a tissue chop(ped) seat and started eating. Then he opened the tissue and took a few pieces out. He drew a deep breath and blew all the mucus into the tissues and left the mess on the table. The lady came back with a tray of food, disgusted, stomped on her feet and walked away - speechless. Also, heard another story where a man placed the pack of tissue on his armpit as he ate. The lady never appeared.

Anyway, lets be kind to one another. Shall we?

Can someone please convince others to leave their Canon 1DS Mk III or gold Leica film camera on the table to reserve the seat.

They won't cos they fully expect it to disappear. Hence those who put tissues also expect it to disappear and shouldn't complain when it does. If they feel so strongly that it shoudln't disappear, then put the money where the mouth is :)

Yes, Singaporeans are PROUD of this culture of theirs... and I was told it is only practiced in the CBD areas... try doing that at the neighbourhood stalls and the aunties/uncles will sapu them into the tong sampah :)

If wanna put the tissue also.... put lah on TOP of the table so that ppl can see... if you noticed, most place it on the SEAT :thumbsd:

At one time, I saw only 3 seats got tissue, so I sat on the 4th seat and started eating. When the ladies came back, they said they 'booked' the seats. I told them... yes, but they 'booked' only 3 seats and this seat is 'free' ..... they just stood there and glared! (they hv 4 in their group)

Ok,

I know this might sound a little strange.

It might seem a little wierd.

It is very likely to put you off eating there any way, but

I usually carry a small paper bag with a few fresh pieces of doggy doo and a napkin.

I simply reach in, take out the napkin and place it on the seat.

I then reach in and grab the doggy doo's and place it on the napkin.

After that, no one has ever sit on my seat.

I also find that most people get out of my way and let me go straight to the counter :bsmilie:

You sure you did that??? You could get all sort of virus from the dog's black gold and you are also spreading the gems to everyone expose to it :nono:

You sure you did that??? You could get all sort of virus from the dog's black gold and you are also spreading the gems to everyone expose to it :nono:

Well, problem solved.

Anyway.........

I am a generous kind of guy, I like to share :bsmilie:

Here's what I do. I see tissue packets on the table, I collect them all and offer them to the tables around me before settling in. The tissue packets were free to take. No name printed on them apart from Paseo. ;)

hehe....good approach :bsmilie:

Stupid.

Ok,

I know this might sound a little strange.

It might seem a little wierd.

It is very likely to put you off eating there any way, but

I usually carry a small paper bag with a few fresh pieces of doggy doo and a napkin.

I simply reach in, take out the napkin and place it on the seat.

I then reach in and grab the doggy doo's and place it on the napkin.

After that, no one has ever sit on my seat.

I also find that most people get out of my way and let me go straight to the counter :bsmilie:

Are you in Australia?

when in Rome, do what the Romans do...... this is singapore lah, tissue can, anything can! :devil:

i work in CBD area and my lunch kakis have habit of leaving tissue papers on the table/seat which i find very annoying. as im a super fast eater, i just let them buy food 1st and chop the seat by waiting at the seat(s).

i find it very funny too but it cannot be helped. it seems like the 'culture' already and in fact, ppl look at me like i'm some kind of goondu when i waited by the seats :sweatsm:

what's the difference between leaving behind a tissue pack of paper and leaving a person behind. If we were to think rationally, if the whole group buys their food together, they can all finish off faster and the seat will be vacated faster for others to use. Usually the whole group will wait for the last person to finish before leaving together. No?

So what about leaving behind a note that says "These seats are taken, Thank you" Leaving a person behind does the same thing right?

I've never tried the "leave tissue behind" method, instead we always leave a friend behind. Usually me, because I'm less picky with food and eat rather fast.
I have several experience on several occassions that someone just comes along with their food and sits down without asking. When I or my friend/colleague politely tell them "Sorry the seat's taken" he totally ignores me and some even wave on to their friends "Come come there are seats here" :thumbsup:

So it doesn't matter if you leave a packet of tissue, note, person behind. If they have no basic courteosy, they just don't.

tissue and people of course got difference. if there is someone, I will ask her if I can sit for a while for a quick bite. If there is no one, I no choice cannot just push the tissue away and eat my quick bite.

That's a good one. I will do that next time. :thumbsup:

this does not happen just in the cbd area. last night i was having dinner at a hdb central coffeeshop, a table was 'chopped' with tissues.

photo639tp2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.