what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mayb d mods should jus close tis thread if it goes haywire... :sweat:

sORe-EyEz said:
mayb d mods should jus close tis thread if it goes haywire... :sweat:

+1 before the mods close this one... :bsmilie:

while there, i was also having a domke and nikon camera(inside the bag) with me too. for me, if my domke contains 6 lenses and etc, etc. i will not carry it on my shoulder while thumbing through books. a bag which look substantially 'unfull' and weighs under 3 kg would impact the carrier differently as compared to one which is full, stretched and as least 10 kg in weight.

maybe, with hindsight, i should have asked to view what was inside the bag and weigh it at a 10cts coin operated weighing machine. then, we do not need to go down this route.

me having problem, well, i acknowledge that you are entitled to your view. it is ok with me.

Ian said:
How do you know his bag was light? For all you know it might have contained half a dozen lenses and assorted filters, flash units etc.

Also for all we or you know the guy may have been taking shots right before going in to the bookstore.

Finally, what's his age got to do with the price of wheatgerm on the Siberian gold market?

No offense intended but it sounds like you're the one with the problem.

presumptious?

sORe-EyEz said:
ya lo. no i no $$, mayb wen i m ah-pek den can afford such toys. den a young dude gets jealous & post nasty comments on tt old fart! :nono:

idor said:
no lah... those middle age driving ferrari better hide the logo..... otherwise when pple see the car they will say he showing off sports car and he dun even know how to drive above 90km/h.... :bsmilie:

Want to take on a way-past-middle aged friend of mine? How about an average of 250 km per hour speed? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

student said:
Want to take on a way-past-middle aged friend of mine? How about an average of 250 km per hour speed? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Life is like that. Sports cars are meant for middle aged men only. (partly because of the price tag)

Wah! I better be careful leh!

Aiyoh! I am past 50 years old alredi!

Next time I better carry only one disposable camera! And better hide this when I look at books. Yah! Lau alredi! Brain cells koyak! So getting more and more foolish!

Otherwise some young blokes laugh at me and say I am show off leh! Better keep my Bi......m and L.....o at home. Wonder which ones to keep at home! Oh yah! All of them. P&S don't really need bags right?

Astin said:
Life is like that. Sports cars are meant for middle aged men only. (partly because of the price tag)

Quite true. But how many young men can take to the roads at an average of 250 kph? Go

Domke bag expensive meh? Compare to Billingham

Nikon D2X expensive meh? Compare to Leicas or Canon 1Ds MkII

If you really want to show, must show the best of the best......

A few Leicas body, with all the wide, standard and mid range lens. Maybe carry a Billingham bag? That alone probably will be more than 20,000 easily....

Or a 1Ds MkII with 50mm f1.0, 35mm f1.4, 85mm f1.2, 70-200 f2.8, 135mm f2 and a Billingham bag....about $25,000-$30,000?

student said:
Wah! I better be careful leh!

Aiyoh! I am past 50 years old alredi!

Next time I better carry only one disposable camera! And better hide this when I look at books. Yah! Lau alredi! Brain cells koyak! So getting more and more foolish!

Otherwise some young blokes laugh at me and say I am show off leh! Better keep my Bi......m and L.....o at home. Wonder which ones to keep at home! Oh yah! All of them. P&S don't really need bags right?

Haha.....I know you sure have a Billingham......

reachme2003 said:
while there, i was also having a domke and nikon camera(inside the bag) with me too. for me, if my domke contains 6 lenses and etc, etc. i will not carry it on my shoulder while thumbing through books. a bag which look substantially 'unfull' and weighs under 3 kg would impact the carrier differently as compared to one which is full, stretched and as least 10 kg in weight.

maybe, with hindsight, i should have asked to view what was inside the bag and weigh it at a 10cts coin operated weighing machine. then, we do not need to go down this route.

me having problem, well, i acknowledge that you are entitled to your view. it is ok with me.

So the idea of this thread is to remind us that you can afford a domke and 6 lenses when you are still so young? Wah, I'm so jealous. How I hope i can get a domke when I reach your age. :)

at least he wasn't called a commando when he was reading lor... i was called a commando when i entered AP, and now i think i better not go there...

What is wrong with that???

I also have a domke bag, not really that expansive what...
And guess what, once i get my insurance money, I go camera shop visiting with a certain % of that money. Old men have money to spend.
You mean that after slogging for so many years a man cannot buy expansive toys?

Sheesh!

i suggest that you read the relevant post again, or else you could embarass yourself further. alas, presumptuous again! sigh!

Stylus C34 said:
So the idea of this thread is to remind us that you can afford a domke and 6 lenses when you are still so young? Wah, I'm so jealous. How I hope i can get a domke when I reach your age. :)

you got $$ what. how fortunate!

ortega said:
What is wrong with that???

I also have a domke bag, not really that expansive what...
And guess what, once i get my insurance money, I go camera shop visiting with a certain % of that money. Old men have money to spend.
You mean that after slogging for so many years a man cannot buy expansive toys?

Sheesh!

you got $$ what. how fortunate!
so i see.... this thread is to express your jealousy toward richer folk?
its not about being fortunate most of the time man... some people are rich because they worked hard in the past and now are living off bank interest!
if you jealous that you are not to "fortunate", then go work hard and earn your moola!

Status
Not open for further replies.