Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese Indonesian.

Indonesian by place of birth.
Singapore PR by coicidence.
Human by nature.
Asian melting pot by race.
Chinese by formal race because there is no 'Asian melting pot' option in most form published.

Was mistaken for...

Hong Konger... cos i spoke (note tense) cantonese...
Taiwanese... cos of my vulgarities...
Japanese... dunno... hairstyle during that time?
Thai... cos i know how to count 1-10? hehe...
Singaporean... cos i speak Singlish too... maybe its an added incentive...
Korean... (ya ya...) err... i still feel they think i am a SG Idle... never seen a gong kia b4...

and never anybody would ever expect i am from another country... hmm... truth is... i am not a Singaporean... i'm only stay here permanently... I'M AN ALIEN!!!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Was mistaken for...

Hong Konger... cos i spoke (note tense) cantonese...
Taiwanese... cos of my vulgarities...
Japanese... dunno... hairstyle during that time?
Thai... cos i know how to count 1-10? hehe...
Singaporean... cos i speak Singlish too... maybe its an added incentive...
Korean... (ya ya...) err... i still feel they think i am a SG Idle... never seen a gong kia b4...

and never anybody would ever expect i am from another country... hmm... truth is... i am not a Singaporean... i'm only stay here permanently... I'M AN ALIEN!!!
haha, welcome to planet Earth.

Conan said:
Nationality: Filipino (SG resident)
Race: Malay-Chinese-Spanish
Btw, Filipinos are also of Malay stock - the CIA factbook calls us "Christian Malays", but we are probably closer to Bruneian/Indonesian Malays than peninsular Malays. How's that for race history?

My Dad's Filipino-Spanish and my Mom's Chinese. People can't decide whether I look Filipino or Chinese - I DEFINITELY do not look Spanish. In the US, most people think I am Mexican!

The CIA factbook is US Propaganda RUBBISH. MOST (I say MOST NOT ALL) Americans are quite ignorant - I am trying to be PC and not use the word that starts with an 'S'. You are right - the Filipino race is quite close to the Bruneian/Indonesian Malays because of we are from the same racial 'stock' anthropologically - the Melanesian stock - our close relatives are the Polynesians (the Hawaiians, Tahitians, Fijians, Maoris and even certain Native American tribes). But the Filipino race has also been infused by Spanish genes - the mestizos, is that it?

The Malays from the Peninsula are more Indo-Chinese or of the 'Mongoloid' race - closer to Chinese, Koreans and Japanese.

Very interesting race thing!

When I was in the US, most people were very confused - they thought Singaporean is a race! So I have to explain that I am Singaporean but of Filipino-Chinese descent - plus my surname makes it all the more confusing - they kept on insisting I am from Cuba / some part of South America or the perennial favourite - Mexico.

Just another homo sapien. Be it black, white or zebra.......you got the stuffs :thumbsup:

They want you lor..............

Do you think they want a jack of all trades, master of none like moi :sweat:

Sion said:
Nationality is not so important leh.

The main thing is where your :heart: is. :)

towards the left side of my chest cavity

Lim peh Indonesian Chinese ;p

The poll left out Golgafrinchum.

Those from Golgafringhum probably would not be happy with having to select "Others"

And who can blame them !

Personally I am not from Golgafrinchum, but I do not see the planet I was born on mentioned!

I will pass this undersite away. But will make note that MOST that voted are from Singapore.

It would be quite alarming if it were anywhere else .

GO C.S. (Cameras Singapore)

:)

ako ay filipino.
[i am a filipino]

Indonesian nationality

Singaporean PR
Home: Everywhere (Travel All the time....) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.